Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Pop ups

Old
Pop ups - Mon Nov 21, 2011, 02:38 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
Would it be possible to get pop ups for live training or promotions,to alert us?
For example:

"Live training session starting in 15 minutes on _________"

So people surfing the forum would be able to join.Some of us have short memory spans and forget
to sign up.

Of course a option to turn off pop ups would be helpful as well.
A copy of what pokerstars does would be awesome.

Old
Mon Nov 21, 2011, 03:10 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
This was already discussed in the Live Training forum and something is in the works. Not sure if they will be going with a pop up or PM reminder yet (the PM's can provide the pop up) but some sort of notification system for live training sessions is coming.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...019-Suggestion

Edit: What's being discussed is for live training sessions only, not PS client promos.

Old
Mon Nov 21, 2011, 03:12 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
I wasnt meaning the pop up was for the pokerstars client but the forum like you are suggesting.

Very cool.

Old
Mon Nov 21, 2011, 03:20 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
yeah i like! now is there anyway to block the spammers in the live training? I just watch the replays and the knowitalls tilt me, could imagine live what it would do lol

Old
Mon Nov 21, 2011, 03:23 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
Good point,I tend to not get involved as much in them for that reason.
Derailments are hard to stop.

Old
Mon Nov 21, 2011, 03:36 PM
(#6)
(Head Trainer)
Depends on what you mean by "spammers", the trainer can remove people (either "kick" which boots them out but they can return, or "ban" which boots them out and they can not return to the current session, but could attend future trainings... there is also a perma-ban option but we haven't had to use that one yet).

Anyone who was spamming some other site, using inappropriate language, derailing the chat box with off topic stuff, etc. will be warned, kicked, and/or banned at the discretion of the trainer.

Old
Mon Nov 21, 2011, 03:41 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
by spammers, just the same people I see over and over filling chat with their own theorys, not asking questions just putting out their .02 . I have noticed on more than a few occaisions that questions have been missed because of the banter

I just view them when they come out now, and watch them at my leisure lol

Old
Mon Nov 21, 2011, 03:59 PM
(#8)
(Head Trainer)
We do like for that kind of thing to be kept to a minimum. It is difficult as a live trainer to manage the training tool, the game, the discussion at hand, and the chat box all at the same time, and the more "chatter" that fills the box the more likely it is we may miss something. Even without excessive noise we can miss things though, so I always ask that participants repeat their question if it scrolls off the box and hasn't been answered.

If at any time the chatter is becoming a distraction for the trainer, or they feel it is so for the class, I expect them to put a stop to it, first with a request or warning, and eventually with a kick. Personally I have not had to escalate beyond a kick for chat box filling chatter to get it to stop (the person typically returns but they get the message). I have actually session banned for other things though. Trainers like everyone else are not perfect, but we do try to use the tools available to us to keep the classroom a positive learning environment for all.

Old
Mon Nov 21, 2011, 04:04 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
yeah it's not a knock on the trainers, more on the monkeys that think they should be teaching not watching lol

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com