Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

How to review.

Old
How to review. - Tue Nov 22, 2011, 05:12 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Dear Everyone,

Please help.

I Hear from a number of people i shoud review my play. I have always reviewed my play?...did i win yes or no?

then i started looking at overall VPIP and PR, then position numbers (damn you SB)

i have info in Poker tracker 3 but what should i actually be reviewing.

So for those of you that do review your play, how do you do it. What are you looking at and how do you stop your head expolding with all the information avalible with a tracker?

I thank you for your time.

Grade b

Old
Tue Nov 22, 2011, 05:18 PM
(#2)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
I have always reviewed my play?...did i win yes or no?
That is the one thing NOT to look at when you review your play You want to see if you made the correct decisions during a hand.

You want to look to see, for example, if you had the correct odds to make a call?
Did you read your opps correctly in the hand (if not, what was wrong?)
was I playing too many pots? (are there any hands that you've playing too often that are marginal hands?)
was I being passive when entering pots?
etc.

Old
Tue Nov 22, 2011, 05:26 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
edit

Last edited by Deleted user; Tue Jul 09, 2013 at 02:02 PM..

Old
Tue Nov 22, 2011, 05:34 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
edit

Last edited by Deleted user; Tue Jul 09, 2013 at 02:02 PM..

Old
Tue Nov 22, 2011, 07:28 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
That is the one thing NOT to look at when you review your play You want to see if you made the correct decisions during a hand.

You want to look to see, for example, if you had the correct odds to make a call?
Did you read your opps correctly in the hand (if not, what was wrong?)
was I playing too many pots? (are there any hands that you've playing too often that are marginal hands?)
was I being passive when entering pots?
etc.
I thank you for this but ....always a but i know can you continue what is the ECT part as i guess this is the bit i don't know.

Grade b

Old
Tue Nov 22, 2011, 07:35 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
those along with other things....

are you playing too many hands out of position?
trying to steal too much, especially early, when you don't want to as much?
what types of opps were playing against you (high VPIP, low VPIP) and did you take appropriate actions to combat their play style?
Were my raises sized correctly?
Were there any betting patterns my opps used that I didn't see right away?
Was I being too passive and passing on hands in late position that were folded to me? If so, what did I fold?

I don't have PT3, so don't know all the numbers and stats you have with it, or I could probably give you alot more. These should give you a good start and hopefully someone with PT3 will add other things to this thread.

Old
Tue Nov 22, 2011, 11:43 PM
(#8)
Since: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
Dear Everyone,

Please help.

I Hear from a number of people i shoud review my play. I have always reviewed my play?...did i win yes or no?

then i started looking at overall VPIP and PR, then position numbers (damn you SB)

i have info in Poker tracker 3 but what should i actually be reviewing.

So for those of you that do review your play, how do you do it. What are you looking at and how do you stop your head expolding with all the information avalible with a tracker?

I thank you for your time.

Grade b
Hi

I use universal hand replayer to load my last session in
I watch each hand that I lose and try to self analize the hand
To figure out where I went wrong
Lots of info on the site on how it works and explains how to use it

http://www.universal-replayer.net/

gl
spike

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com