Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Is there a formula for points ?

Old
Is there a formula for points ? - Fri Nov 11, 2011, 04:23 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Hi, is there a formula to calculate the points in Premium Skill League?

Old
Fri Nov 11, 2011, 04:34 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2010
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...coring-Formula

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Fri Nov 11, 2011, 05:28 AM
(#3)
Thank you, so do I have to understand that the top 25% of the field will get the points?

Old
Fri Nov 11, 2011, 07:02 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...coring-Formula

This is the link as posted by Edinman.

It includes not only a detailed mathematical beak down of the scoring system (located at the very bottom of the post), but there is also a brief over view of how points are derived if you do not like dealing with finicky equations.

Old
Fri Nov 11, 2011, 07:55 AM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by idanmo View Post
Thank you, so do I have to understand that the top 25% of the field will get the points?

It depends quite a lot on your current league position going into a tournament. If you start about average, you will get +ve points in the top third. For example, the last tournament I played, starting 612th in the league, I finished 178th of 531 or at 33.52% of the field and got 0.22 points, so that is roughly the + points mark. I checked the first tournament of the month in October, (where everybody starts equal), and the points became positive at 32.84%.

However, the higher up in the league you are, the better you need to do to continue to get +ve points. At the very top end of the league, you will need to be around the 22%-25% to get +ve points.

Good luck

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Fri Nov 11, 2011, 04:35 PM
(#6)
Thank you guys, I hope to get the VPP this month to be possible to play next month in the League

Old
Thu Nov 17, 2011, 04:46 AM
(#7)
Since: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by idanmo View Post
Hi, is there a formula to calculate the points in Premium Skill League?

http://nitya.111mb.de/skill/

Use google chrome as your browser and it will auto translate

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com