Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

How would u guys have played this hand??

Old
How would u guys have played this hand?? - Wed Nov 23, 2011, 11:23 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
Hello team pokerstars. I'm not sure if i played the following hand right and wanted some advice from the best out there.
I’m on a 9 man SNG, 7 players eliminated, I was HU against a somewhat passive opponent. Stack sizes were even (6725), the blinds were 200/400.
- Preflop: I was dealt Kc6d on the BTN and opened for 1125, he calls.
- The flop comes 5KKr, he checks, I bet 1000, he calls (I thought he put me on a bluff).
- The turn comes a 3, I bet 2000 and he shoves, It made my head spin since he was not a raiser. I was pot committed so I called.
- The river is a 10. He turned pocket 3s giving him a full house. Did the hand played itself and was it inevitable, or did i value bet too big, did i get unlucky... Was this fullhouse impossible to read, i mean i thought the turn card was a brick and he was floating me, putting me on a complete bluff. I was hoping he had pocket Aces.
Just wanted to know how u guys would’ve played this hand to avoid getting destacked. Thanks a lot.
PEACE OUT!

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 11:25 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
by the way no flush or straight on the board so I was wary of calling, 'cause the only thing I could beat at this point was a stone cold bluff by a passive opponent??? not likely, I had to make a crying call knowing I was beat

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 12:01 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
*** Closed due to duplicate post JWK24***

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com