Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Open League - Let's make it fun again

Old
Default
Open League - Let's make it fun again - Thu Nov 03, 2011, 07:44 AM
(#1)
Darkman61's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,226
BronzeStar
Okay. All I ever hear is people moaning about this league, So let's see if I can make it a little more interesting for you.

I'll offer you odds of 2/1 against you playing more games than me before you hit a negative score.

And..................

I'll offer 3/1 against you finishing higher than me at the end of the month.

Max bet on each prop is $1.

Wagers need to be stated in this thread prior to the start of today's final game. Stakes will then need to be transferred to a trusted 3rd party prior to completion of tomorrow's games. EST applies.

I hope I haven't broken any rules with this. If I have I'm sure the mods will make it clear and give me the appropriate reprimand
 
Old
Default
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 09:37 AM
(#2)
EdinFreeMan's Avatar
Since: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,540
Darkman is back -

beware Open Leaguers!

I almost wish I was back in the Open League to take you up on this. I played the first tournament this morning whilst getting breakfast and waiting for the Premier League to kick off. I registered after 91/2 mins when the 6000 field was already down to 4000 and my 'entry' position was 1800. After 30 mins of folding I was 1400 of 2000. At the first break I was 804 of 934. I resisted the urge to play any hands at all and was all in with the big blinds at 300 for my last 270 chips. My K7 off in that hand got beat by 63 that hit a full house, so zero hands won for a finish 663/6019.

You must have been taking bigger risks to get your higher finish of 570th. Though I would bet you played very few hands, maybe you got AA and only played that.


Can't see you getting many takers here - but good luck in the League,

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
 
Old
Default
Darkman OL Prop - Thu Nov 03, 2011, 12:43 PM
(#3)
boobylops's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 232
BronzeStar
I'll take up the finish bet, can't take the other one , already got donked out by k9o against AKsuited !!!
 
Old
Default
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 02:58 PM
(#4)
Darkman61's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,226
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by boobylops View Post
I'll take up the finish bet, can't take the other one , already got donked out by k9o against AKsuited !!!
You wanna wait until the end of the month before you decide how much to stake?
 
Old
Default
Let's make it fun again - Thu Nov 03, 2011, 04:15 PM
(#5)
boobylops's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 232
BronzeStar
No, I'll just send you my $1 now shall I ? LOL
 
Old
Default
Fri Nov 04, 2011, 02:42 AM
(#6)
Darkman61's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,226
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by boobylops View Post
No, I'll just send you my $1 now shall I ? LOL
No

I'll find a fine upstanding citizen to whom we can send our money for safekeeping and post it here sometime today

Only one taker. I thought BobbyTheFish and mcgameboy would've given it a shot
 
Old
Default
Sun Nov 06, 2011, 06:28 AM
(#7)
Darkman61's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,226
BronzeStar
Okies. ahar010 (zero one zero) has agreed to hold the stakes. I've transferred my $3. As soon as you transfer your $1 it's game on

I see you've got a nice lead
 
Old
Default
Open skill League Challenge- Let's Make It Fun Again - Sun Nov 06, 2011, 05:23 PM
(#8)
boobylops's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 232
BronzeStar
Funds transferred to stakeholder.

I have a bit of a lead now but when I accepted the challenge the boot was on a different foot , I was 5559th after my first game when I took you up on this.

Tracking of scores since I accepted the challenge has been done but i can't get them to paste properly in the forum, anybody knowing how to do it please help,

This looks like it might be a very tight challenge, good luck and it's a shame no-one else took you up on it.

Last edited by boobylops; Sun Nov 06, 2011 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: Wordpad tabs don't work in paste
 
Old
Default
Mon Nov 07, 2011, 05:55 PM
(#9)
Darkman61's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,226
BronzeStar
Okay. Not that we had anything on it, but my positive run's over. My Aces just got cracked by a one outer. Standard
 
Old
Default
Thu Nov 10, 2011, 02:24 PM
(#10)
Darkman61's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,226
BronzeStar
Got you in my sights now


34 5 boobylops $2 $10 2119.87
35 4 zerok666 $2 $10 2112.44
36 3 Chameleon X7 $2 $10 2105.54
37 16 bengad $2 $10 2102.43
38 2 annakr1 $2 $10 2100.46
39 1 Darkman61 $2 $10 2098.62
 
Old
Default
Thu Nov 10, 2011, 04:49 PM
(#11)
boobylops's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 232
BronzeStar
This is getting really interesting now, only one place in it .

PokerSchool Open Skill League
Rank Username Level < 20 VPP 20+ VPP Eligible Score
29 9 annakr1 $2 $10 2144.47
30 6 Chameleon X7 $2 $10 2134.99
31 3 boobylops $2 $10 2132.36
32 7 Darkman61 $2 $10 2130.21
33 4 CITYOFCHA539 $2 $10 2128.31
Last updated: November 10, 2011 3:16 ET




My positive run has also ended after 20 games with a mis-click putting me all-in when i meant to fold.

With any luck I will be able to catch up on the 4 games I'm behind you over the weekend.

Last edited by boobylops; Thu Nov 10, 2011 at 04:52 PM.. Reason: add league table
 
Old
Default
Sun Nov 13, 2011, 11:57 PM
(#12)
lunderk's Avatar
Since: Nov 2011
Posts: 6
Either of you two know why the standings have not been updated today? is this a common occurence?
 
Old
Default
Mon Nov 14, 2011, 01:16 AM
(#13)
boobylops's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 232
BronzeStar
I was wondering the same but have come to the conclusion it's because it's the weekend and nobody is available to post them.

Last edited by boobylops; Mon Nov 14, 2011 at 01:16 AM.. Reason: spelling !!
 
Old
Default
Mon Nov 14, 2011, 09:07 AM
(#14)
mcgameboy's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
No

I'll find a fine upstanding citizen to whom we can send our money for safekeeping and post it here sometime today

Only one taker. I thought BobbyTheFish and mcgameboy would've given it a shot

Dammit

I WISH I had seen this post when it was posted D'Man and not just 5 minutes ago. Because I would definitely have taken you up on the offer. It would have given me an extra added incentive.
Because I dont intend to make the same mistake I made in August. Back then, I finished 21st and everyone in the Top 20 had played at least 74 games (some had played more than twice as many games than I had). I played only 62 and missed on Top 20 by 1.19 points. I was even in the Top 20 with one game to go. Lesson learned.

But for the record, here's my story this month so far....

Played 36 games

ITMs: 35 (only failure was in my 12th Game when I missed ITM by 49 places)
Positive scores: 35 (my only failure was in my 36th game which was the 1700 ET game last night - even then...it's probably only minus 3 as I scraped into ITM to get those extra 3 points).

But now the real business begins...the 2400 point choke now means that ITM wont guarantee a positive points score

Anyhow....good luck for the rest of the month D'man..same to you booby Let's all aim for at least Top 20...and finish there
 
Old
Default
Mon Nov 14, 2011, 09:14 AM
(#15)
roomik17's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,556
BronzeStar
Damn ^^^ that is pretty impressive!!
 
Old
Default
Mon Nov 14, 2011, 09:49 AM
(#16)
!!!111Dan's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunderk View Post
Either of you two know why the standings have not been updated today? is this a common occurence?
Hi Lunderk and welcome to the forum.
Normally, we would like members to start a thread of their own with this question so that the original post stays on track.
Please understand that at times, the leaderboard does have delays in updating. No need to worry, all scores are kept and when the updates are done, everything will be correct.
Sorry for the delay.
 
Old
Default
Mon Nov 14, 2011, 11:05 AM
(#17)
Darkman61's Avatar
Since: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,226
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgameboy View Post
Dammit

I WISH I had seen this post when it was posted D'Man and not just 5 minutes ago. Because I would definitely have taken you up on the offer. It would have given me an extra added incentive.
Nice that you've stumbled upon the reason for me throwing down the challenge. Nothing motivates a poker player more than money. And I was certain that anyone that who took me up on this would make damn sure they were concentrating 100% on their game this month

And as of yesterday it became an even more attractive proposition. As due to some unforeseen family problems I'm unlikely to be playing anywhere near as many games as I normally would
 
Old
Default
Wed Nov 16, 2011, 01:24 AM
(#18)
boobylops's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 232
BronzeStar
Sorry to hear that DM, I was really enjoying this challenge but as you say it has really motivated me this month.

Hope your problems sort themselves out.

And good work mcgameboy
 
Old
Default
Wed Nov 16, 2011, 10:57 PM
(#19)
boobylops's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 232
BronzeStar
Heart stopping hand,

very first hand in tonight's 2 am Open Skill League





I didn't play another hand for an hour and a half.
 
Old
Default
Wed Nov 16, 2011, 11:37 PM
(#20)
joy7108's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,287
Nice to see the best hand holding up, not sure I would have pushed first hand. WTG!!:

thumbup:
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com