Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Red Spade Open 1M Gtd

Old
Red Spade Open 1M Gtd - Sun Nov 20, 2011, 10:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2008
It really hurts when you play a big tournament close to perfect and loose beeing a huge favorit.

263 left of 28,338

I have about 10 BB.

Im on the BB, its folded to the SB who puts me all in. I have AA, he has 67.

Flop 267, over.

Why cant those hands hold in those key spots to get a chance of a BIG payday

Old
Sun Nov 20, 2011, 11:12 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
When theydo hold, you'll be cashing for a big payday. Well done to get as far as you did!!

Old
Sun Nov 20, 2011, 11:20 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
it's still a good run. AA will lose those about 1 in 4 unfortunately.... I got KO'd from a WSOP-Circuit with them this last spring... it'll happen live and online, as the same odds hold.

Old
Mon Nov 21, 2011, 12:00 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2011
unlucky, but still a very good finish. Keep it up!! You will push through just keep plugging away

Old
Mon Nov 21, 2011, 12:03 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2008
Thanks all for your support and feedback it helps getting the bad feeling away

Old
Mon Nov 21, 2011, 01:47 AM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
A couple of months ago in the Premier League after the bubble burst, I shoved QQ in early position and got called by somebody in later position who had AA. And I wound up hitting my two-outer and the other person got eliminted. Which felt awful, because what with everybody being so good in the league, sometimes it seems like the chance to make ITM is only going to happen once every handful of times - and then for this person, with this being their time, this had to happen

So then the next day I was checking out the two of our scores, and it turns out that person who got their aces cracked by me actually went on to do even better the next day - they went up all the way to 1st place in the next tourney they played

I know PSSL's different from the Red Spade Open, but I guess I'm just trying to say that maybe if you're thinking this this was the time you had your chance at the big one, maybe the time'll be next week or the week after? And now you've got enough money to buy buy-ins for more tries

Sometimes poker can be kind of cruel, eh? But there's always that next time

Here's hoping it's somebody's turn from PSO to hit it big in one of the upcoming 10th Anniversary events - one of the weekly things, or the World Record, or the Sunday Storm

PS Nice to see a familiar face at the 10th Anniversary Satellite tourney the other day AJEI

Last edited by TrustySam; Mon Nov 21, 2011 at 08:03 AM.. Reason: oh ... I included a vent of my own, but now I feel better, so I took it out :)

Old
Mon Nov 21, 2011, 01:47 PM
(#7)
Since: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJEI View Post
It really hurts when you play a big tournament close to perfect and loose beeing a huge favorit.

263 left of 28,338

I have about 10 BB.

Im on the BB, its folded to the SB who puts me all in. I have AA, he has 67.

Flop 267, over.

Why cant those hands hold in those key spots to get a chance of a BIG payday

Nice score! You will eventually get your day in the sun!

GL

Old
Thumbs up
Nice run!!! - Mon Nov 21, 2011, 04:41 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
Nice run ,,,,...I got binked out around 8k of 28k,,,,, doh,,,,..how much you get for that spot,,

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com