Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Would u have folded

Old
Would u have folded - Mon Nov 21, 2011, 07:34 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar

Thought he had a flush so i saved chips. He showed kjo no diamonds
Was final table

Old
Mon Nov 21, 2011, 07:45 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
check or raise pre... I can see a reason for either. You're OOP, so thinning them out might be a good idea, but if you hit and you don't raise, you've got a concealed hand.

ABSOLUTELY MUST bet the flop. Anyone still in could have a broadway draw or a str8 draw.... make them pay to draw at them. I'd be making about a pot-sized bet there.

Turn: way too small of a bet. You priced in any diamond draw! You gotta bet at least 2/3's of the pot, if not a pot-sized bet. You want to price anyone out that is drawing at you.

river: gotta make a value bet (if you're still in the hand).... if you don't, the opp will bet with ATC and you don't know if they've got the flush or air.....

If you bet the flop hard and the turn, then you won't have the decision on the river.

Old
Mon Nov 21, 2011, 07:51 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Playing to tight and stupid poker lately

Old
Mon Nov 21, 2011, 08:01 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Playing tight is what you want to do.... playing passively, is what will get you into trouble.

Old
Mon Nov 21, 2011, 08:48 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.bisland View Post
Playing to tight and stupid poker lately
Tight and loose refers to which hands you play before the flop.

Agressive aor passive refere to wither to raise or bet first (agressive or just call Passive.)

Tighting up is good. and you are adapting you game to a new stlye which will take time and trial and error dont give up hope becuase of a few bumps in the road.

You played a good solid game on Sunday so i know you have it in you.

Chin up
Grade b

Old
Mon Nov 21, 2011, 08:53 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
Tight and loose refers to which hands you play before the flop.

Agressive aor passive refere to wither to raise or bet first (agressive or just call Passive.)

Tighting up is good. and you are adapting you game to a new stlye which will take time and trial and error dont give up hope becuase of a few bumps in the road.

You played a good solid game on Sunday so i know you have it in you.

Chin up
Grade b
Been testing a few things out my game has started to come back. I feel better at the table than i did a few days back.

Old
Tue Nov 22, 2011, 12:23 AM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2011
hello m.bisland
interesting hand. i agree with JWK24 that a flop raise is a must. calling may seem too passive (i figure you were slowplaying trips) and it may induce 3 bets by the opponents on the following streets (if your goal was to increase the pot size). It's a disaster to slowplay trips on a wet board.

on the turn 2 diamonds came. your small bet seems very suspicious, it certainly looks like a protection bet. Anyone could represent a flush and go all in leaving you no choice but to fold. Don't tell them what u have by your bet size, u should bet 2/3 to pot size if you don't want people running u over. in the turn this guy bets (looks like a delayed float to me) very small bet to be a value bet for a flush (a fullhouse is impossible at this stage) anyways a small bet might also indicate that the opponent has some kind of weak flush or flush draw, great opportunity to represent the nut flush and jam ur stack to the middle although this would be a little risky due to the chance he is slowplaying the nut flush. Good play if you have a certain read that ur opponent is drawing, this way he has terrible odds to continue the hand.

On the river another diamond comes, the scariest card u could hope for. This completes a flush draw ur opponent might hold, and kills your action. he bets big, u fold. Good play by the opponent to take the pot down since u showed weakness throughout the hand. Aggresiveness pays off at the end. If you were to call this bet at the river, you were basically gambling since the flush draw was too big. I would've personally taken the pot down on the turn, thus avoiding the tough river situation. hope this helps bro.

although this is my personal though process, i would love some feedback if u guys find flaws in it. Keep it up m.bisland

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com