seriously every time Open League

Old
seriously every time Open League - Sun Nov 06, 2011, 09:50 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
so im small stack got pockets 6s limped in
guy min raised so i called,
A6K drops
so im like im gonna win this because he problaby hit either a K or A pair. the guy out of position bets me all-in and I call off course
he shows me QT
so im like ok i got this in the bag he only has 4 outs all jacks (or a higher trips off course)
turn drops rag
And there it is ladies and gentlemen for the 500 millionth time a f ing jack.

This shit always happens in the open league its not funny anymore

Last edited by TOO2COO; Tue Nov 08, 2011 at 03:38 PM..

Old
Mon Nov 07, 2011, 05:20 AM
(#2)
here's another for ya, seriously how do their kind survive in this mad world.

Old
Mon Nov 07, 2011, 09:47 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
You have to remember that if there is any probability of a hand losing, it can happen. It is called "the luck factor." In the example you gave, XxTiberxX, your odds of winning were around 92%. Let me rephrase that, your odds of losing were 8%. This player hit the 8%, which is why you remember the hand.

Can you recall the last time you won a hand where your odds of winning were 92%? I'm guessing you couldn't simply because you expected to win, so you dismissed it when it happened.

Old
Tue Nov 08, 2011, 02:55 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTiberxX View Post
here's another for ya, seriously how do their kind survive in this mad world.

A: It's not a bad beat,sorry. 77.55% you vs. 21.09% villain with 1.36% tie. It IS a crap call by the villain but it's the Open League,what do you expect.

B: The points lost here are not the villains fault,nor the RNG's fault,they're YOUR fault. Come on man it's a LEAGUE game. More to the points it's an OPEN LEAGUE game. You know that there are idiots that will call with ATC's and it's only Level II here. You want to control the pot sizes of any hand you enter (which is counter to all poker strategy really) short of having AA and KK (maybe QQ) both of which you want to play fast and aggressive. AKs here should be just a call and see what falls on the flop. Given the "monkey see,monkey do" nature of the vast majority of these players I'm betting if all Pietroy had to do was check his option when it came around to him then that's what he would have done. But if you shove some of these dopes will call out of pure curiosity.

Old
computer program - Fri Nov 11, 2011, 10:50 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
it does seem to happen far too often to be just the run of the cards ; how mant times have we seen the big stack caii with s__t and still win ; seems to programmed to support chip leaders' makes sence. how else do you get through 10,000 players in 4to 5 hours::::

Old
Fri Nov 11, 2011, 10:56 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
It's the same, regardless of the situation. I've seen the same plays in anywhere from a 1 cent online tourney, to a $2.20 online, to a $33 LIVE tourney, to a $80 LIVE tourney, to a $330 LIVE tourney.

The same players are out there, regardless of level.

Old
Sat Nov 12, 2011, 12:28 AM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
I seem to remember a hand from the WSOP where AA lost to A6, it happens everywhere, its part of the game. Bad players make bad calls, and sometimes they win, simple as that.

The only thing you can control is how you react to it, and what you can learn.

Old
Tue Nov 15, 2011, 01:58 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty102 View Post
it does seem to happen far too often to be just the run of the cards ; how mant times have we seen the big stack caii with s__t and still win ; seems to programmed to support chip leaders' makes sence. how else do you get through 10,000 players in 4to 5 hours::::

Hi and welcome to the forum Marty.

Now I'm afraid I'm going to have to bite a piece of you azz off,sorry.

You want an "it's rigged" post to be your first contribution here? Really?

Can you do us all (and more importantly do YOURSELF) a favor and make your second post some concrete evidence to support this claim? Maybe a chart of your percentages with all starting hand combo's over a large sample.

And you get though 10K players in 4 to 5 hours because you have 9000 monkeys shoving ATC's from the jump. Not all that hard to figure out.

But if you do want to continue to blame any shortcomings your game has on extraneous factors then feel free. By all means.

If nothing else you'll be "popular".

Old
stats and stas again - Sat Nov 19, 2011, 04:09 PM
(#9)
It always makes me chuckle when you see this type of reply to a post . I think everyone who plays poker knows any starting can win or lose , but isn't the OP making the suggestion that the player who played K 3 offsuit probably didnt have a clue how bad a hand he had ; OpenSkill league freeroll about 80% of tge players dont give a sh1t . if you have ever played in the PremierSkill League you will realise that alot of bingo donks make it from the OpenSkill League to that one . And by the way Ah Kh vs Kd 2h is approx. 78% vs 22% pre flop not 92% vs 8% as you suggest .

Old
Sat Nov 19, 2011, 04:31 PM
(#10)
I analysed over 6million hands ( some my own , but most were others that ppl kindly sent to me for purposes of the analyses ) . these were all from micro to low stakes tourneys and sit SnGs .

The stipulation for this analyses was that you had to be short stacked with 8BBs or less and only 2 tables left or final table and you were heads up, after you shove with a top 10 hand , against one of the 2 big stacks on the table when they were in either of the blinds . From my analysis in this situation The bigger stack wins 91.38% of the time by hitting 2 pair or better regardless of the cards they play ; so basically they call you with ATC and win over 91% of the time .

I f you want a detailed account of this analysis ask PokerStars to send you one as they have a copy of it , but didnt seem too interested in it .

Old
Sat Nov 19, 2011, 04:34 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
curious, where did you find these players?

Old
Sat Nov 19, 2011, 04:48 PM
(#12)
Since: Nov 2011
When you ask people people to send you sample thats very bias IMHO. Just like was asked on the board a week ago what are the WIN% of AA vs any other hand... more often then not its the people who lost AA is gonna post their hand 80% of the time

Lets see quick stats. AA vs other hand AA wins about 80%

Odds of getting AA 1 in 221 hands assuming 9 people per table = approx 1/24 hands a table get AA

so 1/24 * 15000 average pokerstars tables 9+ discounting 10000 tables less than 9
assuming 1 hand every min = 625 AA hands/min 20% lose rate

= 125 AA Losing hands (heads up vs 1 player vs any hand) every single min

= 180,000 AA losing hands per day. so were bound to see ALOT of bad beats

Old
there are bad beats then there are stupid beats - Sat Nov 19, 2011, 04:56 PM
(#13)
This onre from the last PremierSkill League tourney .

Blinds were 200/400 with a 40 ante

I have 5825 chips in the SB the BB has 7100
the hand id folde round to me in the SB and i have JJ and raise to 880 , the BB flat calls

2120 in the pot

flop comes 10 5 7 rainbow and i lead out for 1400 then the BB shoves all in .

i think to myself does he have pocket 10s 5s or 7s and decide that if he thought i was bluffing /stealing pre flop he would have reraised pre flop . I also think he would have reraised pre with A 10 or K 10 so i put him on J 10 , 9 10 or 8 6 suited and as i have invested almost half my stack already and i think i have the best of it I call .

The BB shows pocket 4s ............................lo and behold a 4 on the turn and a brick on the end .

Just a stupid shove that got lucky .........................again .

How can he possibly think pocket 4s is the best hand in that situation . As i said i fhe thought i was stealing pre flop why did he flat call the raise . Just really bad poker methinks .

Old
Sat Nov 19, 2011, 04:58 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
dont you know JJ never wins????

Old
Sat Nov 26, 2011, 12:44 AM
(#15)
realyy i'll bear that in mind

Old
Fri Dec 02, 2011, 08:41 AM
(#16)
lovely a pair of 2's wins all the time.....lol

Old
Fri Dec 02, 2011, 08:43 AM
(#17)
eggs will get cracked.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com