Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Chat Violation

Old
Chat Violation - Wed Nov 16, 2011, 05:33 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2010
Can you tell me when you get a chat violation or chat ban why you cant call the mod in the same way to report it.I have a chat ban at the moment but after lots of abuse I sent an Email to chat support but as yet nothing the player is now playing on 2 tables and doing the same thing on that table.As soon as you win a hand you get a mouthfull of abuse.at least my ban was for the usual bad beats but this is over the top.
Think it is time to find another site it seems to be 1 rule for some and another rule for others.

Old
Wed Nov 16, 2011, 05:52 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
What you can do is to take the hand histories (with the chat in them) and send them to support, explaining what the person did, and they will look into it. Chat support will take the time to look into them and take the appropriate actions.

chat@pokerstars.com

Old
Wed Nov 16, 2011, 06:05 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
What you can do is to take the hand histories (with the chat in them) and send them to support, explaining what the person did, and they will look into it. Chat support will take the time to look into them and take the appropriate actions.

chat@pokerstars.com
But why can you not do it live as it happens and as it happened to me.When I lost it over a bad beat my chat was off in seconds.if the same option was available to me it would have stopped others at another table from getting the same vile person doing it to them.

Old
Wed Nov 16, 2011, 06:15 PM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2010
They must have cracked down on chat violations as I only got a warning about 9 months ago.
And I bet nobody would beat what I said to a player that called me a idiot.

Old
Wed Nov 16, 2011, 09:45 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
I think I'd take you to task chuckkky.

My last ban I was on the rail and got nailed after 2 seconds with a popup telling me to check me E-mail for chat policy violation.

I'm usually pretty mild at the tables,just don"t (#$! with me .

Old
Wed Nov 16, 2011, 10:41 PM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2011
i reported to a mod tonight ,and the best reply of all if you dont like what they are saying block there chat ,is there new rules ,

if your spanish you can call players ,idiots ,and this is alowable ,

Old
Wed Nov 16, 2011, 11:12 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
in an OSL tourney last night i called a mod 3 times because the same two players were talking in russian repeatedly, abusing other players etc.

What happened ? Nothing, they were still at it when i was moved tables.

Old
Thu Nov 17, 2011, 04:42 AM
(#8)
Since: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckkky View Post
They must have cracked down on chat violations as I only got a warning about 9 months ago.
And I bet nobody would beat what I said to a player that called me a idiot.

Wanna a bet ?

Old
Thu Nov 17, 2011, 04:46 AM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike8998 View Post
Wanna a bet ?

How much ?
I think i have deleted my warning email tho would love to see yours.

Old
Thu Nov 17, 2011, 06:46 AM
(#10)
Since: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckkky View Post
How much ?
I think i have deleted my warning email tho would love to see yours.

Banned on September 6th for a month
Banned on October 28th for another month

lol

Old
Thu Nov 17, 2011, 06:06 PM
(#11)
well got an email back from chat support.I gave the name toury No table no and got this back.

Hello *****,

Thank you for writing.

With the volume of emails we receive and the number of chat actions taken on a daily basis unless a chat comment is specific and concise, with complete details about exactly what and who it is we are to investigate we will not be able to respond accurately.

To issue a chat complaint against a player, please include in your complaint the user ID and a sample of the offensive chat, cut and pasted directly from the chat window into your Email.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,

PokerStars Chat Supervisor

The sad thing is the same person is on tonight again and still doing it so why even bother.
think how much time and emails they would save if their was a button at the side of call mod
chat box saying Chat violation so simple.You would not even need to chat to the mod just press the button instead everybody just wasted time sending and reading emails.

Last edited by Weeharry777; Thu Nov 17, 2011 at 06:09 PM..

Old
Fri Nov 18, 2011, 12:39 AM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brkn80 View Post
I think I'd take you to task chuckkky.

My last ban I was on the rail and got nailed after 2 seconds with a popup telling me to check me E-mail for chat policy violation.

I'm usually pretty mild at the tables,just don"t (#$! with me .
*Link removed. Please read our conditions of use!* royalraise85

Last edited by royalraise85; Fri Nov 18, 2011 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: Removal of Link

Old
chat violations - Sat Nov 26, 2011, 12:27 AM
(#13)
hello WeeHarry ,

From correspondence I have Had with support regarding this matter I was informed that each table moderator is able to use his/her own discretion when implementing chat bans . I have had numerous chat bans and it is more likely you will be banned if you have had previous infractions . My last ban was for a month after I retaliated to someone who had been abusing me for about an hour , calling me everything under the sun , I contacted the moderator several times and no action was taken . Eventually I lost it and retaliated ; instant ban .
While you are serving a chat ban you are unable to contact a table moderator during a session, that was when I decided to email chat support about this . I t was they who informed me that moderators have discretionary powers . For example , the one violation that really bugs me is those players who constantly ignore the chat English only at the tables . I am fluent in French , Italian , Spanish ,Portugese , Russian and can speak some Arabic , Pashtun and Urdu , and too many times I have witnessed players abusing others in languages other than English . When I pionted this out to support their response was that they give some leeway to players whose first language is not English .
The long and the short of it is that , by PokerStars own admission , there are no strict hard and fast rules governing chat . My advice : dont say anything .

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com