Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Take it away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
Take it away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Thu Nov 03, 2011, 07:50 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
ChromeStar
Geez!!!! I get up this morning and find myself once again in the premier league, after deliberately not playing much, not getting my 150 vpps, so guess its a sit out month. I hate this league so much, the times are the pits, the games are so boring , fold fold fold , and unless you get the 150 vpps a waste of hours and hours and hours. I played in the open league last month came in 895th and thought for sure I would be safe from the premier league. You gotta wonder why a league that has 1500 entrants is hard pressed to get 200 in a tournament, that pretty much says something is not right me thinks. See ya all next month I guess and good luck to all!!!!!!!!!!! On second thought theres a new donkey in town, now that sounds alot less boring.

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 08:16 AM
(#2)
BronzeStar
Maybe the old hedgehog is a bit dense. If you were in the Premier League during October and wanted out, the easiest and cheapest way would be to not earn more than 20 VPPS. It would mean a guaranteed demotion to the Open League. Though doing that eliminates any chance at a milestone hand.

Way everyone talks here on the forum, it's the Open League that is nothing but folding. Is it the same thing in the Premier League? If so, then you're right about needing some way of tweaking the structure. Since you have played in the Premier League, can you explain what problems you have?

If I'm reading your message right, the Premier League games seldom have more than 200 entrants. Such low participation per game would make me think it would be easier making the money. At the least, positive points will change your standings dramatically. Doesn't that offer a better opportunity at making the money within the Premier League?

The last point is the number eliminated. I thought the Premier League lost 700 each month. The Open League promoted the top 500 qualified finishers and the Premier Qualifier League promoted the top 200. If so, then a finish of 895 should remove you.

I suppose the only way to know for certain that you have been demoted is if you did not receive a ticket for the November competition.

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 08:26 AM
(#3)
There's got to be something wrong
I didn't play one game last month and I'm in the Premier league for this month, got ny tickets
Go figure

Hi Chilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
The last point is the number eliminated. I thought the Premier League lost 700 each month. The Open League promoted the top 500 qualified finishers and the Premier Qualifier League promoted the top 200. If so, then a finish of 895 should remove you.
Cairn, it's 800 from Premier, 500 from Open

Last edited by Sandtrap777; Thu Nov 03, 2011 at 09:35 AM..

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 09:19 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2010
Sandtrap, that does look very wrong if you played zero games and got a ticket.

But it is 800 from Premier, 500 from Open, 200 from Qualifier. (with 20+vPPs)

And Cairn, you would have to get your 20VPPs each month to make playing back in the Open worthwhile, although you do not need them to enter it, you do need them for the prize boost.

Best way to guarantee demotion to Open could be to register and sit out a few tourneys. If you reg and sit out you will lose a few points in Premier mostly, (unless tables keep accidentally folding to your BB) unlike in the Open where it will gain you points almost every time to reg and just sit out., due to the high attrition rate and the fact that 1/2 to 2/3 entrants are not PSO registered, and not in the league.

Premier League tournament entrants size ranges from about 200-600 each day, depending on time. These are good field sizes and good length tournaments. If you can play one a day and a few extra on weekends/holidays that is enough to get you a shot at the top end. If you want to play a lot there is normally a break between one finishing and the next starting.

More boring than the Open? Seriously? Play is more varied from the off. There is much more blind stealing, 3-betting, post-flop play, shove/fold range judgement, bluffing, the lot. If you are at a passive table where everybody is folding, then great, take advantage.

Some people prefer the Open, fair enough.

Give me the Premier League any day.

Two tourneys in, and I'm ready for the next one.

Good luck all

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 09:55 AM
(#5)
Sorry everybody, after getting an insulting email from Too2coo, I rechecked and didn't see the word "Qualifier", so NO I don't have a Premier ticket

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 10:26 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
We can't confirm at this time that members have received a ticket in error. Please email support@pokerschoolonline.com for verification.
Members may participate in the Open League at the same time while awaiting confirmation from support.

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 01:18 PM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2010
ignore

Last edited by mcgameboy; Thu Nov 03, 2011 at 01:32 PM..

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 01:31 PM
(#8)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
Best way to guarantee demotion to Open could be to register and sit out a few tourneys.
I have to disagree with you in this case Ed. The best way is to not play ANY games. No games played = no ranking = automatic demotion.

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 02:09 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgameboy View Post
I have to disagree with you in this case Ed. The best way is to not play ANY games. No games played = no ranking = automatic demotion.
I have to disagree with me too.

- when I wrote that earlier Sandtrap seemed to be implying you could not play and still qualify - all cleared up now - so I propose that this is the 2nd best way to get relegated, perhaps if you accidentally registered for a Premier tourney?

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 03:26 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
I have to disagree with me too.

- when I wrote that earlier Sandtrap seemed to be implying you could not play and still qualify - all cleared up now - so I propose that this is the 2nd best way to get relegated, perhaps if you accidentally registered for a Premier tourney?

I never implied,
I said " There's got to be something wrong"

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 04:15 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
I never implied,
I said " There's got to be something wrong"

Ok,

so I have to disagree with myself once more. Sandtrap did not imply that, I only inferred from his post that perhaps it was not impossible to get a ticket even if you had not played any games. I think I need to open a thread where I just argue amongst myself. No I don't. I do really. I bet I won't though. Although I might, just to prove myself wrong. Or not.

(voices off..... NURSE!)

Good luck all

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com