Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

hellohellohello

Old
hellohellohello - Wed Oct 09, 2002, 10:38 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
Don´t wanna bragg but i won a tourney again, my twelff one in fiften triez

I plaid every hand for three hours and was ubel to build big stack. My bestest hand was 37TQ. Those ace two double suteds had no clue. et waz heds up and I waz down to seven thowsan (i was thinkin bout my girlfriend and forgot i was playin thats the only rezon he caught me) and in three hans I had won. I was feeling lucky. i am the greatest. what a feelin!!! 8O 8) :P :twisted: :idea:

//hazy

ALWAYSINDOUBT

**Disclaimer** This is a lame attempt at humor, since I am insanely jealous at other people's abilities to do better than I, I must retaliate by laughing.

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2002, 12:24 AM
(#2)
Deleted user
Nice going Mat... i means hazy babyy ... you really is the best. I shouldnt have never doubted you. You also do have hottest girlyfriend. Keep up great works... crazy Hazy writ ther funnyst things i seen all day. (thansk hazzie)

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2002, 04:57 AM
(#3)
Deleted user
i think that is the sickest post i have ever seen. Does being part of the pack make you feel big? If people like you were strangled at birth the world would be a whole lot lot better place to live in.

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2002, 05:08 AM
(#4)
Deleted user
Hmmm.... Stalinski I now a Guy that owns a Time Machine.

Tony D

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2002, 08:53 AM
(#5)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalinski
i think that is the sickest post i have ever seen. Does being part of the pack make you feel big? If people like you were strangled at birth the world would be a whole lot lot better place to live in.
Well, the sickest post I've ever seen IS in this thread...

Chris

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2002, 09:20 AM
(#6)
Deleted user
Geez, no wonder you won. You get 4 cards to everybody else's 2

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2002, 11:40 AM
(#7)
Deleted user
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2002, 01:25 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalinski
Well, the sickest post I've ever seen IS in this thread...

Chris
Can you feel the :h: in this thread? Come on, just

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2002, 02:05 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
I'm all about love.

I think most people miss the point of this post - it isn't to belittle anyone. But think what you want.

Choking me at birth?

I would never say that about anyone, not even my worst enemy. I am speechless as to how to respond to that, so rather than saying something I might regret later, I will keep silent on the matter.

Hazy

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2002, 02:18 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
Call me a boring ol' fart if you like (many have), but I can't see much source of humour in a non-native English speaker's ability/inability in the English language.

How many here can match mat's English with their Swedish/German/Portuguese/French/wotever?

'Lame' humour is right. Start beating this guy at poker, or stfu.

Hazy - better watch yer speeling an grammaire - I'm an ex-English teacher!

pip pip

Glenn

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2002, 02:30 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
The point is certainly not making fun of anyones grammar. I understand language barriers as much as anyone. I have spent two years in the Middle East, and there is nothing more frustrating that not being able to speak the language of the people around you.

I didn't want to come out and say it directly, but I suppose I need to, for people to understand it.

The simple truth is pokermats, plays poorly, and gets away with it. I don't know how he does it, but he makes the most ludicrous calls and plays and is rewarded EVERY time for them. He does not bust with his bad plays EVER. He is no better than any of the players on the bottom of the rankings list. He play's very similar to them, as a matter of fact, but somehow he manages to find a way to win. In no limit it's because he's devised a very simple strategy that people fail to adjust to (please see my How to beat an alien post in the Advanced Poker forum).

As for me beating him, I have, I can, and I will continue to do so. I don't think there has ever been one time that pokermats has knocked me out of a tourney because of his superior play (or for that matter his inferior play). I know how to play against him, he knows this, and he chooses not to get into confrontations with me when I enter a pot (this is the one difference between him and his counterparts, is he at least recognizes situations).

I know this is going to cause a lot of consternation, and that many will find it unfounded. For those of you that do, I challenge you to do this. Watch pokermats play five tourneys from beginning to end, and if then you can say that my statements are not without justification, then I will gladly retract them. I know I am not the only one that feels this way, I'm just the only one who has the guts to come out and say so. Bad play is being rewarded here, and I hate to see someone bragging (as pokermats does) about their performance when really they aren't all that good at the game in the first place. THAT was the point of this post. Not to ridicule someone for their grammar, but rather to point out the hypocrisy of such a bad player bragging about their performance, as if they are the next coming of Phil Ivey.

I'd take mats on in a live game, any time, any place, for any amount of dollars. Online. Forget it. I have my reasons.

Hazy

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2002, 02:38 PM
(#12)
Deleted user
thehazyone
Quote:
I'm just the only one who has the guts to come out and say so.
My guts demand an apology.

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2002, 03:29 PM
(#13)
Deleted user
there is a quicker way to determine mats ability- look at his results. Yours or anyone elses opinion on his ability doesnt change them.

i was one that thought mats would sink down the ratings like a stone but hes kept on delivering the results and he has gained my respect for that.

Considering the increasing hostile, sarcastic and downright nasty posts he has had to put up with he has responded in a much more commendable way than could have been expected. Making fun of his english is particularly pathetic.

He is prepared to take on anyone and who can blame him for ramming the point home when he beats them after all the the flak hes taken.

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2002, 04:07 PM
(#14)
Deleted user
ok first matts has his own style of play not many in the school can play it successfully but a player whose style he is close to is "the devilfish" devilfish is not a bad player but will also play "BAD" cards this style of play involes seeing alot of flops and using your stack and reputation to "BUY" pots, when a flop comes 48Q a "ROCK" will get taken off the pot by a player with this style as the "ROCK" knows the player could have any 2.

there are a few players of a similair style in the school that are successful allthough matts is problerly the wildest of them

i find matts style intresting and not one i could ever play but it works for him and he is successfull with it because he "KNOWS" when to fold, when too many tight players forget too.

now i have alot of notes on how to play pokermatts and other players in this style of play which i have picked up on but i feel it would be incorrect to expose any of these to any players in an open forum. And i dont think i would or should give out ways to beat a certain player to anyone. Allthough i would give out tips on how to play a certain style of player i would not name names.

I DON'T LIKE PEOPLE BRAGGING ALL THE TIME ABOUT HOW GOOD THEY ARE, this is a school and most of us are hear to learn not to hear "i'm better then you"

I do not think that people should be printing some of the stuff that has been printed in recent weeks on both sides and would prefer it if people would leave this kind of thing to the school playground.

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2002, 04:38 PM
(#15)
Deleted user
Ditto (see above)

With that said Just play poker.

Tony D

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2002, 04:56 PM
(#16)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehazyone
I understand language barriers as much as anyone
Then why take the mickey?

Quote:
In no limit it's because he's devised a very simple strategy that people fail to adjust to
Good for him then. Why is it your business to 'educate' people about this? No less than David Sklansky devised a beginner's NLHE strategy that looks laughable even to a dolt like me (it involved open-raising allin with 65s on the first hand of the WSOP - or very similar)

Quote:
I know how to play against him, he knows this, and he chooses not to get into confrontations with me when I enter a pot (this is the one difference between him and his counterparts, is he at least recognizes situations).
Ah! He 'recognises situations'. Quite a useful idea, somewhat like Apryll's 'table dynamics', no? Maybe not, I dunno, but he isn't stupid.

Quote:
I'm just the only one who has the guts to come out and say so.
Why would you care so much as to make it public ?

Quote:
<snip> THAT was the point of this post. Not to ridicule someone for their grammar, but rather to point out the hypocrisy of such a bad player bragging about their performance.. <snip>
If you're not aiming to ridicule someone's English, then you're off to a bad start when you ridicule their English. I'm pretty confident about that point.

Quote:
I'd take mats on in a live game, any time, any place, for any amount of dollars. Online. Forget it. I have my reasons..
What are your reasons? I was only half joking when I wrote here about mat's 'cunning plan'. I'd guess many here would start nervous in a headsup with mats. Good start for mats eh?

I'm not 'on your case' Hazy. I greatly respect your play, your writing and so on. But these attacks are getting quite unpleasant. Relax. If mat's play is as bad as you say it is then we'll come back in 12 months time, his %age will have plummeted and he'll be much quieter. Or he'll have left with his tail between his legs. Or he'll be sitting pretty. Time will tell.

Meanwhile - ISBN 0-452-28126-1

Ommmmm

regards

Glenn

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2002, 05:07 PM
(#17)
Deleted user
Well thoughtout post Ironside. You stated alot of what I have been thinking about with pokermats style.

I have only recently been at the same table with him, but obviously with all the press he gets I was aware of his play. He has busted me a few times with wierd hands.....tho I am sure I could of played the hands better.

Anyway........

I thought Pokermats bragging post was allittle playground-ish......but with all the flack he takes, he probably is due some bragging rights.
As far as Hazy's post goes.....I got a good chuckle from it and thought, when I read it, that the disclaimer would of prevented anyone misinterperting the post??? I guess not. It was a parody to Matt's post and it was funny, I bet even Matt laughed at it.

As far as Matt's play....the books, the experts, the pros, all say you cant win this way.....maybe ya cant....but as we all know there are no definites in Poker. Nothing is written in stone. I for one cannot play that way. Matt has an ability to pick the right situations, with the right players, and is succesful with it.

I commend him for going against the norm and sticking to his guns. I will learn to play against him. Just as I will learn to play against all other styles of play. That is what I am here for, and I am glad I have a player like Matt to play against, becuase I am sure there is no shortage of these players at the live tables.

Just my opinion.

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2002, 06:17 PM
(#18)
Deleted user
Quote:
I'd take mats on in a live game, any time, any place, for any amount of dollars. Online. Forget it. I have my reasons.
My reasons as well. Anybody who decides to CALL all-in with Q7o and then proceed to bust AQ when two sevens flop...Calls with 62o all in on J72 flop only to see a 6 on a river...decides to go to war with T933 in PLO and hit the trey is obviously way ahead of all of us...

I know he has his own style, that's fine with me...it is just "remarkable" to me about anybody can have this uncanny knack to turn losing hands preflop, on the flop, and on the turn into gold mines time and time again...

Later...

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2002, 06:35 PM
(#19)
Deleted user
If we are all going to compare pokermat scars take a look at this one.

Two tables left both mats and I have average to above average stacks. He's in mid position and raises 1x the bb. I'm in late position with mats covered and I go all in with QQ.

Flop comes Q 5 4 3 2

Pokermats turns over A7 for the win.

I recover from almost nothing and about 15 hands later mats raises his usual 1x the bb again in mid position and I'm the BB. Mats has me covered but I have enough to raise him approximately 1.5X pot. It's folded around to me and I bluff all in with KJ and lose to Ace rag again.

I'm not complaining and luckily I don't put much faith in conspiracy theories.

It will eventually catch up to him.

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2002, 08:03 PM
(#20)
Deleted user
Glenn,

Your post is well put. I'll keep quiet from now on. My apologies if I offended anyone, but I feel that my thoughts are justified and I refuse to take them back. I will, however abstain, from any future "playground" activities. But, I do think there is something wrong in pokermats land, and it isn't right.

'Nuff said.

Hazy

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com