Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

stupid Aces

Old
Wink
stupid Aces - Sun Nov 06, 2011, 02:28 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
early stages of the premier not much of a read yet on most of them but i totaly picked this one up wrong!!

any suggestions are welcome about the preflop play because after the flop i am just blinded by my rockets

Old
Sun Nov 06, 2011, 02:38 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
at least it's early in the month, so you have some time to recover from it. In that situation, I don't mind the raise you made... but you could push there pre too.

when the opp calls your flop bet, most often, they've got a J and you need to check it down the rest of the way, or fold to a bet.... unless you get an A.

Old
Mon Nov 07, 2011, 05:39 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2011
So many callers, so they should all at least have a mediocre hand, on that flop you had no chance because at least one of them should have a J, opponent is slow playing, you should of waked up when he called ur bet, because hes not gonna call with air (at least I hope in that league)

Would be a big loss but you were not pot commited yet, and you can always win those chips back with other hands.

Another option would be to go all-in pre-flop wich would have eliminated most hands with a Jack in it, it wouldnt be the best value thing to do, but most of the time you have better odds to win the pot that way.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com