Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Limit 2c4c. Flopped trips, lost on river

Old
Limit 2c4c. Flopped trips, lost on river - Mon Nov 07, 2011, 07:37 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
Had no real read on these two players other than they were both pretty loose and so could have had almost anything.. Part of me thinks I should have been more aggressive on the turn, although dunno if it would have made any difference. I was slightly scared of the straight, but considering the size of the pot thought it was worth calling.

Aletky mucked A4s by the way

Last edited by Tomcrockpot; Mon Nov 07, 2011 at 07:41 PM.. Reason: thoughts

Old
Mon Nov 07, 2011, 07:55 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Pre its allright to just call, you want whole table to call with ya.

OTF you simply jam "bet/raise" button and never let it go unless very bad things happen. Like that river, where you should just call, there is no value in betting, but folding is also out of the question

Old
Mon Nov 07, 2011, 09:40 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
This is basically .02/.02 FLHE in a nutshell. They call with almost anything pre-flop and if they hit any piece then they will call all the way to the river,come Hell or highwater.

I like your line pre here,just call and use pot control (if you can) and go for the set mine. I would have maxed the raises post flop myself,but that's mainly for value. You're pretty much never getting a player like foxeylady here to fold on the gutshot draw until they know they can't get there. Turn,again I'm leaning on the raise button for value.

When a scare card like that rivers and a player changes their gears as foxeylady did here (going from a pure calling station line to betting out all the way through after the 4 hit) then unless you have a specific read on them being willing to bluff,or semi-bluff the river with something that has weak showdown value but some at least,then I would tend to give them credit for the hand and just save some chips there. Hard to do I know but not spewing chips on the river when they make it this obvious can be a big factor in just how successful your sessions are. In this case without that specific read foxey's cards may as well be face up.

Old
Tue Nov 08, 2011, 01:43 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puciek View Post
Pre its allright to just call, you want whole table to call with ya.

OTF you simply jam "bet/raise" button and never let it go unless very bad things happen. Like that river, where you should just call, there is no value in betting, but folding is also out of the question
+1. Really straightforward accurate advice.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com