Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

New to PSO! Getting used to the website

Old
Question
New to PSO! Getting used to the website - Mon Nov 21, 2011, 01:47 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
Hello PSO community,
I'm relatively new to computers so I wanted to know what u guys get to do on pokerschoolonline.com i'm not an internet brain so i don't know nothing about blogging or posting, you get the idea where i'm at. All i've done in this site is attend to live training with 19honu62 and TheLangolier which helped me a lot in my game. I also have read some of the courses, SnG being my favorite, pretty interesting material. Anyways, I'm trying to expand into other territories like posting to be able to comment on some aspects of the game I may be having trouble with, etc. I also notice there are tools like odds calculator and hand replayer which may come very handy. All in all this site looks to be very complete but for a newbie like me maybe a little complex. Will appreciate very much any suggestions on how to approach the different areas of PSO. Thanks in advace

John

Old
Mon Nov 21, 2011, 02:47 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Welcome to the forum. Mr. Cann0n. You've already figured out how to post and participate in live training, and I assume read threads, so you're well on your way towards full forum immersion.

There are also video training sessions at the top of the page that you can watch depending on your VPP level for the month.

Ahhh. I see that you are a US player... That's going to limit you a little bit when it comes to watching the PokerStarsPro videos, but you'll still be able to participate in the live training sessions, which are always a blast.

If you want some action on nightly play money tourneys against some tough competition, check the Home Games section. I'm very partial to the Drunk Tank myself, but I spent a good 4 hours today playing in Kitty's Penthouse(20k starting stack with 10 min levels.. Ugh. Made it to "the money" just to prove to myself I could.) Even though it's play $, it'll help your game.

I'm not good with the hand re-player, but someone will prolly pop in here with simple details on how to use it.

If you know how to copy and paste your hand histories, you can post one in the Hand Analysis section, and if you don't, then someone will come along after me to tell you. 'Cause I need to go to sleep.

But, again. Welcome to the forum. We're all here to help. Except Roomik. He just posts funny pictures.

Good luck out there, and in here.

Old
Mon Nov 21, 2011, 05:13 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hello John Cannon,

First and foremost you are very welcome here at PSO.

There is a ton of stuff here to help you with your game and personally my advice would be to absorb the information slowly. Rushing through many topics quickly usually doesn't yield the maximum learning value. Spend a little time going through each tab at the top of this page individually.

Decide on a area of your game that you feel needs improving and then use the PSO website here to get some advice.

The search function at the top of this page is a handy tool. For example, if you want to learn how to use the Hand Replayer type 'how to use the hand replayer' into the search box and it will direct you to this page:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/lib...+hand+replayer

Never be shy here to ask a question. It's important though that you post the question in the correct thread. That way you have a much better chance of getting the question answered properly and in a timely manner.

Finally, try to attend as many Live Training sessions as you possibly can and apply what you've learned to your game. There is an archive of videos in the library to watch also:

Click on 'Live Training' and then click on 'Videos', the PSO live trainers section can be found at the bottom of the page:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/articles/Video-Content

And most importantly, have fun here!

Good luck at the tables,

Raiser

Old
Mon Nov 21, 2011, 05:19 AM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)
***moved royalraise85 ***

Old
Mon Nov 21, 2011, 08:09 AM
(#5)
And petition your senator so that US players can play online again. I guarantee when the US players are allowed back on online poker sites like pokerstars, there is going to be a lot of fish. It is going to be a boom to poker and anyone who learns to play now is going to make a fortune in a couple of years if new law trickles through congress and legalizes online gambling for americans. I suggest learning both holdem (learn that first) but also Omaha. I haven't learned Omaha myself yet (although I could probably beat the 2NL tables... I mean really learned how) so you can catch all the fish that will come swimming when the general US population is able to play. The US is the richest country in the world... so they have more money to give to the rest of us:P

Old
Mon Nov 21, 2011, 08:48 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
The old hedgehog is also an American, so no PSO for me. As others have said, you've learned how to use many of the features. There's no hurry, so do it in steps. No need to rush.

As to games, check out the challenge section. Moxie runs an American version of the Cowboy Challenge, which is a 100-game, month long challenge. Click on the link to learn more.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...-SNG-Challenge

Not up to that? Try the play money version of the Battle of the Planets. It is a 20-game challenge I offer all members. Find it here.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...ge-open-to-all

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 02:18 PM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2011
hello

How do i post questions in live training ?
Dont have the bar there i can type in Just see the other people posting
Please help

Thanks

Vytcka66

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 02:29 PM
(#8)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
register as participant

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 02:31 PM
(#9)
im registrated

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 02:40 PM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by J0HN CANN0N View Post
Hello PSO community,
I'm relatively new to computers so I wanted to know what u guys get to do on pokerschoolonline.com i'm not an internet brain so i don't know nothing about blogging or posting, you get the idea where i'm at. All i've done in this site is attend to live training with 19honu62 and TheLangolier which helped me a lot in my game. I also have read some of the courses, SnG being my favorite, pretty interesting material. Anyways, I'm trying to expand into other territories like posting to be able to comment on some aspects of the game I may be having trouble with, etc. I also notice there are tools like odds calculator and hand replayer which may come very handy. All in all this site looks to be very complete but for a newbie like me maybe a little complex. Will appreciate very much any suggestions on how to approach the different areas of PSO. Thanks in advace

John
Hi John and welcome to the forum. As a US player, there is still plenty to benefit from by being a member here. Please look at these tips for getting started and let us know if you have any questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vytcka66 View Post
im registrated
Welcome to you too vytcka..please also see the link I provided...now on to your question...
You should see the bar to enter chat into as a participant. If you can see the chat, it is the bar just above the chat, to the left of the send button. And you're sure you're registered as a participant and not a viewer?

Last edited by !!!111Dan; Tue Nov 29, 2011 at 02:42 PM..

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 02:44 PM
(#11)
101% sure PARTICIPAN

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 02:49 PM
(#12)
Ok, I just registered for the one running and I can chat. Did you put your cursor in the chat bar and click to get a cursor there? If so, and nothing is happening, try leaving PSO, restarting, and coming back in...just go to the live training running and re-open it, you should still be shown as a participant..only 10 mins left though.

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 02:55 PM
(#13)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
try a new browser, reinstall Java etc

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 03:00 PM
(#14)
Quote:
hello

How do i post questions in live training ?
Dont have the bar there i can type in Just see the other people posting
Please help

Thanks

Vytcka66
When you regester of a live training you get two options.

Register as a viewer - this allows you to watch, but not type.

Register as a participant - this is where you can type in the chat and ask questions. It does not mean you will be playing in the game. In fact if its a live training and you are at the table that is included in the training you HAVE to leave the training session.

Hope this helps

Grade b

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 03:31 PM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
When you regester of a live training you get two options.

Register as a viewer - this allows you to watch, but not type.

Register as a participant - this is where you can type in the chat and ask questions. It does not mean you will be playing in the game. In fact if its a live training and you are at the table that is included in the training you HAVE to leave the training session.

Hope this helps

Grade b
thanks ... i thought as a participan i will have to play )
Ok my mistake

THANKS

Vytcka

Old
Tue Nov 29, 2011, 04:53 PM
(#17)
Quote:
thanks ... i thought as a participan i will have to play )
Ok my mistake

THANKS

Vytcka

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com