Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Right or wrong

Old
Right or wrong - Tue Nov 22, 2011, 06:02 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Soooo

This is late in a STT1.50 buy in.

When i first looked at it i was thinking Grrrr just blew away those chips with KQo out of position your a (insert fav word here).

Then I looked again and thought well he was committed and is prob pushing with Any Two

so who is right negative me or positive me.

Note he was playing super nitty at start but just openeded uplosing 1400 chips with A$o 2 hands before and winning with A6o the hand before.

Grade b

Old
Tue Nov 22, 2011, 06:55 PM
(#2)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
someone on the button will raise with a wider range and basically any A. You're behind any ace but, since their range is alot wider than pairs or aces... I like the reshove to isolate and try it. You need to get rid of the BB.. and the re-shove accomplishes it.

They got lucky, but I like the play. You're basically risking 330 chips total to win 480, so I'd take the chance with someone that would be playing a wide range. If the opp was a total nit and only playing pairs, especially large ones.... then I might consider folding it, but if playing a wide range... I like the reshove.

Old
Tue Nov 22, 2011, 07:05 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
If you think that he's shoving with any raggy ace he's a 60% favourite against your holding,

but with only 2 big's left it's natural to assume that he's shoving with any two cards.

It's a marginal decision. Not a great one, but not a bad one either if you follow my drift!

Raiser

Old
Tue Nov 22, 2011, 07:42 PM
(#4)
"Right or Wrong?"

The title of this thread leads one to assume that a black or white answer is possible and even preferred. However, the old fallback answer to most poker questions applies. That being "It depends."

It depends on your opponents image of you.
It depends on your image of your opponents.
It depends on depth of money.
It depends on position, relative and absolute.
It depends on your goal for this event.

I could go on with JDean length list but you should get the idea. Right or wrong, true or false, black and white, rarely apply to games of incomplete information. The more cogent information you can provide the less uncertainty in the answers you will receive. You gave a good explanation of your thoughts and received appropriate answers in return.

Now back to your regularly scheduled hand analyses.

Old
Tue Nov 22, 2011, 09:21 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Grade B, just to clarify, in the US "nitty" means TIGHT...
(as in playing like his butt hole is "knitted up")

I ran into this the other night while talking to someone from Europe. It seems to HIM "nitty" meant playing crazy wild, the exact OPPOSITE. (as in playing like a "nit wit")

Just wanted to clarify that for anyone who may read a post by an American, and totally not get the thought...

Old
Tue Nov 22, 2011, 09:32 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
"Right or Wrong?"

The title of this thread leads one to assume that a black or white answer is possible and even preferred. However, the old fallback answer to most poker questions applies. That being "It depends."

It depends on your opponents image of you.
It depends on your image of your opponents.
It depends on depth of money.
It depends on position, relative and absolute.
It depends on your goal for this event.

I could go on with JDean length list but you should get the idea. Right or wrong, true or false, black and white, rarely apply to games of incomplete information. The more cogent information you can provide the less uncertainty in the answers you will receive. You gave a good explanation of your thoughts and received appropriate answers in return.

Now back to your regularly scheduled hand analyses.

This is of course very true, Mind if i could give you all this information I probabalily will no longer need you guys to help me out with these hand reviews.

Grade b

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 12:23 AM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2011
blinds 75/150 the guy has 330 chips left he has no choice but to push any ace. You played it right. He might as well could've had KJo K 10, etc. unlucky flop though. Good protection reraise to shut out hand behind u and take the bb's dead money.
Keep it up sir. Peace out!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com