Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Live training for 150+ VPP is just bull!

Old
Live training for 150+ VPP is just bull! - Wed Nov 23, 2011, 06:28 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
I can finally attend 1 or 2 and i find out they require 150+ VPP, come on nice way to waste a training since most players here dont make 150+ VPP on the small stakes.

Ive lost 90 dollars and got 60 VPP in return and im still not able to watch them, way to go

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 06:45 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
BronzeStar
wow i did not know this and find it harsh, i see your point of view, will be nice to see what reply you get from a mod, it is a shame u cannot transfer vpp points to other players like u can cash, because i would help u out here and send u the 90 you need if any mod can make this possible please feel free to deduct my vpp points.

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 07:31 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTiberxX View Post
I can finally attend 1 or 2 and i find out they require 150+ VPP.........
The majority of Live Training sessions are open to all and do not require VPP's to attend. There is a small number of more advanced sessions that do however require PSO members to have the required amount of points to attend.

If you check out the calendar you will see that the sessions that require points are clearly indicated:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/edu...ining/overview

I am not qualified to answer why the points are required but I have made one of the Live Trainers aware of your query and I'm sure he will give you a definite answer as soon as posible.

Raiser

Last edited by royalraise85; Wed Nov 23, 2011 at 07:33 AM.. Reason: Included Link

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 07:50 AM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
I can't enter them neither but I would pay anything up to $1 instead

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 07:54 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
*** Moved royalraise85***

This was moved because it's more a PSO support query than a Pokerstar one.

Raiser

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 08:10 AM
(#6)
why not just make it 20+vpp, i think 90% of the 20+ vpp players never make it to 150+

and the live training session will only interest about 3-5 people in the 150+ vpp range

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 10:55 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
Dear Everyone,

I have attended some of the 150 VPP trainings and they do cover some more advanced skills as well as a higher buy-in level than would be required for someone who does not have 150 vpp's. (I didnt know/have an understanding of some of the topics covered so will be attending future trainings at this level too.

The buy in (for which the training is covering) is for $7 which at a bare minium would require us to have a bankroll of $700 to play them.

More importantly we should probly played a fair number of games at a lower level.

75 games of 3.50 STT would get us the points needed. As would 150 $1.50 STT's.

I not saying I agree with putting the Limit on the training, but i can at least see an argument for it.

PSO has 9 trainings planned for this week and 2 of them require you to have 150's. Both of them are today.

Its a pain if you can only attend on a Wednesday, but i Believe in furture months the day will be switched around.

At this moment in time 11am Eastern time 10 people have signed up for the first training.

Grade b

Last edited by Grade b; Wed Nov 23, 2011 at 11:02 AM..

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 12:23 PM
(#8)
(Head Trainer)
Hi all,

The VPP restrictions have gone into place starting in November, it will only be select days/topics and that will rotate so all days/topics will go through each restriction level over time.

VPP restrictions levels will be:

0+ (Trainings will generally feature 2NL cash games and micro stakes sng's and mtt's up to $1)
20+ (Trainings will generally feature 5NL-10NL cash games and $2-$5 sng's and mtt's)
150+ (Trainings will generally feature 25NL+ cash games and $6+ sng's and mtt's)

Theory classes will sometimes be run in place of play or review classes, with theory topic generally being applicable to the theme of that day.

The VPP restrictions will also rotate, so for instance in November the 150+ restriction is only on the Wednesday SNG classes, that will change in December however, Wednesday SNG will be in the 0+ category (no restriction). There will always be some classes offered each month with no VPP restriction (and it will rotate). The Sunday Specials won't ever have a VPP restriction.

We may be doing some tweeking on how we structure the vpp restricted class layouts in terms of the rotation, the offerings per day, etc... but the bottom line is these aren't going away.

Some thoughts about the 150vpp restricted classes:

-Yes attendance is lower than a 0 vpp class, but they are more well attended than just 3-5 people.

-Training will be more buy in level appropriate at times, as Grade b noted... if you are a 2NL player the value of watching stuff that takes place at 25NL+ is debatable. At the higher stake there are still fish but you will also run into opponents that are more sophisticated than what you find in the 2NL player pool, and trying to get your head around concepts to deal with those spots may not be appropriate yet and may put you in a situation where you confuse concepts and/or over apply them to your current level (it's best to learn to crawl, then walk, before you run).

-150/30 = 5 vpp/day. When you are ready to move up to the stakes that are generally covered by 150vpp sessions, you will not be having a problem earning those points.

-Barring technical issues, most of these sessions will be recorded and video archived, so if you are not currently earning 150vpp's, when the time comes that you are, you will be able to view the videos at that time.

-There will always be plenty of 0 vpp non-restricted classes available, as well as some 20+ each month.

Thanks,
Dave

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 05:19 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Can u try get somemore pro vids please covering low buy in mtt or trainers covering mtts ty.
Jude and Moneymakers mtt vids r great more please been the same vids for months now.
I know how to play good in $50 mtts but i cant afford them how do u play something like $1.10 4k gtd be nice to see some1 show how they do good in micro Mtts where anything goes can these be beat or is it just a luckfest coz i certainly need help in how to run deep in micro mtts.

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 10:42 PM
(#10)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEVpaul View Post
Can u try get somemore pro vids please covering low buy in mtt or trainers covering mtts ty.
Jude and Moneymakers mtt vids r great more please been the same vids for months now.
I know how to play good in $50 mtts but i cant afford them how do u play something like $1.10 4k gtd be nice to see some1 show how they do good in micro Mtts where anything goes can these be beat or is it just a luckfest coz i certainly need help in how to run deep in micro mtts.
Andy and Chris both have done micro stakes mtt trainings, I do member reviews of the same, that content is out there.

PS Pro vids I have no control over but as more are made I expect we'll be making them available to view. They make those pursuant to their contracts with PS and we are not privvy to those details.

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 11:19 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
I think most of us would agree that Pokerstars Pro does not always equate to great teachers.
In fact some of the best teachers have horrible or very little stats.

Other factor is the micros have changed a lot since many of them have played at that level.
The good Pokerstars Pros would be the grinders that chase the TLB.

Some times I think the best coaches are those that have just finished beating your level and are one step ahead of you in levels,of course a blend of good trainers as well.
Just my preference in learning.

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 11:55 PM
(#12)
Since: Apr 2011
Quote:
I can finally attend 1 or 2 and i find out they require 150+ VPP, come on nice way to waste a training since most players here dont make 150+ VPP on the small stakes.

Ive lost 90 dollars and got 60 VPP in return and im still not able to watch them, way to go
it may seem harsh ,but please dont take this wrong ,i tried to get 150 vpps a few months back ,for the prem league ,it cost me over a hundred ,but i did get the 150,then two months ago i did the 150 vpps with $ 25 ,there are some great live training classes that can help you improve and play a smarter game,the classes are much better way to improve your game ,and are fun ,somtimes we get of track with some humour but the trainers crack there wips and we get back on track ,lol there are some great tools here to help that are free

Old
Wed Nov 30, 2011, 05:04 AM
(#13)
aaaand another wednesday, same problem, why dont the shedule these on another day this week T.T

Old
Wed Nov 30, 2011, 12:27 PM
(#14)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
aaaand another wednesday, same problem, why dont the shedule these on another day this week T.T
As explained, it's a monthly rotation. Wednesdays will be 0 vpp level in December.

Old
Thu Dec 15, 2011, 06:36 AM
(#15)
ok so i finally have time for live training this thursday and now they are both sheduled for thursday,

comeon

why dont you plan 1 150 vpp training and 1 free training in an evening 2 days a week instead of 1 day with 2 150 vpps.

i give up i will never get to watch the trainings

Old
Thu Dec 15, 2011, 02:05 PM
(#16)
(Head Trainer)
Hi Tiber,

I'm sorry this hits your personal schedule availability and you don't have the required vpp's. You asked for it to be changed to a different day than Wednesday, and we did!

Seriously, the schedule rotation won't always fit for the schedule of every single person every single day, but by rotating the days that are restricted monthly and the topic days quarterly, every topic and every restriction level will hit every time slot over the course of a year. Hopefully this will allow those who have personal scheduling conflicts on specific days or times to get chances to catch their favorite topics live, and of course you'll be able to view these at a later time in the video archive... keep coming to the live trainings that you can attend, watch what's archived, and focus on the topics and concepts to incorporate them into your game, and you will start finding it easier and easier to earn the vpp's each month as you'll start returning more positive results.

As for splitting the days, it might be something we try down the road but for now this is how we'll be running it. Honestly that won't resolve your problem, no matter how we schedule them the next time you have a free time slot and it's 150vpp restricted, you're not going to like it. The only real solution is to get your game to a point where earning the vpp's each month isn't a 2nd thought, and that's what we hope to be a regular bi-product of what we're trying to do as trainers, help the members learn to make better, more informed decisions which translates into better long term results and success, which will lead you to playing more volume, and having more fun, and as a bi-product clearing more vpp's to the point where you don't have to sweat those any more.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by TheLangolier; Thu Dec 15, 2011 at 02:07 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com