Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

nice flop

Old
nice flop - Sat Nov 05, 2011, 11:40 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar

Did i play this ok

Old
Sat Nov 05, 2011, 12:50 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Bet the flop or at least the turn. Sigh when he folds. He has nothing, but he's never folding a pair. I'd definitely try to get in a street of value before the river, because at least then he might think he's drawing to a possible winner.

Old
Sat Nov 05, 2011, 03:58 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
When you flop a monster, it is going to be pretty hard to get value unless your opponent has a good solid 2nd best hand.

I'll be honest, since you flopped SO BIG, I think a small bet on the flop might have gotten you some value. Consider...

- At the flop, he has to believe it is pretty rare for you to have an Ace.
- He still has max chance to spike on an un-paired "big card" hand if he mistakenly puts you on something like 77/88/99.
- By flop leading, you can make it LOOK like your were semi-bluffing big cards yourself with a turn CHECK.
- That may set up up to try "bluffing" if/when you check the river as well...

...or he may just fold to your flop bet.

The thing is, he is probably NOT folding any pair here, so you may as well try to set up value in the pot as early as possible. If he folds, he folds; you probably had just aobut no way to get extra value at all then...

Old
Sat Nov 05, 2011, 04:15 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2010
You have to bet something on the flop and/or turn and river if they come along.

I have been sat in that opps chair holding KK in a cash game. It got me my biggest ever single hand loss. I can't remember the sequence of betting then, but if your opponent does not bet you have to, they may just have the 2nd best hand.

It seems a shame that megamosters depend on opponents hand strength to get any value at all, but they have entered the pot so have some cards right?

Good Luck

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Sat Nov 05, 2011 at 04:19 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com