Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Should I of played it like this?

Old
Should I of played it like this? - Thu Nov 10, 2011, 08:47 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011

Facebook $0.10 game, all the player's in this hand were calling stations and fishes.

Old
Thu Nov 10, 2011, 09:11 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2011
you posted the hand twice

pre-flop was nice, post flop is dangerous, too many trips opportunities on the board... callers and fishies could have hit any trip set post flop before that straight even landed, its way too dangerous to put all-in for me

Old
Thu Nov 10, 2011, 09:31 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTiberxX View Post
you posted the hand twice
Not intentionally, though. For some reason it always does that.

Risky, yes, but given the lack of aggression from anyone else, couldn't put anyone on trips, and with a rainbow flop and no straight draw on the flop, I figured that there was a good enough chance to be on top, so I bet big to get them off any runner-runner and any possible set draws.

Old
Thu Nov 10, 2011, 10:25 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by havocofsmeg View Post
Not intentionally, though. For some reason it always does that.

Risky, yes, but given the lack of aggression from anyone else, couldn't put anyone on trips, and with a rainbow flop and no straight draw on the flop, I figured that there was a good enough chance to be on top, so I bet big to get them off any runner-runner and any possible set draws.
well you say they are fishes, this means that they often play too much hands and dont know how to play, maybe they dont know how to play trips? or they slowplayed you just for profits

Old
Thu Nov 10, 2011, 10:54 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
BronzeStar
Its a meaningless question. The hand played itself.
Granted, I would not have played 55 exactly that way, but that player did and sucked out on you.
I just lost with KK last night to 5c3c, when they called my raise and flopped a flush.
Just move on to the next hand. I dont see anything to learn from this one.

Old
Thu Nov 10, 2011, 12:37 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
if the opps were calling stations, while I like your preflop raise, when I saw the flop... I'd be kicking myself that I didn't push preflop.... because they very easily could have a 7 in their hand. Calling stations will call with ATC, so there is a better chance that one of them could be holding a 7.

There really was no way for you not to get your chips in.. and the opps made horrilble calls on every single play (except the 55 calling to see the flop, but then they should have folded to your flop bet).

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com