Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Whats up here am i way to loose

Old
Unhappy
Whats up here am i way to loose - Thu Nov 17, 2011, 05:04 PM
(#1)
m.bisland's Avatar
Since: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,260
BronzeStar
position......hnds.........VPIP...........
Button.........197...........26.40
1..................196...........22.45
2..................177...........29.94
3..................163...........31.90
4..................143...........21.80
5..................94.............21.28
6..................37.............27.03
BB...............190...........24.21
SB...............197...........46.70

This is all i can find atm until i dig deeper into history's. I would say i am playing a bit loose here especially when i am the SB.
 
Old
Default
Thu Nov 17, 2011, 05:12 PM
(#2)
JWK24's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,832
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
SB is way, way too loose. You're probably looking at it that you can see the flop cheap (1/2 blind).. that can be a big leak of chips.

seats 2&3 are also high. I'd look at those hands too.
 
Old
Default
Thu Nov 17, 2011, 05:16 PM
(#3)
m.bisland's Avatar
Since: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,260
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
SB is way, way too loose. You're probably looking at it that you can see the flop cheap (1/2 blind).. that can be a big leak of chips.

seats 2&3 are also high. I'd look at those hands too.
That is true that is what i am thinking when at the table. This will be on the list off improvements thanks.
 
Old
Default
Thu Nov 17, 2011, 05:22 PM
(#4)
JWK24's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,832
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
seats 2&3.. you may have just gotten cards in those seats, then again, you may be playing looser there. Looking back at the HH's will tell you for sure.

Take a look at Dave's video on position... it may help, if you haven't seen it.
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...raining-videos
 
Old
Default
Thu Nov 17, 2011, 05:24 PM
(#5)
m.bisland's Avatar
Since: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,260
BronzeStar
Thanks to grade b i got that video on pause right now
 
Old
Default
Thu Nov 17, 2011, 06:52 PM
(#6)
Grade b's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.bisland View Post
position......hnds.........VPIP...........
Button.........197...........26.40
1..................196...........22.45
2..................177...........29.94
3..................163...........31.90
4..................143...........21.80
5..................94.............21.28
6..................37.............27.03
BB...............190...........24.21
SB...............197...........46.70

This is all i can find atm until i dig deeper into history's. I would say i am playing a bit loose here especially when i am the SB.
As we have been chatting i know that these stats come from Sit and goes 45 man games in which case, they are very high for a starting player. 19Huno62 and TheLangolier do talk about how a LAG style can be profitable. But it may be easier to play Tight in the Micro stake 45 man tables.

Personally I would like to see those numbers come down below 20%.

The Button should be the highest and SB the lowest (still working on this my self.)

On the Plus side M its great to see you looking at your game and asking the questions of how to improve.

Way to go.


Grade b
 
Old
Default
Thu Nov 17, 2011, 07:15 PM
(#7)
m.bisland's Avatar
Since: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,260
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
As we have been chatting i know that these stats come from Sit and goes 45 man games in which case, they are very high for a starting player. 19Huno62 and TheLangolier do talk about how a LAG style can be profitable. But it may be easier to play Tight in the Micro stake 45 man tables.

Personally I would like to see those numbers come down below 20%.

The Button should be the highest and SB the lowest (still working on this my self.)

On the Plus side M its great to see you looking at your game and asking the questions of how to improve.

Way to go.


Grade b
Its a shame its took me 5+ years to learn more parts off the game i dont even pay attention to. In the last 2 weeks i have learned stuff just by reading other peoples posts and my own. The community here has been great and fast to answer.I also like the mixed views and different style off play from some people in other posts.
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com