Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

my posts removed

Old
my posts removed - Wed Nov 23, 2011, 12:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
BronzeStar
lmao tried to post and had it removed because in my opinion i know the truth about online poker,this post willprobably be removed as well lmao scammers

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 01:10 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
You mad bro

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 01:14 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxjojo View Post
lmao tried to post and had it removed because in my opinion i know the truth about online poker,this post willprobably be removed as well lmao scammers
Member of the week application?????

Missing item:

Brain.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeman

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 01:33 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
Member of the week application?????

Missing item:

Brain.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeman

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 01:38 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Welcome to the PSO Forum, maxjojo.

Unfortunately, you counterfeited your statement by pairing your "opinion" with "truth." I didn't see the post that was removed, but I assume it had something to do with online poker being rigged to rip people off. Or, maybe you were more specific and said that PokerStars was a scam. Sorry, those posts are going to be deleted. Also, they're not factually accurate. Unless of course you have proof to back up the "truth" of your opinion. Someone hitting a one-outter against you is not proof.

Anyway, good luck out there.

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 02:01 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Oh my! PokerStars is rigged? Online poker is crooked?

Somebody is playing that old record once again. Not true. If so, where is the site's incentive to cheat? Consider:

1 --- An excellent dealer in a live game does 33 to 35 hands an hour. Such places are profitable when dealers average 28 to 30 hands an hour. Online poker averages over 50 hands an hour per table. Without a cheat, their revenue stream is 50% higher.

2 --- Random cards equals honest games. If any deal is honest, there is always a chance that a card within the deck will appear. This is live or online. The only time that isn't true is if the probability of winning is 100% before the river. To put it a better way, pocket aces will lose in a one-on-one situation 15% of the time.

I'll say it again, if you believe the site is "rigged," the fool is the person who knows it and continues playing. The "dummies" are the rest of the membership. Guess which of us is the fool, fool.

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 02:12 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
Have to say erasing these posts right away is going to attract attention.
Debunking the issue is pretty easy but I think erasing it just adds fire to the issue.

Most of us feel that online is not rigged and what is being experienced by OP is variance.
But I think the door should always be open for discussion,since things do change and its important
to be able to talk openly with out fear of being persecuted.

It would only help Pokerstars to have a member speak his mind and then have to prove it against other peoples reasoning. Casting a shadow over the issue tends to multiple the problem.

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 02:21 PM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Yeah dont like just erasing it, much more I prefer a healthy debate. If it gets out of hand just close it. I did not see the original post , maybe it was way out of line... dont know, if it was fine delete it, but if it is just saying stars is rigged leave it open

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 05:22 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
I do believe I should have prefaced my earlier comment with the statement that I thought the same thing. The theory going around the site was that the monster hands were "fixed" to always lose to somebody playing trash. This would eliminate players faster, which guaranteed the site more revenue through rakes and fees. After losing three monster pairs in a row, I was ready to join those yelling rigged.

The difference between me and these other players was my need for verifiable evidence. I wanted the evidence to prove my claims. So I recorded every Group One and Group Two hand dealt to me. Then I did the unthinkable; I uploaded the information to the forum.

Six months later, a surprising thing happened. Instead of proving the site cheated, I did the exact opposite. My numbers supported the site's random number generator as just that, random. Those results mirrored what I learned were the normal distribution close enough that I can attribute the differences to personal results.

It taught me that human nature is our greatest enemy when it comes to facts while playing any game involving an element of luck. Don't believe me? Take this simple test. Can you recall the last time pocket aces lost for you? If you are like me, you'll recall the board, what the villian had, and if it eliminated you from the game. Now do the reverse and recall the last time pocket aces won. Unless it just happened, the answer is most likely no. When the results are what we anticipate, (pocket aces winning), we tend to forget, but if the unlikely happens, every detail remains vivid.

My factual data, as well as all information regarding its collection, is still available on this site. If anyone believes PokerStars is rigged, I suggest they check out that thread. If I'm wrong, you can dispute my findings, but do so with verifiable facts, not conjecture.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...ole-card-stats.

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 05:27 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
Cairn thats all fair and good.

But you called some one a fool for not believing in what you believe in.
To me that is a attitude we need to change in this forum.

You cant get a addict to quit,they need to do it for themselves. I look at this issue needing the same guidance. You muzzle those with opposing views and you no longer have a need for discussion.In turn you have no need for a forum.

I know that I am a pest but I will always speak my mind and if that is a crime here,I think the mods already have the next step planned out for me. Good game.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com