Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

This is what you get..

Old
Talking
This is what you get.. - Thu Nov 03, 2011, 09:01 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
This is what you get when you try to make a good play against donk who dont know how to spell POKER.

I play so well n stay calm against this table oppent, dealt AK i decided to 3bet him to make him fold out of pos, then he decided to go crazy with his 67 n got lucky, then few hand later... KK busted by another 2player, again, both of them decided to go crazy with AToff.... OMG!

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 09:02 PM
(#2)
Both of the hand are from TheBig$2.20..

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 09:08 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
the AK hand, you've got way too many chips to be all-in preflop. When you get raised pre, just flat it and make sure you get a pair. That way, if you miss, you can muck and still have a playable stack.

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 09:28 PM
(#4)
Maybe you are right, but this villian is very agressive, i just make a 3BB preflop raise which i think is standard, when he 3bet me i already made up my mind if i m going to play this hand i cant just call, coz i have the pos n it coz me 1/3 of my stack if i have to call pre-flop, thats why i made that decision to play all in with my chip covering his. Maybe thats the bad move..

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 09:53 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
yes, you have position, but you don't have a made hand. If you see a pair with your AK, that's different, but as of then, you only have ace high.

Trying to push too much, too often, especially without a made hand will get you into alot of trouble and alot more earlier KO's than you should get.

P.S. I know that tourney, played in it a number of times before black friday. If you want to cash and then make a deep run in it... don't push without a made hand the first 2 hrs and be very patient. Let the people like the opp in this hand ko each other. Then, when you do get a made hand, let the one with chips double you. They'll give chips away as fast as they get them.

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 11:03 PM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramanAK View Post
This is what you get when you try to make a good play against donk who dont know how to spell POKER.

I play so well n stay calm against this table oppent, dealt AK i decided to 3bet him to make him fold out of pos, then he decided to go crazy with his 67 n got lucky, then few hand later... KK busted by another 2player, again, both of them decided to go crazy with AToff.... OMG!

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 11:03 PM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
yes, you have position, but you don't have a made hand. If you see a pair with your AK, that's different, but as of then, you only have ace high.

Trying to push too much, too often, especially without a made hand will get you into alot of trouble and alot more earlier KO's than you should get.

P.S. I know that tourney, played in it a number of times before black friday. If you want to cash and then make a deep run in it... don't push without a made hand the first 2 hrs and be very patient. Let the people like the opp in this hand ko each other. Then, when you do get a made hand, let the one with chips double you. They'll give chips away as fast as they get them.

Faster...

Old
Fri Nov 04, 2011, 09:19 AM
(#8)
Since: Sep 2011
First hand, lost sooooo many times with AK its not funny anymore, It's not a made hand but it still makes me wanna all-in and lose to hands lik 22 etc.

Second is bad luck not a bad beat, there will always be a guy/girl with Ace-rag thats gonna call you and hit a lucky Ace, still I will play pockets K's all-in everytime I get em, eventually your profit rate with them will be higher then your losing rate.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com