Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

70 Bilionth Hand. WTF !?

Old
Exclamation
70 Bilionth Hand. WTF !? - Fri Nov 04, 2011, 04:51 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
So... I got up this morning for the first tournament of the day in the Open League (yay!!!!). While registering I saw in the lobby the announcement stating that the 70 billionth hand was to be dealt in the next hour. I usually play some cash tables on the side too, so I thought that was a good opportunity, considering there were fewer people playing at that hour.

Sadly I didn't get to try my luck. I was away for less than 5 minutes and when I got back... I saw the message you all see now in the lobby: "70 billionth hand now dealt". They didn't delay the hand as usual, and as never before there were no table or winner names. Checked the web too. Nothing.

This doesn't seem right to me, so I'll say it again: WTF !? Ideas anyone ?

Old
Fri Nov 04, 2011, 06:06 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Everything happened as usual with milestone hands on my end at least. Lobby hand ticker was working fine and when they had the big hand they delayed it about 10 minutes for railers to arrive. Went to a couple of Germans playing HU.

Old
Fri Nov 04, 2011, 08:08 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
I figured this hand would be dealt around 5am local time, so I got up at 4am to ensure I had my ticket for the lottery. Forget it. EVERY table seemed to have at least 10 people on the waiting list and new tables were filling faster than you could click

You want sympathy? Not a chance

Old
Fri Nov 04, 2011, 08:13 AM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
I figured this hand would be dealt around 5am local time, so I got up at 4am to ensure I had my ticket for the lottery. Forget it. EVERY table seemed to have at least 10 people on the waiting list and new tables were filling faster than you could click

You want sympathy? Not a chance
I just used the easy seat function and bought into a crap load of 6h PLo tables. Got a lot of tables but Still failed at winning the lottery though

Old
Fri Nov 04, 2011, 08:23 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
There is a video up on 2p2 saying they cheated, and colluded to win it

Old
Fri Nov 04, 2011, 08:44 AM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
Effin rigged if you ask me

Old
Fri Nov 04, 2011, 08:58 AM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
THIS SUCKED, I STAYED UP ALL NIGHT!...with about a million hands left before the big 1, decided to go check out and get myself in on some tables, and OMFG every table had anywhere from 10 to 18 on waiting lists, finally got on a 5c/10c NLHE table with about 100,000 hands to go, and got some idiom playing burn the clock and burnt the clock right through the 70 billionth hand.

I WANT HIS HEAD ON A SILVER PLATTER......arrrrggghhhhhh

10 minutes later, there were 180+ tables with 1 person each, and 120,000 less players on the site.I think today I find an alternative. Only time I've had a problem getting a seat, and still couldn't get a seat with the stakes I'm comfortable with, playing out of my proper buy in range. I guess my point is: Why, when all they are going to do is gain from the rake being taken in, would PokerStars not have enough tables available to account for the mass arrival of players wanting in?

Last edited by Stakehorse75; Fri Nov 04, 2011 at 09:22 AM.. Reason: 10 mins later...

Old
Fri Nov 04, 2011, 09:03 AM
(#8)
Since: Sep 2011
What do you think about european players? The hand was in the middle for the night for us, nice odds

Old
Fri Nov 04, 2011, 09:17 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
yeah they should have stopped stars for a few hours so Euro's had a better chance lol

Old
Fri Nov 04, 2011, 09:21 AM
(#10)
Quote:
yeah they should have stopped stars for a few hours so Euro's had a better chance lol
Damn right too old boy

Old
Fri Nov 04, 2011, 09:26 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Thats why I said it!!

Old
Fri Nov 04, 2011, 09:34 AM
(#12)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Pokerstars dealt it's 7 billionth hand last night to two German players at a heads-up table. The eventual winner of the hand 'Koenigskebap' walked away with in excess of $70,000 US dollars while runner-up 'DodgeUrOuts' also collected a nice win.

The celebration did not last long however as a thread on popular poker forum twoplustwo.com hinted that the two players had colluded to cheat the system.

Pokerstars will have to take a close look at the public perception of this and find ways to improve what is a very popular promotion. It is expected that Pokerstars will again run the milestone hand promotion at the 7.5 billion mark.

Old
Fri Nov 04, 2011, 09:36 AM
(#13)
BronzeStar
yeah they played 24 tables together, and simply folded every hand

Old
Fri Nov 04, 2011, 09:52 AM
(#14)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
this whole topic is making me sick

Old
Fri Nov 04, 2011, 10:35 AM
(#15)
aaa

Last edited by RedLetterman; Thu Dec 22, 2011 at 11:40 PM.. Reason: aaa

Old
Fri Nov 04, 2011, 10:42 AM
(#16)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stakehorse75 View Post
this whole topic is making me sick
Of course what makes this refreshingly different is that this time the poker site is not at fault.

All Pokerstars can be accused of here is putting on a wonderful promotion.

Would 2 players play at 24 tables folding every hand normally? Of course not. So maybe they did devise this as a strategy to win in the milestone promotion.

Even if they did it was a long shot. At the time of the 7 billionth hand been dealt there was in excess of 19,000 tables being played at Pokerstars.

That gave them at best, a one in seven-hundred and ninety two chance of hitting the mark!

They definitely increased their chance by sitting at the maximum number of tables allowed, but isn't that what poker players do? Increase their chances at every time of asking?

Old
Fri Nov 04, 2011, 10:51 AM
(#17)
aaa

Last edited by RedLetterman; Thu Dec 22, 2011 at 11:40 PM.. Reason: aaa

Old
Fri Nov 04, 2011, 12:22 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
I had the same issue last night. Had been watching the last ten of the milestone hands pop off, then all of a sudden saw the message that 70b had been dealt. No chance to watch it. No follow-up on who won what...

Seems like PStars knew something was off when it happened if they blocked a bunch of us from seeing it. I still have the promo banner over on the right of this page and there's no update about the winners. No list of ALL of the milestone hands either like they posted in the past.

Hey, whatever. Not like I blew a bunch of pennies chasing it this time around. Next time they run this, and US players are back, who wants to play 24 tables HU for FOLDZ?

edit: Ahh, found their article on it. Had to go to the main news page. But, yeah. No updates on Twitter or anything either.

edit 2: the link: http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/2011/l...8273.html#more

Last edited by mcrissinger; Fri Nov 04, 2011 at 12:28 PM..

Old
Fri Nov 04, 2011, 01:35 PM
(#19)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrissinger View Post
I had the same issue last night. Had been watching the last ten of the milestone hands pop off, then all of a sudden saw the message that 70b had been dealt. No chance to watch it. No follow-up on who won what...

Seems like PStars knew something was off when it happened if they blocked a bunch of us from seeing it. I still have the promo banner over on the right of this page and there's no update about the winners. No list of ALL of the milestone hands either like they posted in the past.

Hey, whatever. Not like I blew a bunch of pennies chasing it this time around. Next time they run this, and US players are back, who wants to play 24 tables HU for FOLDZ?

edit: Ahh, found their article on it. Had to go to the main news page. But, yeah. No updates on Twitter or anything either.

edit 2: the link: http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/2011/l...8273.html#more

YOU MAY WANT TO EDIT YOUR POST LAST TIME I SAID SOMETHING LIKE THAT I GOT A WARNING FOR TRYING TO "Violation of Terms and Conditions"
GOOD LUCK

Old
Fri Nov 04, 2011, 01:40 PM
(#20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
YOU MAY WANT TO EDIT YOUR POST LAST TIME I SAID SOMETHING LIKE THAT I GOT A WARNING FOR TRYING TO "Violation of Terms and Conditions"
GOOD LUCK

Sweet little you got a warning?Hmmmmmmm

I Don't believe it

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com