Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

good or bad fold?

Old
good or bad fold? - Tue Nov 22, 2011, 08:11 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011

Some hands later I went out with QAo villain kept floating I hit an ace on the river and he hit a flush

Old
Tue Nov 22, 2011, 09:17 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
I'd say a good fold.

If the action was folded or limped round to me I'd go in with a raise but not with that much action in front of me. KQo does not play that well with 3 or more opponents.

Raiser

Old
Tue Nov 22, 2011, 09:35 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
This is an easy fold.

You have 23BB+, and a hand which could be in trouble.
Not only was there an all in, but there was a call of the all in.

If you try a squeeze on the 9k caller, you are not likely to get away with it, since you have barely 1k more than the shover. That means any squeeze try is going to be laying around 4 to 1 to that big stack to call.

You are behind any rag ace, so unless you were very short here (under 10BB at least, and maybe even as low as 5BB), there is no need to put your tourney life at risk.

Good fold.

Old
Tue Nov 22, 2011, 01:42 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
With a shove and a call, you're basically guaranteed that you have the worst hand of the 3 in almost every instance. You want to be putting your chips in when you're ahead, not behind, so good fold.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com