Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Times for the Premier Skill League

Old
Times for the Premier Skill League - Sat Nov 12, 2011, 09:41 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
Could a PSO Staff Member answer this question Please.

The premier skill league surely hasnt taken off like i think you wanted it to. It isnt difficult to notice the problem. The times that are at 09:00 & 15:00 average about 500 people but the 03:00 & 21:00 only average 200 people.

Is it possible to change those times to see if there are other times that are more feasible and will draw more people?

Obviously the people in those time Zones dont care for the Premier Skill League so put the times in areas where people Enjoy the Premier League. I think alot of people would agree.

Another option is to add one or two more times daily?

Thank you

Old
Sat Nov 12, 2011, 11:15 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
** Moved **

Old
Sat Nov 12, 2011, 04:40 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
I think some people just have lives. Even if they change some times I dont think people can play ever game specialy if they have kids. I could be wrong witch i usually am. lol

Old
Sat Nov 12, 2011, 04:48 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJDeuce View Post

The premier skill league surely hasnt taken off like i think you wanted it to. It isnt difficult to notice the problem. The times that are at 09:00 & 15:00 average about 500 people but the 03:00 & 21:00 only average 200 people.

Is it possible to change those times to see if there are other times that are more feasible and will draw more people?

Obviously the people in those time Zones dont care for the Premier Skill League so put the times in areas where people Enjoy the Premier League. I think alot of people would agree.

Thank you

The premier league has done very well so far. It has only 1500 max qualifiers, maybe 1350-1400 serious players that want to play. 4 tourneys a day, I would say 200-500+ players per touney is good. The premier league does not have to 'attract' players, as it is a fixed, limited pool. It is much more about quality than quantity.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Question
Sat Nov 12, 2011, 05:50 PM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2011
actually it's been a BIG question of mine.... How DO some of u manage to play EVERY tourney????
I tried it for three days and it wiped me out..... no sleep, sangys for food and no life....hmmmm something i read once about Denmark and smells ....some Shakespeare guy.....

any how I agree with edinfreeman time s are fine quality over quantity and 200-500 per tourney is a good slice of a 1500 group of starters..... the idea of SCHOOL is to learn and I must thank all of you who have given your time and effort here in the blogs , at the tables ,and the the trainers to.....it's sure helped my game.... at least now i can recognize what i'm doing wrong lol....

Old
Sat Nov 12, 2011, 06:17 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:

Thank you
Questions like these need to be addressed to support@pokerschoolonline.com where they will be forwarded to the proper person.

Old
Sat Nov 12, 2011, 06:34 PM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
The premier league has done very well so far. It has only 1500 max qualifiers, maybe 1350-1400 serious players that want to play. 4 tourneys a day, I would say 200-500+ players per touney is good. The premier league does not have to 'attract' players, as it is a fixed, limited pool. It is much more about quality than quantity.

I know you like when there isnt that many people in the tourneys because you get a better chance at alot of money but people like me that cant play in the league because the times arent set for eastern north america except for 1 tournament but its impossible to win playing once a day but they are set just perfect for you though arent they.

You wouldnt say something like, yes the 03:00 & 21:00 only draw 200 people so i agree a change of times might give you MORE COMPETITION. People like you make me sick.

Old
Sat Nov 12, 2011, 06:59 PM
(#8)
man o' man to use me Irish heritage appropo..... I think some apology is in order here m8.....Ed has always maintained the highest of standards as far as I know both in his play and in his blogs .... I think you are out of line big time. You throw a blog up asking for opinions and when you don't like them you slag the writer????? I don't remember u being here for the june/ july psycho free for all or the much to everyone's chagrin the US shut down but hey i could be wrong.
What I do remember tho is Ed taking time out of his play to answer noob questions for a first timer. (not just me) and Ed answering blogs on peoples play and ed showing the good grace to say nice hand even tho he just got sucked out and....Ed being involved in the pso community!!!
Big apology in order here ...so show some class!!! make it public!!

Old
Sat Nov 12, 2011, 07:31 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ck.carver View Post
man o' man to use me Irish heritage appropo..... I think some apology is in order here m8.....Ed has always maintained the highest of standards as far as I know both in his play and in his blogs .... I think you are out of line big time. You throw a blog up asking for opinions and when you don't like them you slag the writer????? I don't remember u being here for the june/ july psycho free for all or the much to everyone's chagrin the US shut down but hey i could be wrong.
What I do remember tho is Ed taking time out of his play to answer noob questions for a first timer. (not just me) and Ed answering blogs on peoples play and ed showing the good grace to say nice hand even tho he just got sucked out and....Ed being involved in the pso community!!!
Big apology in order here ...so show some class!!! make it public!!
+infinity

@OP, the times were already changed once, the idea of spreading them equally over 24 hours is intended to give everyone an equal chance to play. The lower numbers in some tourneys may be due to the number of eligible people in any given time zone. The 21:00 tourney that you want to eliminate is the one i play the most, it would be very hard for me to participate at all if this time was gone. Peeps in western parts of North and South America would surely agree.

Pokerstars is global, they have to schedule to please peeps around the world. Try to cut them some slack, this is a free league after all.

Old
Sat Nov 12, 2011, 07:46 PM
(#10)
sorry joy missing something here ..... giving cj chiayte for the slag about ed... the times r fine with me ..... everyone takes a hit on em but the least of all evils so to speak... just feel Cj was way out of line with his comment

cheers r0ck

btw Edinfreeman lives in EDINBURGH so the time changes your asking for actually benefit him as far as a day sched goes

Last edited by r0ck.carver; Sat Nov 12, 2011 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: more info

Old
Sat Nov 12, 2011, 08:03 PM
(#11)
Quote:

I know you like when there isnt that many people in the tourneys because you get a better chance at alot of money but people like me that cant play in the league because the times arent set for eastern north america except for 1 tournament but its impossible to win playing once a day but they are set just perfect for you though arent they.

You wouldnt say something like, yes the 03:00 & 21:00 only draw 200 people so i agree a change of times might give you MORE COMPETITION. People like you make me sick.

The times suit me very well, I could easily play 3-4 tourneys a day, if I wake up early I can do the 7am, after my lunch I can do the 1pm, my regular game is the 7pm UK time, if I stay up late I can play the 1am.

It is not necessary to play so many games to do well, as it was in the old PSO or presumably still is in the Open.

I play as and when I can, I try to play well, I don't worry too much if I make a cods of it. I enjoy the competition and hope to improve my game.

It is not impossible to win playing 1 per day, it is very possible.

So good luck in your games, and try to find your edge, mine is possibly being old, and having a lot of time on my hands.

If you can't compete with an old git like me on those terms, good luck fading all these other good players,

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Sat Nov 12, 2011 at 08:45 PM..

Old
Sat Nov 12, 2011, 09:04 PM
(#12)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ck.carver View Post
sorry joy missing something here ..... giving cj chiayte for the slag about ed... the times r fine with me ..... everyone takes a hit on em but the least of all evils so to speak... just feel Cj was way out of line with his comment

cheers r0ck

btw Edinfreeman lives in EDINBURGH so the time changes your asking for actually benefit him as far as a day sched goes
The times are fine with me as well - I was just pointing out that they had already been changed once. Am I missing something else??

Old
Sun Nov 13, 2011, 02:02 AM
(#13)
Since: Sep 2010
CJ is right. The times are entirely unsuitable.

I have sent PSO my work pattern and all of my planned social engagements for the month of December. I trust they will schedule all PL tournaments around these requirements.

Old
Sun Nov 13, 2011, 02:19 AM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy7108 View Post
The times are fine with me as well - I was just pointing out that they had already been changed once. Am I missing something else??
nah its all my bad typical guy lol cheers n gl may all your pocket aces always stand up

Old
Sun Nov 13, 2011, 06:30 PM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
The times suit me very well, I could easily play 3-4 tourneys a day, if I wake up early I can do the 7am, after my lunch I can do the 1pm, my regular game is the 7pm UK time, if I stay up late I can play the 1am.

It is not necessary to play so many games to do well, as it was in the old PSO or presumably still is in the Open.

I play as and when I can, I try to play well, I don't worry too much if I make a cods of it. I enjoy the competition and hope to improve my game.

It is not impossible to win playing 1 per day, it is very possible.

So good luck in your games, and try to find your edge, mine is possibly being old, and having a lot of time on my hands.

If you can't compete with an old git like me on those terms, good luck fading all these other good players,

ed i know your a good player and well respected ,and you did say you can play most,i said from the get go one a day is not enough ,and its still not ,first two months i stayed up ,but having a bad day is ok you can make it up ,have a bad three days you can make up one a day no chance and now im back down in the open and getting fed up,i did this the first month and it was no fun and its no fun now ,next month i will use my last option and stop playing league,for an older player taking up poker later in life this is fun,i used to^post hands and get replies and learn ,there is no point anymore ,you can just manage to stay up on one a day ,but you have no chance of winning the league with one a day

ok if someone says you can ,PROVE IT ,with the numbers

Old
Sun Nov 13, 2011, 07:07 PM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLaws62 View Post
ed i know your a good player and well respected ,and you did say you can play most,i said from the get go one a day is not enough ,and its still not ,first two months i stayed up ,but having a bad day is ok you can make it up ,have a bad three days you can make up one a day no chance and now im back down in the open and getting fed up,i did this the first month and it was no fun and its no fun now ,next month i will use my last option and stop playing league,for an older player taking up poker later in life this is fun,i used to^post hands and get replies and learn ,there is no point anymore ,you can just manage to stay up on one a day ,but you have no chance of winning the league with one a day

ok if someone says you can ,PROVE IT ,with the numbers

I think you are right, in that 1 tourney a day is going to be the minimum to have a regular shot at the smaller prizes, but rarely enough to win a top prize. I would say though, that one per day and a couple extra here and there during the month are fine to at least have a go, for the top 500 and maybe the top 80 if you run good. That is not the case for the Open. We are still in fairly new territory as far as the Premier goes, I'm still collecting data, but so far I think 30-50 games a month has a chance of a prize, and 50-90 very good chance to get a really high spot.

Like in all poker, your % ITM and here %+ve points v % -ve points makes all the difference. But you seem to only need about +50 points to survive each month.

Good luck and hope you get back to premier soon.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com