Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Satellites with great odds

Old
Satellites with great odds - Wed Nov 16, 2011, 11:55 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
For those of you with FPP's, I found these satellites to have great odds and they are part of the 10th anniversary

There's the 10 FPP buy-in with a 20 tickets guarantee to the Giveaway Finals with small cash for the top 10. The later you play, the least amount of people are registered. The one I played had 124 players and finished 10th. So the odds on this tournament was 1:6 (earlier in the day there's about 250 players, odds not as good)

There's the 25 FPP buy-in to the 215 FPP tournament (mega path tournament) . The odds in this one are 1:9 Lots of players in these satellites have lots of FPP's and play aggressive, so patience is the key here. Finished 1st, but since I was already registered, my account was credited with 215 FPP's

There's the 50 FPP buy-in, also for the 215 FPP tournament. The odds in this one is much better at 1:5. Finished 1st, but since I was already registered, my account was credited with 215 FPP's

Also, if you can, reload depositors get a ticket for the Giveaway Final

I already have 3 Giveaway Final tickets (4 will be the max, as I can't play the 6 am ones). I'm also registered for the 215 FPP and have won twice 215 FPP's since I can only be registered once for this weekend's tournament. (easy way of accumulating FPP's)

Now of course, the Giveaway tournaments don't have great odds, but you never know.....

Enjoy

Old
Wed Nov 16, 2011, 12:11 PM
(#2)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Great catch Trap!
Anytime you can find a tourney like that with less opps in it and a given number of tickets given out, take full advantage of it.

I found a couple of situations like that in the past for sattying into larger tourneys (scoop, the old sunday 1/4 mil). When you see that type of situation, take advantage of it

Old
Wed Nov 16, 2011, 04:18 PM
(#3)
Here's another I just tried and finished 1st

A $5.00/$0.50 USD satellite buy-in for the $33 Saturday Speedway tournament. Only 19 players and the odds are 1:9 (only 2 got a ticket, but 3 players got $9)

Here's a hint and maybe Langolier could comment
I try (not always) to join 4-5 minutes late, as the odds are even better. For example, when I joined this tournament, I was in the middle of the pack with already 5 players out which gave me odds of 1:7 (for the tickets) and since we didn't reach 20 players, the odds of making money was 1:3 (2 tickets and 3 x $9)

Hope this make sense
Will try to look for more

Old
Wed Nov 16, 2011, 04:59 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2011
The Saturday Eliminator Sat: $5.40 Turbo Knockout [1 Seat Gtd] is also good. The Buy-In is $4+$1+$0.40. Making a couple of KOs along the way, helps to reduce initial buy-in. If u win a ticket, u get ur own bounty back as well. Great bang for the buck, as long as u can make some KOs. Field size preference would be, min, 48 players, makes 7 tickets wid $3 consolation for 8th place.

Old
Wed Nov 16, 2011, 05:22 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Trap, if they allow 10 min late registration... I'm getting in at about the 8 min mark... just incase there's lag in the system, I don't want to be locked out.
You're absolutely 100% correct... especially in this situation, it gives you much better odds by registerring as late as possible.

Old
Wed Nov 16, 2011, 09:23 PM
(#6)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
Here's a hint and maybe Langolier could comment
I try (not always) to join 4-5 minutes late, as the odds are even better. For example, when I joined this tournament, I was in the middle of the pack with already 5 players out which gave me odds of 1:7 (for the tickets) and since we didn't reach 20 players, the odds of making money was 1:3 (2 tickets and 3 x $9)
idk, if you join at the start, when 5 players out your odds are still 1:7 at that point, but you may have also accumulated some chips. I mean the quick bust outs are sometimes big hands getting cracked, but more often than not they are weak players punting their stacks. You can't get their chips if you're not registered yet. If it doesn't materialize and you lose a couple blinds on level 1, no big deal. If you get a great situation to accumulate chips early or double your stack, there's a lot of value in that... I usually don't like to miss it. That's my philosophy anyway.

Old
Thumbs up
Wed Nov 16, 2011, 10:27 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
idk, if you join at the start, when 5 players out your odds are still 1:7 at that point, but you may have also accumulated some chips. I mean the quick bust outs are sometimes big hands getting cracked, but more often than not they are weak players punting their stacks. You can't get their chips if you're not registered yet. If it doesn't materialize and you lose a couple blinds on level 1, no big deal. If you get a great situation to accumulate chips early or double your stack, there's a lot of value in that... I usually don't like to miss it. That's my philosophy anyway.
+ lots, I dont like to give anyone a chance to get ahead of me, and I want a chance at those loose players. I've also found that the $.10 sattys are pretty good lately, I picked up a ticket to the weekly final the other day in a $.10 satty.

I've noticed in the last week that a lot of the bingo players seem to have given up on these sattys, but they still reward ABC style poker. There's not a lot of bluffing going on, so you better have the goods. The T-$ come in very handy too, I won a ticket to the Dec. 18 Sunday Million Satty, (1,000 tickets to 10th Anniversary Sunday Million), and I've been cashing in the T-$ ever since. Nice supplement to anyone's BR.

Old
Fri Dec 16, 2011, 01:10 PM
(#8)
Last chance for the Sunday 10 million

If you have 50 FPP's why not take advantage of the great odds to the next satellite. You have 1 in 4.3 chance to make it to the next one which has odds of 1 in 10, then finally the last satellite with odds of 1 in 6.3

Good luck

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com