Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Member of the Month Promotion discussion thread

Old
Member of the Month Promotion discussion thread - Mon Nov 14, 2011, 08:45 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
Howdy Folks,

Looks like a good promo, but l would like to put someone up for it, l don't think you should put yourself up for it, maybe because l don't meet the requirements ....hehe

But seriously, most of the peeps are American or work for the pso already, that l would put up, l'm going to have to read it again, maybe a few times...hehe

just my fast 2 cents

cheers

Last edited by TOO2COO; Mon Jan 02, 2012 at 07:47 PM.. Reason: Title Change

Old
Mon Nov 14, 2011, 09:39 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Sounds like a sweet deal! just remember if you win you will have a lot of work to do, either writing essays, or making videos.. ohh and playing some sweet tourneys!

Old
Mon Nov 14, 2011, 09:59 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
Sounds like a sweet deal! just remember if you win you will have a lot of work to do, either writing essays, or making videos.. ohh and playing some sweet tourneys!
Only if he wants to double is prize will he have a lot of work

Old
Mon Nov 14, 2011, 10:04 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
yes correct, but he/she would be silly to not want to double the prize

Old
Mon Nov 14, 2011, 10:33 AM
(#5)
Deleted user
So the PSO has gone on a promo to bribe members into participating in the league.
Bloggers get a reward and now we will have members copy and pasting articles like they wrote it to get a reward.

Going to be honest here,if your not on the pay roll or a mod,you really havent offered the forum anything worth getting a reward.Should add Americans as well.

Whats next points for responding to threads that turn into a form of rakeback at the end of the month?

Old
Mon Nov 14, 2011, 10:46 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
So the PSO has gone on a promo to bribe members into participating in the league.
Bloggers get a reward and now we will have members copy and pasting articles like they wrote it to get a reward.

Going to be honest here,if your not on the pay roll or a mod,you really havent offered the forum anything worth getting a reward.Should add Americans as well.

Whats next points for responding to threads that turn into a form of rakeback at the end of the month?
Meh I dont mind that so much, they are trying to promote the place, I hope people dont steal articles from others to try and win though, that could be a real nightmare lol

The first person I thought of as a player of the week type was Moxie Pip, but he isn't eligible

And I would think/ hope that employees, or anyone receiving anything from pso would not be eligible... that would really open up a can of conspiracy theory's

I like the last point you had... I would be rich!!

Old
Mon Nov 14, 2011, 10:58 AM
(#7)
yep, mox and many others,

just don't want to forget a name, so many peeps that help, l think l will let others put them up

it's going to be interesting tho, but l still think it's a good promo

cheers

Old
Mon Nov 14, 2011, 11:06 AM
(#8)
Deleted user
Im not against the promo as much as how its going to define the forum in the long run.

We keep throwing money at a problem hoping something will get fixed with out thinking about the real issues.Most members dont even look at their email or the forum so you have lost them off the jump. The members you do attract will be looking for money and when the promo stops they are going to split and cause a disruption on their way out.

Players need to make videos to double the amount. Well thats going lose a lot of people due to computer restraints or lack of know how. The biggest ticket is a Omaha ticket again,how many players have been taught how to play Omaha here to the extent that they can beat it at this level?

Whatever I guess,good luck to those that win and its nice to see a PSO Admin post every 6 months.Keep up the good work!

Old
Mon Nov 14, 2011, 11:15 AM
(#9)
Deleted user
The video is for every event?
Curious as well to see how many members can play a full day with out punting their tourneys.

Doesnt say anything about not picking mods or trainers,in fact it doesnt say anything about who cant apply.

Nominations:

1.PSO Admin
2. PSO staff
3. the German PSO copy and paste dude
4. PSO Team(Just because I want to know who that is)

Old
Mon Nov 14, 2011, 11:36 AM
(#10)
Who is the "PokerSchool Community Coordinator"?

New position?

Old
Mon Nov 14, 2011, 11:40 AM
(#11)
**Moved**

Hey gang, this thread was moved to our PSO Support Center as it deals with questions about a PSO promotion.

Dan

Old
Mon Nov 14, 2011, 12:37 PM
(#12)
Since: Sep 2011
Hey everyone,

to answer your questions:
1.) PSO Staff members (including Mods, Trainers, Admins) are ineligible.
2.) In order to double your prize package you have two(!) different choices:
a) Write a full Blog Report on each of the 7 Tournaments you've played in, showing key hands and exit hands (min 100 words per tournament).
b) Create two 30 minute Session Videos of yourself playing in these events, showing your hole cards and vocally explaining your thought process.
So you don't have to record any videos if you lack of technical knowledge and you only have to record 2 out of 7 if you choose this option.
3.) Every community of the PokerStars Pokerschool network is managed by a community coordinator. The community coordinator for PSO is Christin. We will publish a whole staff overview shortly.

Enjoy PSO!
Christopher

Last edited by !!!111Dan; Mon Nov 14, 2011 at 01:15 PM..

Old
Mon Nov 14, 2011, 12:43 PM
(#13)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSOGefallener View Post
Hey everyone,

to answer your questions:
1.) PSO Staff members (including Mods, Trainers, Admins) are ineligible.
2.) In order to double your price package you have two(!) different choices:
a) Write a full Blog Report on each of the 7 Tournaments you've played in, showing key hands and exit hands (min 100 words per tournament).
b) Create two 30 minute Session Videos of yourself playing in these events, showing your hole cards and vocally explaining your thought process.
So you don't have to record any videos if you lack of technical knowlede and you only have to record 2 out of 7 if you choose this option.
3.) Every community of the PokerStars Pokerschool network is managed by a community coordinator. The community coordinator for PSO is Christin. We will publish a whole staff overview shortly.

Enjoy PSO!
Christopher

Is there any technical information on PSO on how to record session videos?

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Recording Game Sessions - Mon Nov 14, 2011, 02:54 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Please go to http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia3-1...FRNb7AodlgxLhQ and download the FREE TRIAL of Camtasia. It is a 30 day trial and should be enough time to record your submission video. There is also a suite of small tutorials available to you as well. It is fairly simple to use. Hope this helps.

Old
Mon Nov 14, 2011, 03:01 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Hedgehog has got to respond. Even if I'm an ineligible American, some things need saying.

Quote:
Hardly call it a bribe. I'm thinking most of the players involved already have a blog via PokerStars. Copying isn't a help since everything has a time stamp. Sure, you could alter the wording, but that would be too much trouble to most members.

Quote:
I'll disagree here. I can think of several members that have gone above and beyond. Not sure which would be considered eligible, but that isn't the issue. There are people that deserve recognition and this is a nice way of doing it.

Would love to see Americans considered, but we need to wait for the fellow wearing the black robe to make a decision. (Seven months, and counting. Yet to get past the charges.)

Quote:
We keep throwing money at a problem hoping something will get fixed with out thinking about the real issues.Most members dont even look at their email or the forum so you have lost them off the jump. The members you do attract will be looking for money and when the promo stops they are going to split and cause a disruption on their way out.
I'm going to put the ball in your court. What should be done? Members are already notified twice whenever there is a message. If they are not members of the forum, they are not eligible.

Should our site get inundated with members during the promotion, no harm done. Think of your experiences on a new forum: a flury of messages and responses to threads followed by a gradual decline until you leave. Only those with the desire to contribute will remain, which is the PSO's intention. Been on many a forum and that is the usual pattern. Heavy load during a promotion followed by the disappearance of those who realize membership involves work.

Finally, I thought it nice offering so many events as a package. I'm thinking many here would be honored receiving their choice of just one of the tickets. Heck, I learned Omaha by dealing it. Now I use the play money games to learn playing. We might not have lessons yet, but if that particular game generates enough interest, that could be the next thing offered.

Old
Mon Nov 14, 2011, 03:35 PM
(#16)
If your lucky enough to win the prize on offer do you have to play all the tournaments on one day?

I read that to double your prize you have four weeks to play the tournaments and write your blog, so not many Saturdays to play all of the tournaments.

The Saturday Micro lasts around eleven hours , so could be along day.

Old
Mon Nov 14, 2011, 05:04 PM
(#17)
Deleted user
Cairn you are not getting my point and I should have been more clear when I mentioned copy and paste and blogging. They have a promo for a select few members that they are testing that rewards members for blogging and joining live training at the end of completion they receive $10 or something like that. I hated the fact that this was going to make live training worse and I would be reading 20 more Cowboy challenges.
So when they add this promo with that one it is clear they are bribing members to take part in a dying forum. They do not realize that they strangle it with the not being vocal in our community or being available for answers. Add to that they have mods enforcing rules that should be given some slack(ie. links to interesting topics and music from youtube).

If a community needs to be bought off to encourage it to function,then you have a issue that needs looking at and they have shown that they rather keep plugging along ignoring the issue.

My copy and paste comment was not about blogs but people taking articles from other forums and passing it as their own. Ive seen it a few times and ignore it,but it will be a problem once this promo gets rolling.New members will have to stand on their heads to beat a person that runs in the right circle.

As for my comment about contribution I feel that those that do add to the forum are under managements hand for the most part. Sure we have maybe a handful of members that add to the forum but for the most part it lacks depth. Thats why I added the American players because you eliminate them and it becomes more evident that players are not getting involved in open dialogue.

As for the promo I think they should have made the Omaha a lower buyin and given NL a stronger platform. To make Omaha the main buyin is just another example of feeding the fish to the sharks.
Are we here as a feeding ground or we actually going to improve players.
I have watched a few pro videos and the lack of effort put in to them is disgusting.
If they want to teach me how to use the lobby or positions at the table they shouldnt be doing it at a buyin beyond every ones reach. I watch a $100 buyin I want to learn at that level,so it turns off those that are advancing in play and the newer player. Its like they throw enough at the screen something might stick and that is a horrible way to manage this league.

Your making me rant Cairn,I just think they should have a sounding board of actual members to see if the promotions fit. Even a illusion of listening to the members would improve things.

I find communication is slowed to a trickle if you do not agree with them,but if you are praising them you get a message back within 5 -30 minutes. So what kind of message does that send out!

I got a message from PSO team and I have no idea who that is! Its like a new position is created every time a issue rises to the top and you know its the same people ignoring your issues.

I will say this and it makes me sound nuts and no one is going to argue this but I have seen some scary things happening lately that get glossed over.

We lost pm status for how many days and the reply was "Oh some one was spamming Poserstrategy through pm to get bonuses. Ok,then why was it that those that where contacted where all through email? How can that be? My email is not shown to any one but the PSO database..So where they hacked? I asked this a few times and no one cares,not even other members which is sad.

Lets start with that and see where things go...

Old
Mon Nov 14, 2011, 05:30 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Some valid points, I didnt realize that omaha was even on the list of games... virtually nobody here knows that game well enough to survive a high buyin game like that..

Overall I still think this is a good step forward, it might have some warts on it, but it moving in the right direction

Old
Nominations - Mon Nov 14, 2011, 06:44 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Is everyone else as confused as I am or am I just being thick ?

Do you have to be nominated for this award (and if so who do you send nominations to ?) or do you put yourself forward ?

I have a nomination in mind but don't know what to do with it.

Old
Mon Nov 14, 2011, 06:58 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
you have to apply

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com