Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Open League Level

Old
Open League Level - Thu Nov 03, 2011, 01:50 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
Unbeleavable, there are even all-in donks in the Open League after the top 600

The guy sitting right behind me was just raising it to 4 BB because i got into a little chat fight with him.

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 02:01 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
I like the K6 shove better than your call with 55. And if he were the BB with K6 against a late position raiser I'd definitely support it. Has UTG been really active lately? There could be so many good reasons for that guy to shove K6s...

I think it's a pretty easy fold with your 55 with UTG and UTG+1 already in there.

Last edited by oriholic; Thu Nov 03, 2011 at 02:06 PM..

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 02:03 PM
(#3)
like i said the UTG raises everytime its my BB because of this chat I had, hes been playing 80% out of his 50 hands...
I see no reason to shove with K6o UTG+1 with a raise in front and close to 15 BB's...

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 02:07 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTiberxX View Post
like i said the UTG raises everytime its my BB because of this chat I had, hes been playing 80% out of his 50 hands...
I see no reason to shove with K6o UTG+1 with a raise in front and close to 15 BB's...
That sounds like a pretty good reason. Actually two pretty good reasons.

This is a textbook resteal.

Last edited by oriholic; Thu Nov 03, 2011 at 02:11 PM..

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 02:11 PM
(#5)
never mind its K-6 suited

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 02:19 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
First off it's . But the main idea is that this is a resteal. You have a super loose open raiser, and about 15 BBs in your stack. When you have a 10-20 BB stack you're basically looking for spots to shove in all your chips over a raise...either for value or as a bluff. With a hand like K6s (or even offsuit) you have a few things going for you. You have a K blocker--less likely the opener has KK. You have a K, which is an overcard to a lot of his calling range. You have about 30% equity against all those 77-QQ type hands just by having a K. And being suited adds a few percent to your chance of winning. In a game of small edges, a few percent is a very nice addition.

And remember, most of the time you're hoping for a fold. Those are just a few things that help you out if you do happen to get called.

Oh, and K6s is actually a top 25% hand...not bad for a resteal.

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 03:27 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
It's ok for a resteal, it would be much better if the K6 were in later position as he's got the whole table still to act behind him, but it's very table dynamic specific... if 3b's are getting tons of respect then this is a pretty good resteal shove indeed.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com