Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

tips?

Old
Talking
tips? - Sat Nov 19, 2011, 05:13 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
anyone got any tips how to gain 95 VPP's in 10 days with only a $20 BR????? and i am not able to play everyday lol

Old
Sat Nov 19, 2011, 06:27 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
Was reading some of the other threads and from what I can figure out is that the PLO tables are the fastest way of achieving VPP's

Old
Sat Nov 19, 2011, 07:00 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2010
Yes - PLO8 cash tables are good - I used them to get my 750VPPs for the megamonth promo. I would advise you multitable and just fold away at the $0.01/0.02 cash tables unless you have the absolute nuts.

Personally I made a loss at these tables because I played too many hands. If I had been much tighter I think I would have still made a loss, but much smaller. (I lost about $37 getting my 750VPPs)

Last month playing these to to get my 150VPPs I lost $15.47, again playing too many hands, as I am still learning the game. If you are very tight on these tables I would say you could get 30VPPs a day easily for a few dollars in a couple of hours multitabling 4-6 tables. I would suggest to start if you want to try this take a $1.00 stack and fold away for an hour to prove to yourself how efficient this is.

If you see free flops in the BB and hit a big hand, by all means continue the hand, but be aware a nut flush is often not good enough to win at PLO8 high and the nut low A-5 often gets chopped, so even when you have a very good hand often good to pot control to the river and bet big there when you know you have an unbeatable high - (i.e. nut flush on an unpaired board or top full house on a paired board) and possibly part of the low if there is one.

I'm sure there is a live session in the video archives - I think it was Andy ahar010 that took that session.

Good luck

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Sat Nov 19, 2011, 08:42 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77wopke77 View Post
anyone got any tips how to gain 95 VPP's in 10 days with only a $20 BR????? and i am not able to play everyday lol

multi table LIMIT HOLDEM lowest stakes, see flops cheap, tightish on the later streets.

Old
Sat Nov 19, 2011, 12:13 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
Yes - PLO8 cash tables are good - I used them to get my 750VPPs for the megamonth promo. I would advise you multitable and just fold away at the $0.01/0.02 cash tables unless you have the absolute nuts.
5/10 cent PLO8 limit tables are a great way to accumulate vpp's. It's what I used to get my points for the league before black friday.

Old
Sat Nov 19, 2011, 01:00 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Also check the average pot size in the lobby. The higher, the better.

Old
Sat Nov 19, 2011, 01:07 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrissinger View Post
Also check the average pot size in the lobby. The higher, the better.
+1

Old
Sat Nov 19, 2011, 01:18 PM
(#8)
I still need about 80VPPs this month to get the 150 for the Premier League.

Weekends are good for PLO8 as there are generally more players & more tables. I am on 11 now at the $0.01/$0.02 level, just going to play tight for the next 3/4 hour before PSO then leave. I can multitable these more easily because most of my decisions are so simple - (fold!) - I will post my stats and VPPs earnt here later.

Old
Sat Nov 19, 2011, 01:59 PM
(#9)
Here are my stats - and I turned a small profit too, multi-tabling 10 tables for under an hour

During current Omaha H/L session you were dealt 261 hands and saw flop:
- 24 out of 39 times while in big blind (61%)
- 6 out of 37 times while in small blind (16%)
- 9 out of 185 times in other positions (4%)
- a total of 39 out of 261 (14%)
Pots won at showdown - 15 of 17 (88%)
Pots won without showdown - 4

$1.68 profit - mainly down to these mugs

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

and what you are specifically interested in

7.96VPPs

Good luck

Old
Sat Nov 19, 2011, 02:16 PM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2010
Just be careful if you don't play Omaha. 20 bucks won't last forever if you're just going to lose it there. If your game is Hold 'em, stick to it. You still want to have your roll, if not increase it, when you're done collecting vpps.
You can do it in hold 'em, just play tight, smart poker..no need to take huge chances in cash on a limited roll. If you only play 1 table at a time, try 2 and see if you can get comfortable with 3, then 4, since you don't have a lot of play time available.
If you do well at Omaha, they do collect vpps quicker. As suggested, find the tables with the highest avg. pot in whichever you choose.

Old
Sat Nov 19, 2011, 02:32 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Just be careful if you don't play Omaha. 20 bucks won't last forever if you're just going to lose it there. If your game is Hold 'em, stick to it. You still want to have your roll, if not increase it, when you're done collecting vpps.
You can do it in hold 'em, just play tight, smart poker..no need to take huge chances in cash on a limited roll. If you only play 1 table at a time, try 2 and see if you can get comfortable with 3, then 4, since you don't have a lot of play time available.
If you do well at Omaha, they do collect vpps quicker. As suggested, find the tables with the highest avg. pot in whichever you choose.

Absolutely agree with Dan - I would rather stick to NLHE where I am generally at least break even or profitable -so now that I am playing a lot more 6MAX cash I get a good proportion of my VPPs there.

I still use Omaha Hi/Lo Pot Limit when I want a quick boost of VPPs, in the full knowledge that I am still a real rookie at that game and am essentially often buying VPPs for my small losses, and occassionally, like today, getting away from a session with VPPs + cash.

If you are not a winning player (as apparently most are not) I think the PLO8 is a good cheap buy for VPPs. If you are a PSO League player it is pretty bad form to play in those leagues without the 20+ or 150+ VPPs you need for the big potential prize boost. When I really pushed for the 750VPPs for megamonth promotion I took bigger losses but earnt more than double that back through the big 30k & 100K tourneys that the Platinum status got me free entry to, so just be aware what your goals are and what your potential returns are for making the additional VPPs.

Good luck

Old
Sun Nov 20, 2011, 03:55 PM
(#12)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
well got myself up to 100 VPP's this weekend and have $7.60 dollar left.
so i am forced to grind trough realy tight and get myself some VPP's

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com