Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Member Blogs / Member of the Month /

Another application

Old
Another application - Fri Nov 18, 2011, 02:33 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi all,

I'm also applying for member of the week

I started playing in early 2009 on Zinga poker on facebook (didn't know better...LOL). I then got interested but needed to learn the basics, so went to the nearest book store and bought a book on poker. I then continued to play on that site by applying what I had learned and accumulated millions of dollars (woohoo)

Like most people, I was ready for the big jump........ real money. Nope I didn't invest $20 on an online site, I took the high road. I went to Vegas to play in the $1,000 Seniors WSOP. For a first real money and live tournament, it turned out to be a successful journey, finishing 96th out of 2,701. I then came home and joined an online site which was sponsoring the WSOP and deposited $50. I played a first tournament of $20 and finished first for >$2,700 and the next day I finished 7th in another $20 for >$650. From this point on, I thought I was good............... LOL.

Then came the wake up call, after losing thousands (yes I did) I opened an account with PokerStars and then joined the Poker School Online in June 2010. This is where I learned about patience, position and bankroll management. After winning $30 in the first month, I've accumulated my winnings since. I play NLHoldem 99% of the time .

I'm still in the learning process, the videos, the live trainings, the books and continuous practicing do make me a better player. Lately I've been reviewing my hands to see what I did wrong and have noticed that even the winning hands have faults......

Being an active contributor to this forum is not easy, as I often get to involve in some threads (no books or videos to learn from on this subject ) The T.I.C. Club and the Drunk Tanks are 2 of my favorite hang out places to relax (thanks Eff)

So what have I learned to date:
- Patience, patience and patience
- Winning a big tournament doesn't mean you know how to play
- Variance can really hurt and so can tilt
- Luck is also a huge factor and not only for you
- Learning is an ongoing task
- And the most important is bankroll management

Well that's it for now

Blog:
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=19775

Forum post:
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...ith-great-odds

Media Link:
http://www.facebook.com/sandtrap777?sk=wall

Some other posts: Cash table bankroll management, 50/50's

Last edited by Sandtrap777; Fri Dec 16, 2011 at 12:28 PM..

Old
Fri Nov 18, 2011, 07:08 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Missing Items in Application:

- No Social Media Site links
(Note: Social Media self-promotion should link back to your blog and forum posts, not your application post.)

Please provide the missing items to complete your application post.

Thank You.

(no reply to whether applying for wk 4)

Last edited by JDean; Sun Dec 11, 2011 at 01:44 PM..

Old
Fri Nov 18, 2011, 08:28 PM
(#3)
Social Media added

Old
Fri Nov 18, 2011, 08:55 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
sorry Sandtrap, please link to your FB PROFILE.

So we can see the back links to PSO.

That link takes me to my Wall page.

Sorry I was un-clear.

Old
Fri Nov 18, 2011, 09:20 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post
sorry Sandtrap, please link to your FB PROFILE.

So we can see the back links to PSO.
That link takes me to my Wall page.
Sorry I was un-clear.
OK I need help
How am I suppose to do this?

Old
Fri Nov 18, 2011, 09:22 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
I think this can help you Sand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKICK View Post
Go to "Facebook.com" and sign in to your account.

Click the "Profile" link on the top menu bar.

Go to the left column and click the "Wall" tab. The URL in the address bar will change showing a new link with a "?sk=wall" suffix. Highlight and copy the URL.

Go the forum and sign in to your account. Create a new post or reply to an existing one.

Paste your Facebook URL into the body text area. Some forum platforms require you start and end links with a special tag. Other message boards turn "http" links into clickable links automatically.

Type a message about your link and give one or more reasons to the forum members why they should visit your Facebook wall.

Click the "Submit" or "Post" button. Your Facebook wall link is now posted in a forum message.

Old
Fri Nov 18, 2011, 09:28 PM
(#7)
Thx Dan
Hope it worked

Old
Fri Nov 18, 2011, 09:31 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
Your welcome.

They'll let you know if it didn't.

Old
Fri Nov 18, 2011, 09:58 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Worked perfectly!

Old
Fri Nov 18, 2011, 10:00 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
OK I need help
How am I suppose to do this?

I hope it worked for you. I had the same problem.

Grade b

Old
Tue Nov 22, 2011, 09:52 AM
(#11)
I'm replying for week #2
Pick me, pick me

Old
Tue Nov 22, 2011, 10:29 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Remember Sandtrap, the more views you get, he better your score will be.

So try to keep the PSO links this week at the top of your face book page!

Old
Tue Nov 22, 2011, 08:39 PM
(#13)
OK I'm a dumbazz. Don't want to clutter up eff's congratulatory thread anymore than I already did but just noticed that something I said in there I was remiss in not mentioning Trap as being as viable a candidate as anyone here. And that would hold even if the US players were eligible.

If eff was first week I think Trap would be a great choice for next representative.

Old
Thumbs up
Good luck Sand! - Tue Nov 22, 2011, 08:52 PM
(#14)
I hope you win it next week!....

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 12:16 AM
(#15)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post
Remember Sandtrap, the more views you get, he better your score will be.

So try to keep the PSO links this week at the top of your face book page!
Flawed system right there. Might at well write a list of Drunk tank members so we all know whos blog to blow up each week.Absolutely ridiculous that PSO thinks this is a great way to help the forum.

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 05:35 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Flawed system right there. Might at well write a list of Drunk tank members so we all know whos blog to blow up each week.Absolutely ridiculous that PSO thinks this is a great way to help the forum.
How is it flawed?

The idea behind the promotion is to drive traffic into the forums, and also to increase forum traffic. If Face Book and Twitter links to forum posts and blogs result in more traffic, that is a good thing. Some of those people will stay, some will pop in and move on; that is the nature of forums. In return for their efforts in helping with this goal, members are given a chance to win a very lucrative package of Tournament tickets.

A system is in place to look at unique views, so there is no way to rig the scoring by multiple click thru's to "blow up" a blog post. So please accept that not all of your opinions may be based on valid information, especially if you are forming those opinions simply on assumptions.

Thank you.

Last edited by JDean; Wed Nov 23, 2011 at 05:37 PM..

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 05:37 PM
(#17)
Deleted user
I am not allowed to talk about this manner any more. I sense baiting to tell the truth.

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 05:18 PM
(#18)
If anybody is interested in preparing for 2012 goals
Check out my thread on how to prepare and how to track your goals
You'll also find an example on the type of goals to work on

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/forum/showthread.php?37499-Anybody-interested-in-a-poker-diet&p=311864#post311864

If you have any questions on how to proceed, just PM me

Good luck if you do participate

Old
Sun Nov 27, 2011, 05:13 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Some of us have posts numbering in the hundreds ( ) ... so it's easy for some of them to get buried pretty quickly on this site. But one that I still refer back to is one where Sandtrap (along with Moxie, Ron, Dennis) stopped by and tried to help me as I was struggling to try and put what we'd learned in PSO into practice at the Sit N Go tables. It was fascinating to hear how they were approaching their buy-in games with a profit mentality ... I'd just never seen anything about that on any of the poker sites I'd found on the internet, or the books I'd read ...

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...-Like-This-One (keep in mind, I'd been playing less than a year at that point peeps )

Maybe some of this organizational and planning stuff comes naturally to some people ... but for the rest of us, maybe they're skills that need to be learned? At least that's the way it's felt for me - and so I have a feeling my bankroll wouldn't be in nearly as decent a shape if not for PSO and all the help I've received along the way from its members

Good luck with MOTW!

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 10:36 PM
(#20)
I've always kind of "known" that when it came to BR management and some game decisions vis-a-vis ultimate goals within a game that was a valid approach Sam.

What really got me dead-center focused on that concept though was something Dave (Thelangolier) threw out in a post quite some time back about taking the approach of starting to grind up a BR as being akin to starting a small business. That really hit home for me.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com