Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

bad beat ?

Old
bad beat ? - Sun Nov 06, 2011, 06:45 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Not a nice way to go out i had to call

Old
Sun Nov 06, 2011, 06:53 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
that qualfies as a bad beat. You were a 3-1 favorite. When the opp shoves on you, I agree you have to call and you also know that the opp should have a J. You then need to avoid them hitting their other hole card or the board pairing again or the other J.

Unfortunately, they hit their other hole card.

Old
Sun Nov 06, 2011, 06:58 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
You're a massive favorite here against any range. The only hand ahead of you is , and there aren't a ton of combinations of he can have here. Sure, he has outs sometimes, but getting all in ASAP when wayyyyy ahead is what you want.

Old
Mon Nov 07, 2011, 05:31 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2011
In my oppinion you have 20+ BB so you should play alot tighter and just fold this hand, with min-raise there is a big chance that a J is involved, after flop, you should have folded, board is too dangerous for you if they all-in in front of you, you didnt have much chips in yet so it wouldnt have been a big loss.

Old
Mon Nov 07, 2011, 09:06 AM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTiberxX View Post
In my oppinion you have 20+ BB so you should play alot tighter and just fold this hand, with min-raise there is a big chance that a J is involved, after flop, you should have folded, board is too dangerous for you if they all-in in front of you, you didnt have much chips in yet so it wouldnt have been a big loss.
Ummmmm, huh? He has 46 bigs, and he hopes like hell a J IS out, or a flush draw, which is exatly what he got. He's a big favorite to an op. That has 4 outs, and the flush draw was dead money.

Old
Mon Nov 07, 2011, 09:51 AM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnestegg View Post
Ummmmm, huh? He has 46 bigs, and he hopes like hell a J IS out, or a flush draw, which is exatly what he got. He's a big favorite to an op. That has 4 outs, and the flush draw was dead money.
Like I said, with a big stack he would of just folded pocket 5s because they mostly are the worst hands preflop.

Old
Mon Nov 07, 2011, 10:04 AM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2011
He was actually getting a great pricd to strictly set mine at 23/1 (effective stack) on his call. assuming hell get paid off if he hits, and that price got even better with the call behind..and if he was deeper stacked, even a better price.so i'm still confused as to why he would be folding preflop ESPECIALLY if he was even deeper stacked..??? Then he damn near flops the holy grail of set mining, and your worried about a jack?

Old
Mon Nov 07, 2011, 11:55 AM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2011
The only argument you could make for folding is if you are squeezed by the shortish stacked player behind him and so you waste 100 chips, either way for 2 big blinds its an easy call to set mine with 55 as loosing 100 to a squeeze is worth the risk to win a massive pot which you would of done if it wasn't for the bad beat.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com