Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Forum Games

Old
Forum Games - Wed Nov 23, 2011, 11:21 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
After a suggestion from Sandtrap777 about a tournament for our forum contributors was discussed by the staff, here is the conclusion at this point.

PSO is willing to look at getting behind a tournament by sponsoring in a prize or package.

PSO would like you, the forum contributors, to start something going in this particular forum, where only logged on members can read. (guests are unable to read this forum) So you can post passwords here for private tournaments. These tournaments can't take place in Home Games, but must be created by a member who has the required lifetime VPP's in the Private Tourney lobby on PokerStars.

We were doing this before Home Games started so it shouldn't be difficult to get some going. There are some going now that could easily be moved from a Home Game to a Private Tourney.

Look at a couple options when setting these up. For example, team play, or other interesting formats.

Once PSO determines that a tournament you guys start is successful in both participation and overall attitude in the forum, they will move forward.

So for now, the ball is in your court everyone. Once we have some interesting tournaments going, we'll be able to see what good stuff is in the closet.

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 11:49 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2010
I really like this idea and would try to support and participate if it gets going. Nice proposal Sandtrap.

I wasn't aware of what Dan is talking about in his response, private tourneys not in Home Games. Any more info on how to do this and 'lifetime VPPs' requirements would be useful.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 11:55 AM
(#3)
Deleted user
Nice to see credit going to where credit is deserved.

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 01:32 PM
(#4)
Sent a query to PS Support.

You require 2,000VPPs to be granted the privilege to set up private tournaments in PS client.

Further information was supplied as follows.

Please consider the points below when creating private tournaments:

1) Private tournaments are a "privilege" for our real money players and their friends. Private tournaments should not be "open" events with publicly available passwords, nor be created with the intention to advertise external websites. As such, neither private tournament names, nor lobby messages should contain a web address (URL) or email address, where tournament passwords can be located.

2) A password is required, and must be 6 characters or more. Passwords are also case-sensitive. The password must not be advertised in the tournament name or in lobby messages.

3) Stud games cannot be Pot Limit or No Limit.

4) We recommend tournaments be deployed several days in advance for better player attendance numbers. However events can be created with as little as 60 minutes notice.

5) For clarity, we recommend including the buy-in amount in the name of the event. For example: "Poker Babies $11". Otherwise, players will have to visit the tournament lobby to identify the buy-in amount.

6) The "Message in the tournament lobby" is optional. Any messages will be displayed in the upper-right panel of the tournament lobby.

7) Please keep all tournament fields free of inappropriate references, as PokerStars will cancel any event deemed to contain inappropriate communication. Players may also have their private tournament privileges revoked if abuse of the feature is detected.

8) A private tournament can only be canceled by its owner using the PokerStars software if there are no players registered. If one or more players are already registered, the event can only be canceled by a system administrator at PokerStars. Please email support@pokerstars.com in these circumstances.

9) All private tournaments are subject to the standard tournament rules and also PokerStars' Terms of Service for use of the software.

10) Tournaments you create will have a "standard structure" of 1500 starting chips and 15 minute blind levels.

11) Best of luck at the tables!

We would be remiss if we did not mention PokerStars Home Games. Home Games allows you to create your very own private poker club, where you can invite your friends to join, and allows you the options to create tournaments and ring games with a multitude of options, as well as many other attractive features you might be interested in. For more information about Home Games, please visit our website: http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/home-games/ Thank you for choosing PokerStars as the home of your private tournaments. Please let us know should you need further assistance.

Regards Pokerstars Support Team

I will consider setting up some tournaments for WET times, probably starting next month.

Good luck all

Ed from Edinburgh EdinFreeMan

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 01:36 PM
(#5)
duplicate - my bad

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Wed Nov 23, 2011 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: duplicated

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 01:41 PM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
So anyone know any member who has the required lifetime VPP's in the Private Tourney lobby on PokerStars.

If so get that ball rolling

What is the required lifetime VPP ?

Last edited by m.bisland; Wed Nov 23, 2011 at 01:47 PM..

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 01:47 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.bisland View Post
So anyone know any member who has the required lifetime VPP's in the Private Tourney lobby on PokerStars.

If so get that ball rolling

I do have the VPPs m.bisland, which is why I am looking into it for WET timeframe. I'm sure Sandtrap will have and many others too. I'm not promising anything yet as I want to check out the details and technical stuff. I'll post here if I set up a trial tourney.

Any suggestions for preferred buy in levels / days / suitable times / frequency would be welcome. As you can see from the above the tournaments are fixed structure wise.

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 01:59 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Well i think WET timezone is great for us but what about other members. I think the best thing we could do here is setup a home game 1st and get everyone into it that wants to be involved. Whilst this is going on start a thread on buy ins and days that will suit most. Once this is accomplished message all users involved and we all move over to the private tourneys. I think this can work we just need someone that has the time to do it.

Just an idea as we gotta start somewhere right

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 02:00 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Trial tourney u should start off with a small buy in.

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 02:19 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.bisland View Post
Trial tourney u should start off with a small buy in.
It appears the range of buy ins available are:

$1.00+$0.10
$3.00+$0.30
$5.00+$0.50
$10.00+$1.00
$20.00+$2.00
$30.00+$3.00
$50.00+$5.00
$100.00+$9.00
$200.00+$15.00
$500.00+$30.00

I think the lower end of the range would definitely be the way to go.

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 02:22 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
I think the $1 is a great start as these are the buy in in most homegames. Also most people can afford this and i think more people will register.

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 02:24 PM
(#12)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
The other place I am at the forum teams up with the skin, the skin adds $500 and the forum gives a list of people to be issued a FREE ticket

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 03:23 PM
(#13)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
I really like this idea and would try to support and participate if it gets going. Nice proposal Sandtrap.

I wasn't aware of what Dan is talking about in his response, private tourneys not in Home Games. Any more info on how to do this and 'lifetime VPPs' requirements would be useful.

Early on in the existence of this 'NEW' PSO, Cowboy ( 19honu62 ) created the 'COWBOYS CORRAL'
This was a 'Private' password protected series of games, which attracted quite a number of players.

The Tuesday night game was also Broadcast on 'Spazz Radio' Commentated by JDean with guest commentators each week.

These Tuesday night games were particularly well attended and attracted a few PokerStars pro's Nanonoko being the first to participate. Rod RW0007 was particularly good at getting these pro's to participate.

It would be brilliant if these games could be reinstated.

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 03:29 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Would be great to see something like this happen

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 03:31 PM
(#15)
Deleted user
As long as every one is welcome,the discrimination of other groups is a major turn off.

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 03:36 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
I can think of 1 or 2 that aren't welcome

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 03:41 PM
(#17)
Since: Feb 2011
Like certain presidents and bugs bunny rivals? Oh and of course all US players

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 04:03 PM
(#18)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnestegg View Post
.... Oh and of course all US players
Ouch. Right in the gut.

On a couple points made already. Like I mentioned, the attitude in the forum in these games needs to be as successful as the participation. Nobody wants to hear that players are being excluded if they've done nothing wrong. This starts by having quality leadership in these. I for one think Ed is a great choice to get one going...as many members will be.

As a member speaking, PSO just started the Member of the Week promo, handing out a great prize package every week to a forum contributor. Some of the promotions and offers have just been awesome. To hear negative comments about these, and on possibly giving away even more, is somewhat offsetting to me and I'm sure others.

I think this will be a great build for the community as it starts, and in the end will see some great support from PSO. But that's just little ol' me.

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 04:26 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
I disagree if there are warts, or exploits in these promotions they need to be addressed, not told look at what they are doing, we should all be thankful. I think its a great idea, but as others have pointed out it has its faults. These new promotions have 0 impact on me, damn free country I live in I like this promo, it is a great opp for many people, but I hope it does not turn into a popularity game, and result in people spamming the forum with thats nice, now look at my post (link provided) etc.. Hopefully this gets new people to join our forum ( I saw one post that a person joined because of this) but I hope their dreams dont get trashed by this turning into a who is the most popular and new players feeling like they have 0 chance to win this

Anyways keep on trying to improve the place, nobody is against that

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 05:53 PM
(#20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Curran View Post
Early on in the existence of this 'NEW' PSO, Cowboy ( 19honu62 ) created the 'COWBOYS CORRAL'
This was a 'Private' password protected series of games, which attracted quite a number of players.

The Tuesday night game was also Broadcast on 'Spazz Radio' Commentated by JDean with guest commentators each week.

These Tuesday night games were particularly well attended and attracted a few PokerStars pro's Nanonoko being the first to participate. Rod RW0007 was particularly good at getting these pro's to participate.

It would be brilliant if these games could be reinstated.

I hadn't realised this was the original format of Cowboy's Corral Bill, before my time here I suppose.

It sounds like it was great and I am wondering why it disappeared? I know Cowboy's running the Corral through Home Games now so maybe that was the catalyst for change.

When you say it attracted quite a number of players and Tuesdays were particularly well attended, can you give ballpark figures?

Cheers

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com