Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Both leagues

Old
Both leagues - Fri Nov 11, 2011, 01:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
Sorry but i was just wondering if i can play both leagues the open and premier leagues cause im doing pretty good im in top 500 of the open league yay!!!!! and if im not wrong i will get a ticket for the premier league if i stay in top 500 so what i wanted to know is can i play in both leagues? cause i cant i may not play in the premier cause i feel i may not be good enough to play in the premier league due to so many bad palyer in the open league busting so soon is probobly why im in top 300 thank you

Old
Fri Nov 11, 2011, 02:16 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Once you qualify for the Premier League you can still play in the Open League but you will not receive points on the leaderboard and do no qualify for Open League payouts at the end of the month.
Concentrate on the Premier League, and use the open league to try new techniques or strategy for game play.

Good Luck in your quest.

Old
Fri Nov 11, 2011, 02:40 PM
(#3)
oh no way then that means i need to drop back this month cause dont have over 20 vpp nd if i qualify for the premier i wont be able to to be eligable for any prize in any league cuase im not ready to deposit some cash and loose it tryna get over 20vpp thanks for the help

Old
Fri Nov 11, 2011, 02:47 PM
(#4)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerabise View Post
oh no way then that means i need to drop back this month cause dont have over 20 vpp nd if i qualify for the premier i wont be able to to be eligable for any prize in any league cuase im not ready to deposit some cash and loose it tryna get over 20vpp thanks for the help

You are all good then. Just be sure to NOT accumulate your 20vpp's. Then you will not be eligible for the Premier League. From there, you can stay in the Open League.

However, I think you should move up to the Prem though... better play=more learning..

Dale

Last edited by dale442; Fri Nov 11, 2011 at 02:51 PM..

Old
Fri Nov 11, 2011, 02:56 PM
(#5)
so are you saying that as long as i dont get my 20 vpp i will not qualify for the premier league even if im in the top 500? and yeah i willbe heading to the premier league soon i am planning on earning my 20 vpp next month

Old
Fri Nov 11, 2011, 03:23 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
so are you saying that as long as i dont get my 20 vpp i will not qualify for the premier league even if im in the top 500?
That's correct, it's on the rules page for the leagues HERE

Quote:
* Players are required to have earned at least 20 VPP's during the month in order to be eligible for the next month's Premier League

Old
Fri Nov 11, 2011, 03:44 PM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
so are you saying that as long as i dont get my 20 vpp i will not qualify for the premier league even if im in the top 500? and yeah i willbe heading to the premier league soon i am planning on earning my 20 vpp next month
You should check out all the league rules in detail before you decide your strategy. Note that the 20+VPPs is also required for the prize boost in the Open League, (and 150+VPPs is required for the higher prizes in the Premier League).

If you fail to make the 20VPPs, the Open League prizes range from $0.50 to $2.00 outside the top 20.

The Premier League prizes are $2.00 for places 80-500 for 20VPPs+ but under 150VPPs

If your long term aim is to play in the Premier League regularly, you will need to earn at least 20+VPPs each month and ideally 150+VPPs for the larger prizes.

I see no value in remaining in the Open League for another month by means of not collecting 20+VPPs, (unless that really is impossible due to no funds at all to play cash games to earn VPPs). Your potential prize will be so small next month unless you actually make a very top place it will not be good value. If you can make the 20+VPPs and do remain in the Open you will have potential for a decent prize next month on your way to promotion. If you make 20+VPPs this month and get promoted, you will have a chance of the smaller prizes in the Premier next month At some point you will need to be looking to get the 150+VPP.

Some players only play the Open, and when they get promoted sit out the Premier the following month to get automatically relegated back to the Open, where they can win bigger prizes alternate months for only 20+VPPs

You just need to decide what is best for you this month and in the medium term.

Good luck

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Fri Nov 11, 2011, 04:16 PM
(#8)
Well thanks for all the info. What i think i am going to do is take it slow try and get in a top place in the open league minor prize this month. Hopefully i get pretty high spot cause i am playing every day and i barely never minus in points if i do its minus 1 point and then next month i will make a small deposit and earn my 20 vpp and stay under 500 in the open league so i dont advance. Then for jan hopefully i wil have my 20 vpp and go hard in the open league for a major prize well i earn another 20 vpp so i can hop into the premier league for feb and hopfully by then my skill will also had increased so i stand a chance in the premier league. Thanks for all your help I love this forum you guys are all so helpfull

Old
Fri Nov 11, 2011, 09:44 PM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
** Moved **

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com