Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

[10th Anniversary PokerStars] Ring Game Bonuses

Old
[10th Anniversary PokerStars] Ring Game Bonuses - Mon Nov 21, 2011, 06:23 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)

Play Poker Cash Games for a share of $1,000,000 in added prizes!
This special 10th Anniversary ring game celebration is awarding $1,000,000 across ten days of exciting action. Each ring game stake tab in the PokerStars game client is being given its own Leaderboard, which means that everyone can take part and win big. Simply play as many hands as you can in the qualifying period, as the players who earn the most VPPs win the biggest share of the cash!

Here’s how the 10th Anniversary Ring Game Leaderboards work:
There is a separate Leaderboard running for each of the following stake levels in the game client, from November 23-December 2:

Every ring game variation counts towards this promotion. It doesn’t matter if you play Hold’em, Omaha or Stud - there’s prize money to be earned across the board!

Each Leaderboard period lasts for 24 hours, after which the rankings are re-set. The players who earn the most VPPs in each stake level will win a share of $50,000 every day as listed below. Plus, any player who finishes in the top 1,000 in any of the Leaderboards will also be awarded a ticket to an exclusive freeroll with a prize pool of $500,000!

The freeroll will take place at 12:30 ET on December 11. Entry tickets will be awarded by December 8. Only one ticket will be awarded per player, regardless of the number of top 1,000 finishes achieved. Entry tickets cannot be exchanged, transferred or sold. Unused tickets will expire after the $500,000 freeroll begins.

Prizes will be paid out within 48 hours of the conclusion of the day’s play. In the event of a tie, prize money will be split evenly between tied players.

Ring Game Leader Boards 10th Anniversary Timeline
PokerStars has produced some of the best ring game players the game has ever seen over the course of ten years, with millions of members competing in the widest selection of games across every different level. The high-stakes games meanwhile went into overdrive in early 2011 when online phenomenon Isildur1 was unveiled as a new member of Team PokerStars Pro. VIP Player Points are earned in every real money ring game hand played, giving players the chance to rise through the ranks of the VIP Club.

Contact support@pokerstars.com if you have any questions about the 10th Anniversary Ring Game Leaderboards.

Last edited by TOO2COO; Mon Nov 21, 2011 at 06:50 PM..

Old
Question
What do you - Mon Nov 21, 2011, 09:49 PM
(#2)
guys think of this one?
I think it sounds good for cash grinders,,,,,, peeps who play cash 12hrs a day will rake this one in,,, however not for the average player I dont think maybe make a go of it on a weekend day
How many hrs and tables do you think it will take per day

Old
Mon Nov 21, 2011, 10:00 PM
(#3)
Unless you are a grinder and play 24 tables for a 14 hour period for a day, you might as well forget about this promotion

Old
Smile
Hi Sand,, - Mon Nov 21, 2011, 10:04 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
Unless you are a grinder and play 24 tables for a 14 hour period for a day, you might as well forget about this promotion

Thats kinda what I was thinking,,,,,just wanted to here someone else say it
dont know if I have that in me on a Sat or Sun,,,,

Old
Tue Nov 22, 2011, 12:33 AM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2010
I think I'll pass on this one too - my $0.01/$0.02 level grind is never going to compete with the $0.10/$0.25 grinders at the top end of the 'micro' stake level for NLHE.

It will be interesting to see results of how many VPPs are earned by the top 100 to 1000 at each level. The top 100 for cash prizes will be very tough to make I imagine, but I could see some PSO grinders making the tickets.

Good luck if you are up for it.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Tue Nov 22, 2011, 02:47 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2011
(Moderator)
Can someone recommend a game plan or strategy to tackle this challenge. How would someone (just for the challenge) prepare for something like this and what would an efficient daily schedule for something like this would look like? (at micro category)

Im thinking if I go 2 hours on 30 minutes off, at 12 tables, is that even enough or should I push it a little more? or 3 hours on 1 hour off x 4 rinse and repeat?

Old
Tue Nov 22, 2011, 03:06 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2edgar View Post
Can someone recommend a game plan or strategy to tackle this challenge. How would someone (just for the challenge) prepare for something like this and what would an efficient daily schedule for something like this would look like? (at micro category)

Im thinking if I go 2 hours on 30 minutes off, at 12 tables, is that even enough or should I push it a little more? or 3 hours on 1 hour off x 4 rinse and repeat?
Depends on which micro game you're playing... $.01/$.02NL, you're pretty much out of contention from the start. Unless you somehow make it into the top-1000 and get the freeroll ticket.

As much as I love PStars giving away free money and get annoyed with people complaining about the promos... This one is not good for new players. This one is only good for serious grinders. Please don't blow your BR trying for this. Hell, you're better off trying to hit a milestone hand.

Good luck to anyone that tries for it. I'd love to see it happen for a PSOer.

edit: Oh, hey. You're a Mod. Welcome to the PSO Forum, it's nice to have you aboard. If you have any questions about which game strategy or assorted other VPP earning strategies are best for you, feel free to ask. There are a bunch of people here that will help you as best they can.

Last edited by mcrissinger; Tue Nov 22, 2011 at 03:15 AM.. Reason: Welcoming a Mod with his first post to the forum.

Old
Tue Nov 22, 2011, 04:49 AM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2011
(Moderator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrissinger View Post
Depends on which micro game you're playing... $.01/$.02NL, you're pretty much out of contention from the start. Unless you somehow make it into the top-1000 and get the freeroll ticket.

As much as I love PStars giving away free money and get annoyed with people complaining about the promos... This one is not good for new players. This one is only good for serious grinders. Please don't blow your BR trying for this. Hell, you're better off trying to hit a milestone hand.

Good luck to anyone that tries for it. I'd love to see it happen for a PSOer.

edit: Oh, hey. You're a Mod. Welcome to the PSO Forum, it's nice to have you aboard. If you have any questions about which game strategy or assorted other VPP earning strategies are best for you, feel free to ask. There are a bunch of people here that will help you as best they can.

lol, yeah thanks for the welcome member, just as well im honest enough to ask a question when I dont know the answer

but in addition to the promo info, if anyone is gonna attempt this here are some more usefull info:

Starting on November 23rd, the Ring Game Leader Boards will run from 00:00 ET to 23:59 ET and will be reset every day. They will run for 10 straight days and $50,000 will be awarded daily!

If your local time is other than ET, you can easily find out what times the leader board will run for you by going to the following site and converting the time:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

The Ring Game Leader Boards ranking page will be updated on an hourly basis, keeping players up to date on where they stand.

good luck to everyone that try this.

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 08:58 PM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
When you click on that link up top, they've got the leaderboards up for this now, and everybody's got at least 1000VPP's ... the person in #1 has 4850VPP's! (at the microstakes)

I went snooping around to try and see what everybody was playing, but most people have their search turned off ... found somebody in 92nd place, 'lbc2011', and they're playing 24 tables

I guess that's a nice little bonus for people who play like that every day, since SNG's have BOTP ... not as random as the milestone hand

PS Anybody ever tried the BOTP thingie? What games do you play?

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 01:21 AM
(#10)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
I can see many mimicers of the 70 Billionth hand happening.folding back and forth, accumulating vpps.

Seeings how some members earn VPPs faster by being "SilverStar", "Gold Star", "Supernova" , everyone is not at a fair start, ergo this leaderboard should be based on points given to everyone equally, based on how much they take in(like 1 point/$), not VPPs, where everyone earns them at a different rate.

Yep, If anyone is looking for me I'll be the 1 in the10/25 cent MTT SnGs,with my head burried in the sand until this thing blows over.....roflmao

Last edited by Stakehorse75; Thu Nov 24, 2011 at 01:27 AM..

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 01:30 AM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
VPP's are the same.. it's FPP's that are multiplied for the higher levels.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 01:54 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stakehorse75 View Post
I can see many mimicers of the 70 Billionth hand happening.folding back and forth, accumulating vpps.
There's no rake if hands are folded pre-flop, so no VPPs are earned.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 07:59 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
The numbers people are posting are incredible ... I'm never going to complain about a tournament being long, or making VPP's being 'too hard' ever again

The Battle of The Planets thing for SNG's is different in that it rewards finishes in blocks of 20, rather than volume. One time I came close to making the top 100 when I had a really good week playing my single-table SNG's, but I guess most of the people on the board are playing the 27-person SNG's? What I can't figure out is that the bracket for the 'Micro' category says it's for buy-ins between $1.00 and $2.99. But when I look at everybody's games on the micro-leaderboard, they're all playing the $3.50 27-person SNG's. Minus the rake those games are $3.11 - that can't be right

PS Happy Thanksgiving!! mmm ... turkey ...

Last edited by TrustySam; Thu Nov 24, 2011 at 08:04 PM..

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 08:09 PM
(#14)
Deleted user
Anyone taken a stab at this and got any where?

I played 24 tables of 2NL and 5 minutes in was closing my tables..lol
Got burnt out thinking I would have to do this for hours!
Think the eyes where already burning.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 08:14 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
I can't even play two tables at once ... also I get antsy after about 35 minutes straight if the end isn't near ...

Thank goodness somebody with an attention span like me thought up STT's and turbos

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 11:50 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustySam View Post
The Battle of The Planets thing for SNG's is different in that it rewards finishes in blocks of 20, rather than volume. One time I came close to making the top 100 when I had a really good week playing my single-table SNG's, but I guess most of the people on the board are playing the 27-person SNG's? What I can't figure out is that the bracket for the 'Micro' category says it's for buy-ins between $1.00 and $2.99. But when I look at everybody's games on the micro-leaderboard, they're all playing the $3.50 27-person SNG's. Minus the rake those games are $3.11 - that can't be right

That's one of the things I find so appealing about the Battle of the Planets. One of the problems is the multiple games in each catagory. You can get points for any SNG between 6 and 27 players. As you discovered, points vary by game and those who finish consistently in the money for the 27-player games will score the most. However, I love this competition since everyone is limited to their best 20-game orbit. You cannot get something strictly via volume; you get it through skill.

I made the suggestion back in January that the SNG lobby should include a line that identified which "planet" the game applied to. PokerStars told me which part of my body I should place my suggestion and how to work it. Needless to say it didn't matter after Black Friday.

Not sure if you'll find it of interest, but there is a play money BOTP challenge, TrustySam.

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 12:20 AM
(#17)
Deleted user
I may be understanding what you are getting at Cairn but I believe they already have something in place.

Under "requests" you can pick two options.
First option is "Sit N Go Lead Points" where you can seeing how many tourneys you have towards the low and high orbits and the points.
2nd option is the :Sit N GO Leaderboard" which shows you the top 100 for every planet and the buyin range for that planet.

Not sure if thats the same as your talking about.If you want a planet next to each SNG that might take away from something else and slow the lobby down. I would guess.

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 01:29 AM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Oh, a little planet next to each game would be so helpful! I guess maybe that was the concern - too much information, or something.

As it is, sometimes I sign up for the wrong game - turbo instead of regular speed, or omaha hi/low instead or 5-card draw instead of NL ... boy, talk about crickets when you ask the other people at the table for help understanding the game! I know you can hear me!!

If it's not possible to have a little planet next to each game, I'd love to see a list of all the games on the Battle of the Planets page. Just so we all have access to the same list and stuff. Oh well, I guess it's no big deal for me to keep snooping around and see what I can find out from cross-checking the leaderboard with pokerprolabs (<- closest thing to a smilie with a magnifying glass). Will let everybody know what I find out

Cairn, I've been thinking of checking out the play money tables to practice other games like pot-limit-omaha, or even possibly the 27-person NLH. It's so funny how the holdem' games can each be so very different from one another depending on the format. Some people were bringing that up in the other thread of Tiber's in the bad beat section ... about how it takes ages to figure out all the little ins-and-outs of each particular game. And then if you go up a buy-in, you almost have to start the refinement process all over again.

I just got Poker Tracker a couple of weeks ago, and have the funniest graphs of me attempting every format of hold'em SNG under the sun - some started off promising and then went South (although that may have been a tilt issue), some just started off bad and never got better. Things seem to be going okay with the single table SNG's, but if there's extra money to be made by switching games (from the BOTP promotion), then that's always worthing looking into I guess

Last edited by TrustySam; Fri Nov 25, 2011 at 01:31 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com