Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Remembrance Day/Veterans Day

Old
Remembrance Day/Veterans Day - Fri Nov 11, 2011, 07:52 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
To our veterans and their families who have served and are serving, so that we and others can live in peace and prosperity - THANK YOU.

We remember.

Terry Kelly - A Pittance of Time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kX_3y3u5Uo

A. Lawrence Vaincourt - Just A Common Soldier (A Soldier Died Today) http://vaincourt.homestead.com/common_soldier.html

Old
Fri Nov 11, 2011, 08:02 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Lest We Forget.

Old
Fri Nov 11, 2011, 08:09 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
yes, thank you so much

Old
Fri Nov 11, 2011, 08:38 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckkky View Post
Lest We Forget.
Me and mine will NEVER forget!! We live about a mile fron the post office that had the anthrax scare after 9/11. Thnx so much to EVERY soldier and vet who afford us the luxuries we so often take for granted!!! Heros all in my book! MT

Old
Fri Nov 11, 2011, 08:49 AM
(#5)

Old
Thank you, Veterans. - Fri Nov 11, 2011, 09:18 AM
(#6)
Ol Mud
(Mudcreek)
I am a veteran and an employee of the Veterans Health Administration. I work in a veterans medical center in my home town. It is my honor and privilege to be a part of this great organization. Every member of the Dept. of Veteran's Affairs is dedicated to the care and well being of our nations veterans. I feel like one of the lucky ones because I can once again be of service to my country while being of service to my fellow veterans.

To our vets here at stars, thank you for your service and dedication to the security of our country.

Thanks to all of you that have posted here. I am sure that your gratitude is well received. I have seen first hand how much a kind word means to our vets.

"To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan"- Abraham Lincoln

The DVA has prepared a video for this Veteran's Day.

http://www.va.gov/opa/vetsday/

Ol Mud

Last edited by Ol Mud; Fri Nov 11, 2011 at 10:01 AM..

Old
11/11/2011 - Fri Nov 11, 2011, 11:06 AM
(#7)
Deleted user
Attached is Wilfred Owen tribute completed in the village of Ors.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15659821

Poignant day as ever remembering family and all those injured or killed.

Old
Fri Nov 11, 2011, 04:42 PM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
Thanks to all the veterans out there and may they be honored the other 364 days a year AT LEAST as much as they are today. The deserve our gratitude and whatever assistance they may need every day.

Old
Fri Nov 11, 2011, 05:53 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2010
Never forget freedoms not free. Today, RIGHT NOW there are those being shot at defending the freedoms we take for granted. To all vets past and present THANK YOU.

Old
Fri Nov 11, 2011, 06:59 PM
(#10)
From WW1 and written on the battlefield by a Major John McRae. (It's why Canucks wear the poppy on 11/11. We remember.)

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

Old
Fri Nov 11, 2011, 10:48 PM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Thanks to all the veterans out there and may they be honored the other 364 days a year AT LEAST as much as they are today. The deserve our gratitude and whatever assistance they may need every day.
+1 million

Old
tribute with song from we were soldiers - Mon Nov 14, 2011, 07:43 PM
(#12)
Since: Nov 2010
http://youtu.be/yq3qiCK_GJ8
very sad song indeed, from ending scene of movie we were soldiers

Last edited by mafikizolo; Mon Nov 14, 2011 at 07:46 PM..

Old
we were soldiers tribute song. - Mon Nov 14, 2011, 07:44 PM
(#13)
Since: Nov 2010
http://youtu.be/yq3qiCK_GJ8

Old
Tue Nov 15, 2011, 05:49 PM
(#14)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Mud, thank you for your service, and for sharing your story. That along with the videos, the artwork, the poetry that everybody else posted was the reminder I needed to see to remember why it is we need to take that moment every year in the very least to pay tribute.

I signed up for that 10th Anniversary reload bonus - you get $10 back from PokerStars for earning 10VPP's in 10 days, which is taking like nothing on my part to earn ... so I'm gonna just hand it over to the Veterans wing of my local hospital.

Thank you to all the troops for your service.

PS Moxie, JWK - well said!!

Last edited by TrustySam; Tue Nov 15, 2011 at 05:55 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com