Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

US players in real money freeroll!!??

Old
US players in real money freeroll!!?? - Sat Nov 05, 2011, 09:50 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Yo, check it out under Private tab. Asia Poker Academy Bankroll builder. #463695858.

There are at least 6 US players in there. This can't be right.

Now off to troll the rest of the private real $ games to see if any more of this is popping up. Yay, Saturday night.

Old
Sat Nov 05, 2011, 09:59 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrissinger View Post
Yo, check it out under Private tab. Asia Poker Academy Bankroll builder. #463695858.

There are at least 6 US players in there. This can't be right.

Now off to troll the rest of the private real $ games to see if any more of this is popping up. Yay, Saturday night.
ARE THEY U.S. PLAYER LIVING OUT SIDE THE U.S. ??

Old
Sat Nov 05, 2011, 11:21 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
ARE THEY U.S. PLAYER LIVING OUT SIDE THE U.S. ??

Their location says "United States." That comes from the address they have on file with PokerStars. That means they should not be able to play in any games that real money is awarded.

Or it means I want my PSO ticket back.

Also found a bunch of multis in the $1k Beginner's tournies, but that's totally typical. That there were multis in the Team Online Followers Freeroll is kinda surprising, but not really.

Old
Sat Nov 05, 2011, 11:23 PM
(#4)
Concerns about specific player(s) should be reported to support@pokerstars.com. No one in this forum has the ability to address this issue.

Old
Sat Nov 05, 2011, 11:27 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
Above post is to be respected no farther discussion till Joe says so!
Dont hold your breathe it could be fatal.

Old
Sun Nov 06, 2011, 12:53 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Their location says "United States." That comes from the address they have on file with PokerStars. That means they should not be able to play in any games that real money is awarded.

Or it means I want my PSO ticket back.

Also found a bunch of multis in the $1k Beginner's tournies, but that's totally typical. That there were multis in the Team Online Followers Freeroll is kinda surprising, but not really.
I HAVE A FRIEND THAT MOVED BACK TO U.S. BUT IT STILL LIST HIM AS SPAIN
GOOD JOB ON THE MULTIS

Old
Sun Nov 06, 2011, 01:34 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
Concerns about specific player(s) should be reported to support@pokerstars.com. No one in this forum has the ability to address this issue.
Nah, man. That's not what this is about. There are US players registered in a freeroll tourney that pays out REAL $$. I(You, we,) CANNOT do that. How/why can they? I don't have concerns about them, I just want us all to join in.

Someone in this forum CAN address this issue. There are a couple of PStars folks that recently started posting here asking us for our questions/concerns...

Dunno if it's a glitch from an outside site that was allowed to offer tickets or what. BUT... I really wish I could've gotten hooked up with that glitch as well.

As for the multi-accounts... Well, I always send them to @support. At least ONE of the multi-accounts goes away for the most part.

Old
Sun Nov 06, 2011, 03:01 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Nah, man. That's not what this is about. There are US players registered in a freeroll tourney that pays out REAL $$. I(You, we,) CANNOT do that. How/why can they? I don't have concerns about them, I just want us all to join in.

Someone in this forum CAN address this issue. There are a couple of PStars folks that recently started posting here asking us for our questions/concerns...

Dunno if it's a glitch from an outside site that was allowed to offer tickets or what. BUT... I really wish I could've gotten hooked up with that glitch as well.

As for the multi-accounts... Well, I always send them to @support. At least ONE of the multi-accounts goes away for the most part.

just asking how do you know they are in the U.S.

see how long it takes someone to notice the change

Old
Sun Nov 06, 2011, 08:40 AM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
once stars has accepted your application for a new address they change your location, look at all the big time players that have moved and it reflects their new location, not sure why Mcriss is being told to keep this out of the forum...

Old
Sun Nov 06, 2011, 12:28 PM
(#10)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
not sure why Mcriss is being told to keep this out of the forum...
No one told Mcriss to keep this out of the forum (uh, it's still here isn't it?).

Joe was providing information about where to report this if desired, nothing more, nothing to read into. He's just trying to be helpful (don't report it if you don't want, just understand that posting it here isn't the way to report something that's amiss on the PS client... but feel free to vent or point it out all you like

Would you rather no one reply? This used to happen a lot in the past and then people would be ripping the PSO staff for ignoring everything.

Old
Sun Nov 06, 2011, 12:29 PM
(#11)
Us players can play if their computer is not in the USA. Just as I (Canadian) cannot play when my computer is in Arizona. The ban applies to your IP address not your residence.

I have read of US players living near the Canadian border coming here to Canada to play on line. All perfectly legal as I see it.

Old
Sun Nov 06, 2011, 01:20 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
you couldn't be more wrong ralph

Old
Sun Nov 06, 2011, 01:21 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
No one told Mcriss to keep this out of the forum (uh, it's still here isn't it?).

Joe was providing information about where to report this if desired, nothing more, nothing to read into. He's just trying to be helpful (don't report it if you don't want, just understand that posting it here isn't the way to report something that's amiss on the PS client... but feel free to vent or point it out all you like

Would you rather no one reply? This used to happen a lot in the past and then people would be ripping the PSO staff for ignoring everything.
cheers

Old
Sun Nov 06, 2011, 01:40 PM
(#14)
(Head Trainer)
Roomik is right Ralph, they have to establish a residence outside of the US, not just go over the border, unless I'm understanding something wrong. Stars was pretty clear about this after black Friday.

Old
Sun Nov 06, 2011, 01:52 PM
(#15)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Above post is to be respected no farther discussion till Joe says so!
Dont hold your breathe it could be fatal.

I receive a warning for something that is true! I have seen Joe posting contact support no one can help you here repeatedly and yet Im not allowed to broach the subject.
Or how about his dig on Roomik and that is supposed to go unchecked? I love the double standards that are becoming more evident lately.

Did I miss something about a Mod warning quota having to be met or is this the new great setup?
Now that we have more mods,I feel sorry for those that post near the end of their cycle.

Old
Sun Nov 06, 2011, 02:20 PM
(#16)
I have referred this to HostMichaeJO, our resident PokerStars security contact. He responded that it will be looked into. I will keep you posted on any information I receive that isn't also posted here.

I wish there was more we could do as I am curious as to why some players apparently US based are allowed in as well.

Old
Sun Nov 06, 2011, 02:32 PM
(#17)
BronzeStar
I've sent a message to support and hopefully they'll know what's going on...

The only reason I checked the tourney was because it looked like it might be a beta version of http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...lder-promotion. It's the only place I've seen any US players in real $ anything since BF, so it seems funky.

And I never felt any of the mods were telling me to keep this out of the forum.

Old
Sun Nov 06, 2011, 03:23 PM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphrob View Post
Us players can play if their computer is not in the USA. Just as I (Canadian) cannot play when my computer is in Arizona. The ban applies to your IP address not your residence.

I have read of US players living near the Canadian border coming here to Canada to play on line. All perfectly legal as I see it.

Um....no.

Old
Sun Nov 06, 2011, 05:44 PM
(#19)
Are you saying I can play online in the USA ??

Old
Sun Nov 06, 2011, 05:51 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphrob View Post
Are you saying I can play online in the USA ??
No, you can't. And a US player cannot hop across the border and start playing either.

From support on the people in this tourney:

Thank you very much for your report.

We are currently investigating this matter. Unfortunately we are unable to provide you a time frame for a response, however, please rest assured that we will contact you as soon as we have an answer.

Best regards,

Gilles G.
PokerStars Support Team

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com