Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Member Blogs / Member of the Month /

Instructions on how to post your Facebook Links.

Old
Instructions on how to post your Facebook Links. - Fri Nov 18, 2011, 09:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Part of this promotion is that you promote your own blog and forum posts via Social Media.

Here are instructions on how to do that:

Go to "Facebook.com" and sign in to your account.

Click the "Profile" link on the top menu bar.

Go to the left column and click the "Wall" tab. The URL in the address bar will change showing a new link with a "?sk=wall" suffix. Highlight and copy the URL.

Go the forum and sign in to your account. Create a new post or reply to an existing one.

Paste your Facebook URL into the body text area. Some forum platforms require you start and end links with a special tag. Other message boards turn "http" links into clickable links automatically.

Type a message about your link and give one or more reasons to the forum members why they should visit your Facebook wall.

Click the "Submit" or "Post" button. Your Facebook wall link is now posted in a forum message.

(Thank you to TexasKick for the info)

-JDean

Old
Thumbs up
Thankyou - Sat Nov 19, 2011, 04:38 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Texaskick,,,, I would never had known,,,,what to do ,,,,, besides chase my tail on this one!.....

Old
Sat Nov 19, 2011, 04:42 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
You can also make a twitter profile if you'd like to keep your private life a little more private.... Too bad http://twitter.com/emoticat is already taken.

Old
Sat Nov 19, 2011, 04:54 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I like the twitter idea better, way less intrusive than FB

Old
Thumbs up
ok - Sat Nov 19, 2011, 05:30 PM
(#5)
Thanks guys,,

Old
Sat Nov 19, 2011, 05:35 PM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2010
How about us Bebo peeps?

Something similar - but I don't do facebook no more in case people I don't want to know track me down.

Ed (AKA the Jackal) from Edinburgh

Old
Thumbs up
Woo hoooooo - Sat Nov 19, 2011, 06:24 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrissinger View Post
You can also make a twitter profile if you'd like to keep your private life a little more private.... Too bad http://twitter.com/emoticat is already taken.
Hey stick! At least gmanwicksy ,,,,,emoticat was available!!!
Tx for twitter idea
https://twitter.com/#!/gmanwicksy

Old
Sat Nov 19, 2011, 06:51 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Oh noes. Are you going to change you PStars avatar to that picture? I'm gonna need a bigger stick.

Old
Thumbs up
Sat Nov 19, 2011, 07:00 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrissinger View Post
Oh noes. Are you going to change you PStars avatar to that picture? I'm gonna need a bigger stick.
What do you think,,, gremlin cat or shark cat pic?,,,, Rumour was before that I was a sexy chick,,,,, and peeps in Windsor were sadly let down!

Last edited by gmanwicksy; Sat Nov 19, 2011 at 07:11 PM.. Reason: Holy cow ,,,, I have a follower already!!!!

Old
Sat Nov 19, 2011, 09:42 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanwicksy View Post
What do you think,,, gremlin cat or shark cat pic?,,,, Rumour was before that I was a sexy chick,,,,, and peeps in Windsor were sadly let down!
Oh yeah, I should warn you. If you mention the word "poker" in any tweets, you'll prolly get a bunch of SPAM bots following you. Be VERY careful when clicking any links they send you. By "careful," I pretty much mean "don't."

I say stick(haha, I said "stick") with what you have. There is a certain mentality out there that tends to base decisions on avatars. I remember we had a thread about this a long time ago. As you've already said, people thought you were a hot chick. Without even using a girl picture as an avatar... That's going to help you.

As for myself, I assume anyone using The Joker or an Insane Clown Posse picture as their avatar needs to have all of their chips taken by me, personally. A habit I need to break. Except the ICP people, I'll always need to destroy them.

I would also suggest following @PokerStars as they have a bunch of FPP contests that are pretty easy to win. That's how I got my entry to the Turbo Takedown that I never got to use.

Old
Thumbs up
Tx - Sat Nov 19, 2011, 10:30 PM
(#11)
tx for the advice,,,,and I am followoing Pokerstars on twitter now 2!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com