Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Next Play??

Old
Next Play?? - Thu Nov 17, 2011, 05:25 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
This is the third hand in a Sunday Million satellite 10 FPP, so no reads. Result of the hand will follow later.

Old
Thu Nov 17, 2011, 05:36 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
When your raise gets re-raised and called and 1 more to act after you... it makes it a shove/fold situation in my eyes. You also know that someone will be calling it with at least one A.

Personally, I'd try shoving, but that's taking a BIG chance.

Old
Thu Nov 17, 2011, 05:54 PM
(#3)
Since the odds of winning is 1:21 and that lots of players are very aggressive for only 10FPP's, I'm willing to go all in. If I win I get a good chip lead or if I lose, I start another game.

GL Joy

Old
Thu Nov 17, 2011, 06:13 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
When your raise gets re-raised and called and 1 more to act after you... it makes it a shove/fold situation in my eyes. You also know that someone will be calling it with at least one A.

Personally, I'd try shoving, but that's taking a BIG chance.
Agree with all but the last sentence.

It is taking a chance, but versus the early time players of a free roll, I'd say roughly 99%+ of the time you are well ahead. If at least 2 of these players have an Ace, your chances of getting sucked out on go way down too.

That doesn't mean sometimes someone will NOT have AA, but the times no one does you make a HUGE chip up, and you can then "absorb" later suck outs a lot easier on that stack.

Old
Thu Nov 17, 2011, 06:24 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
standard shove in my book, maybe see AA probably JJ, AK QQor even the fav J10 sooted

Old
Thu Nov 17, 2011, 08:21 PM
(#6)
For me thats an all in. the fact its a saterilitte for 10fpp makes me happier about it too. If he has AA then NH sir and on to the next table.

Grade b

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com