(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
**moved**

Old
Mon Nov 07, 2011, 01:42 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
I'm in, a real long shot but for a dollar, why not?? It would be really great to see someone from PSO take this down.

Old
Mon Nov 07, 2011, 02:33 PM
(#5)
(Head Trainer)
A few pieces of advice for PSOers playing in this thing:

-Tend to play fast, not tight. The structure is fast as you might expect to run a tourney with 150K players. It's a turbo with a starting stack of 2K. That will be the big blind in less than 2 hours of play. If you're just folding waiting for premium starting hands, you'll be short stacked relatively quickly. If you plan to start with a snug strategy, review the structure so you're prepared to open it up if the big hands don't come, before you get too short. Don't be afraid to gamble, even early. If you are, you have no shot to win this thing.

-Gamble doesn't mean stupid though, try to take intelligent gambles. Identify quickly who the folders and tight players are, and put the heat on them... finding spots to pick up chips without premium hands will be critical. Try and be the aggressor with fold equity whenever possible, and when you do pick up a premium hand, be willing to play a big pot with it, even on level 1 (yes the stacks are deep on level 1, 100 bb's, but as you review the structure you will see that won't last long).

-It's a $1 tourney with a quarter of a million dollar prize pool... let's face it, there will be more non-folders than folders early on. If you think you've seen some bad play in the skill leagues, buckle your seat belt. The callers you should punish for value when you think you have the best hand, period. I would generally not concern myself much with pot control in this fast a structure, I would try to extract maximum value when ever I thought I had the best hand and would never be afraid to go for it with good equity.

-Don't be afraid to bust out, even on hand #1. I guarantee you, whoever wins this event will have taken a great many chances along the way, and will have all the chips in with the worst of it multiple times. Being all in with the worst hand isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as you were making a good poker play (3b resteal shoving over a "folder", calling a loose openers shove with a hand that plays well against their range, etc). This is what I mean by trying to make intelligent gambles... you'll have to make many to run deep in this deal, the smarter you choose these spots the more of an edge you'll have over your weaker, less thinking opponents.

-If you think a spot is close, all else being equal, lean towards going with it. "Waiting for a better spot" is for slower structures generally, in this thing that elusive "better spot" isn't likely to come before you're blinded off or completely crippled from the rapidly escalating blinds.

GL PSO'ers. Remember, you shouldn't be playing this to try and squeak into a $4 min-cash. First place is 50K. Although the structure is really fast and it will be a mine field, this tourney offers a tremendous value to the thinking player and at a bargain price... take advantage of it.

Dave

Old
Mon Nov 07, 2011, 03:02 PM
(#6)
Some nice extras for different countries , I presume all countries have similar extras added make sure you check the promo page, come on UK and Ireland lets be having the 10K freeroll.

Last edited by 73REX73; Mon Nov 07, 2011 at 03:03 PM.. Reason: mistake

Old
Mon Nov 07, 2011, 07:37 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
Good luck in the Bingofest,cant wait to read the bad beats...Oh wait I can!

Old
Thumbs up
Thanks Langolier - Mon Nov 07, 2011, 08:43 PM
(#8)
for the tips,,,,well worth a buck,,,,gamble,,,,,,, come on trip nines...!!!.....

Old
Mon Nov 07, 2011, 09:30 PM
(#9)
Since: Dec 2010
All in with
My favourite hand to lose with!

Old
Sat Dec 03, 2011, 11:02 PM
(#10)
Since: Dec 2010
"bump"

"good advice"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelangolier View Post
a few pieces of advice for psoers playing in this thing:

-tend to play fast, not tight. The structure is fast as you might expect to run a tourney with 150k players. It's a turbo with a starting stack of 2k. That will be the big blind in less than 2 hours of play. If you're just folding waiting for premium starting hands, you'll be short stacked relatively quickly. If you plan to start with a snug strategy, review the structure so you're prepared to open it up if the big hands don't come, before you get too short. Don't be afraid to gamble, even early. If you are, you have no shot to win this thing.

-gamble doesn't mean stupid though, try to take intelligent gambles. Identify quickly who the folders and tight players are, and put the heat on them... Finding spots to pick up chips without premium hands will be critical. Try and be the aggressor with fold equity whenever possible, and when you do pick up a premium hand, be willing to play a big pot with it, even on level 1 (yes the stacks are deep on level 1, 100 bb's, but as you review the structure you will see that won't last long).

-it's a $1 tourney with a quarter of a million dollar prize pool... Let's face it, there will be more non-folders than folders early on. If you think you've seen some bad play in the skill leagues, buckle your seat belt. The callers you should punish for value when you think you have the best hand, period. I would generally not concern myself much with pot control in this fast a structure, i would try to extract maximum value when ever i thought i had the best hand and would never be afraid to go for it with good equity.

-don't be afraid to bust out, even on hand #1. I guarantee you, whoever wins this event will have taken a great many chances along the way, and will have all the chips in with the worst of it multiple times. Being all in with the worst hand isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as you were making a good poker play (3b resteal shoving over a "folder", calling a loose openers shove with a hand that plays well against their range, etc). This is what i mean by trying to make intelligent gambles... You'll have to make many to run deep in this deal, the smarter you choose these spots the more of an edge you'll have over your weaker, less thinking opponents.

-if you think a spot is close, all else being equal, lean towards going with it. "waiting for a better spot" is for slower structures generally, in this thing that elusive "better spot" isn't likely to come before you're blinded off or completely crippled from the rapidly escalating blinds.

Gl pso'ers. Remember, you shouldn't be playing this to try and squeak into a $4 min-cash. First place is 50k. Although the structure is really fast and it will be a mine field, this tourney offers a tremendous value to the thinking player and at a bargain price... Take advantage of it.

Dave

Last edited by chuckkky; Sat Dec 03, 2011 at 11:05 PM..

Old
Sun Dec 04, 2011, 01:16 AM
(#11)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
I would like to take a couple minutes to thank Dave for this great advice post, I know I will be putting to good use, think mixing it up may be a good alternative for what I do, which is pretty tight, but still working on agressive, will have to be willing to open up, like the man says....sorry for the flash, but you have to admit it was funny...lol

Thx again for the advice

Lets see some PSOers kicking asses and taking out pros for the bounties. looking forward to some good reports, 1 being my own...lol

Old
Sun Dec 04, 2011, 01:25 AM
(#12)
Since: Apr 2011
good luck to all fellow PSO 'ers tomorrow.....beat em bust em gang.....catch you on the felt!!!!

CHEERS r0ck

Old
I'm In.....Lets go Deep !! - Sun Dec 04, 2011, 01:39 AM
(#13)
Since: Aug 2011
ChromeStar
I agree, I am looking forward to this tomorrow. Hoever, I have to attend to homework at the same time, so I need to be careful, but top 12000 seems doable. Patience grasshopper !!

See yo out there !! Good luck to everyone here, hope someone gets 50K !!!

Old
Sun Dec 04, 2011, 09:21 AM
(#14)
Good luck to all playing later. 200,000 players, I think we'll need a lot of it!!

Now, I'm just waiting for the posts from people complaining they didn't have time to register!!

DC.

Old
Sun Dec 04, 2011, 02:22 PM
(#15)
Since: Sep 2010
busted around 40,000ish, shoved my AJ into AQ. Good luck to all those still in

Old
Sun Dec 04, 2011, 02:26 PM
(#16)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
I might just make the top 200k #chipandachair

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com