Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

up against a cooler

Old
up against a cooler - Mon Nov 21, 2011, 11:15 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
BronzeStar
hi all this is from the same torny, i managed a bit of a comeback then this happens.
Q:i had position and a pretty good hand being as only 1 limper in the pot, when he checks to me i feel with only 1 over card on the flop i can c bet but then as u can see he min raises me i pretty much know im beat at this stage but felt like i was priced in by this time so pushed what was left of my stack, was this a good or bad play by me.Could i have folded? but what would be the point i would of been left with a crap stack.i also made this play because i thought at this stage of the game it was time to get really aggressive.

oops just noticed i 3x r instead of 4x i was sure at the time i 4x, lol i did the maths wrong but i think the hands pretty much played themselves

Last edited by PokerPest72; Mon Nov 21, 2011 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: update

Old
Mon Nov 21, 2011, 11:27 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I like raising preflop (you could also just call, but I like the raise).
I also don't have a problem with the c-bet (I'd have probably c-bet a little less, about 5300).
When the opp raises your c-bet, after limp/calling preflop. That screams a set to me. You've still got over 10BB left if you fold and you really need to get off the hand and then look for a different hand to shove with.... because you're beat in this one.

I actually put them on 44 for a set, as 10's would normally raise preflop (to get people with 2 overs to drop and not draw at them).

Old
Mon Nov 21, 2011, 11:44 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2011
BronzeStar
TY for reply yeah the min raise screamed of strength to me aswell, but i never put him on a set of tens, the size of the pot went to my head, my bad Thanks for ur reply i,ll try not make this mistake again.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com