Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Member Blogs / Member of the Month /

pokerstar671 applys for member of the week

Old
pokerstar671 applys for member of the week - Wed Nov 23, 2011, 08:58 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Poker History
I have been playing poker since I was a kid but the only game I knew was five card draw.
In 2007 my friend and I were playing posoy dos(I think its a filipino card game) at my house for cigarette money and after the game he wanted me to learn how to play texas hold em. So I learned, he taught me some stuff, and then he introduced me to my neighbor who had a friendly .05./.10c game on the weekends. I had a great time with them drinking beers lighting up the whacky tabacky(mostly me and my friend doing this) and playing cards. We played all kinds of variations of poker it was great. They taught me most of the games I know now.

After a few months he told me the local radio station was hosting a free tournament online. I didn't even know they had poker online. So I joined the site a week ahead of time played a couple freerolls and started reading up to prepare for this event. Guess who came in second I was so proud of myself my friend didn't believe me when I told him then I showed him my account and he was like no way dude $150 bucks! I was like yea man. Couple weeks later they hosted another one but I bubbled in 4th. Well I didn't have a clue and lost it all.

After all this I was hooked. My other neighbor ran a friendly $10 buy in game on the weekends a few months later different group of people but we were all buddies. Usually 6-10 of us. Sometimes we were allowed a rebuy and no add-on. One player wins unless we decided to split it up if only two of us were left(this happened most of the time). Blinds were timed 15minutes. Once in a while my friend would invite other friends and family and have two tables going which was great he had a the fancy cards, the fancy chips, and tables and everything. We never played cash games here.

Some time after that I found Poker Stars and played freerolls for a little more than a year. I made my first deposit in 2009 after trying to figure out for a long time how to get money online. Deposited $19 through a prepaid card. But that didn't last long less than a week later I made a deposit of $98 sat at $.50/1.00 table and nearly lost it all the same day. I had no clue what I was doing for the longest time.

Since playing on Poker Stars I've only won a few tournaments mostly at the smallest stakes but in my opinion they are great achiements. Like when I won the face book .10c that was awesome. Taking 4th in the .55c $500 GTD felt good. Getting third in the Weekly Round Two. And my biggest score winning the PCA FANTASY FREEROLL for a 15k package last year. I felt so proud winning this a field of over 17,000 players. But any tournament I make final table in with over 2k players makes me feel awesome. Who knows what my next great achievment will be but I know there is more to come.

I forgot to mention I've only played two tournaments for over $50 in real life got third made a score of $300 bucks it was a small charity tournament to help someones family so all the money didnt go to the prizepool but it was really a good experience when I was still new to the game. Taking third in another local tournament hosted where I'm living now was very satifying only top three were paid out of around 30. I didnt win alot because most of the money went to first but it felt really nice. It was another charity type of event so prizes werent so big but it was fun. Those were the only real live tournaments I have ever played other then $10 games back home with my neighbors.

Well best lesson I've learned in poker is to play what you can afford and practice bankroll management. I've learned this lesson the hard way so many times. A few times it made me sick to my stomach and I couldn't believe I was making this mistake over and over. You have to also keep trying to improve your game just because you win a big tournament don't think that your so great because they game is always changing. And never tilt( still working on this ).

How do I improve my game?
Well mostly by playing and learning from experience but thats not enough in my opinion. I'm always studying.

When I first started poker I have been on my own with no help at all.

When I found the Poker School Online Site I learned so much from here. I learned about bankroll management but never put it into practice. I'm still learning alot from the forums, videos, training sessions, and the awesome people who take out there time to help me improve my game. Without this site I would still be in the dark.

So here I am starting a blog which will help keep me on track and maybe help others who have the same problems as me.

UPDATE! for Feburary

My new FORUM POST http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...673#post338673 asking about what you have learned from PSO and if being a member here has improved your game. Please respond to this I'm really interested to hear what you got to say.

My new BLOG POST http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=24867 about what I would do with $5k if I won WBCOOP. If your interested.

I have twitter and promoting my blog through it. If any one wants to follow me on twitter my name is ThePokerFish1. http://twitter.com/#!/ThePokerFish1

Good luck on the tables all!

Also why should I be Member Of The Month because I deserve it! I've been a member here for a while now and if I played The Saturday Line Up ill try my best not to let you guys down! hehehe

Anyways good luck every one! Thanks for taking your time to check this out!

**FEB MoM REQUIREMENTS MET**

Last edited by JDean; Wed Feb 22, 2012 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: To remove out dated links for clarity

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 09:24 PM
(#2)
BronzeStar
Good luck!!

Old
Wed Nov 23, 2011, 09:54 PM
(#3)
Thanks guys Im try my best to take this $10 and never look back.
Hope people find my blog and upcoming blogs interesting.

Last edited by pokerstar671; Wed Nov 23, 2011 at 10:22 PM..

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 01:20 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Missing Items in Application:

- No forum post link

Please provide the missing items to complete your application post.

Thank You.

**REQUIREMENTS MET**

Last edited by JDean; Thu Nov 24, 2011 at 04:40 PM..

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 12:02 PM
(#5)
I posted a link to my first ever recorded and completed challenge/achievement in the forums. Hope this is ok

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 04:41 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
yup, perfect!

Good luck!

Old
Sun Nov 27, 2011, 04:44 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
I've always enjoyed reading your comments and blogs pokerstar, so it's nice to be able to have a chance to tell you that, now that there's this contest.

Didn't realize you won a trip to the Bahamas last year ... WOW! Congrats!! Some nice prizes you've won over the years.

Good luck with MOTW!

Last edited by TrustySam; Sun Dec 04, 2011 at 11:17 AM.. Reason: Took out link

Old
Sun Dec 04, 2011, 05:55 AM
(#8)
Thanks Trusty Sam sorry I must have deleted the post I cant find it now. Oh well I just posted Pt.2 of my Blog $10 deposit. I hope when they post it up you will find it it interesting.

Ill try to remember to put a link here.

Good Luck!!
Happy Holidays!!!

Old
Sun Dec 04, 2011, 11:23 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Very nice read pokerstar!!

Those higher buy-ins can be tempting, eh? Hard to know when it's time to move up. That question's a story I think we can all relate to

GL with your Cowboy's Challenge, MOTW, the Step ticket you won for completing the November Cowboy's challenge, and all your other poker endeavors!

Sam

Old
Good luck - Sun Dec 04, 2011, 12:22 PM
(#10)
Since: Aug 2011
ChromeStar
Did you have to use the same Posting Title !?

JUST KIDDING !!!!

This is a fantastic read and a great application !!

I have read a lot of your posts and truly one of the more classy people on here !!!

All the best !!

Ski(n)ny

Old
Sun Dec 04, 2011, 01:01 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Hi!

Applications for week #4 are now open.

Please indicate by posting on your thread some time this week that you want to take part in week #4 (assuming you do not win week #3 that is! )
If you are no longer interested in participating, a note on that is helpful as well.

A couple of helpful tips to increase your chances:

1) Update the links in your application thread.

New forum posts and blog posts tend to be more active than older ones, so replacing out dated links to threads which have run their course can help your score.
Make sure you update your application post itself, and not just post new links in the thread!

2) Try to make your content and style of posts as interesting as possible.

Not only does a compelling blog or forum thread generate more interest for the reader (thus more views), your MOW links will be judged on style and content too; the more interesting they are, the better those scores are likely to be!

3) Try to keep the links to your Week #4 blog and forum post submission near the top of your Face Book and Twitter pages.

The more people you can reach via Social Media, the better chance there is you will generate intrest in your posts. If you let your links slip down your Social media pages, fewer people will see them.

Good Luck!

-JDean

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 07:31 AM
(#12)
Hey guys thanks for your positive feedback and encouragement means alot to me. Good luck at the tables.

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 07:45 AM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post
Hi!

Applications for week #4 are now open.

Please indicate by posting on your thread some time this week that you want to take part in week #4 (assuming you do not win week #3 that is! )
If you are no longer interested in participating, a note on that is helpful as well.

New forum posts and blog posts tend to be more active than older ones, so replacing out dated links to threads which have run their course can help your score.
Make sure you update your application post itself, and not just post new links in the thread!

Not only does a compelling blog or forum thread generate more interest for the reader (thus more views), your MOW links will be judged on style and content too; the more interesting they are, the better those scores are likely to be!

3) Try to keep the links to your Week #4 blog and forum post submission near the top of your Face Book and Twitter pages.

The more people you can reach via Social Media, the better chance there is you will generate intrest in your posts. If you let your links slip down your Social media pages, fewer people will see them.

Good Luck!

-JDean

Thank you for the info
Will do as soon as possible.

Old
Mon Dec 05, 2011, 10:27 AM
(#14)
I would like to reapply for week #4. But I cannot find my latest blog in the blogs section.

Old
Wed Dec 07, 2011, 04:49 AM
(#15)
BronzeStar
What is the title of the latest blog post, and when did you put it in for approval?

Old
Wed Dec 07, 2011, 05:36 AM
(#16)
The title is $10 Deposit Pt. 2.

Not sure when I put it in for approval think it was sometimes during the weekend but I edited it slightly yesterday.

Old
Wed Dec 07, 2011, 03:35 PM
(#17)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
Hiya 671

I see nothing on the back-end so not sure where you Blog post is or if ya didn't hit summit or not?

At this point i would say resubmitted your blog post and we will get it Live ASAP

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

Brian

Last edited by TOO2COO; Wed Dec 07, 2011 at 03:38 PM..

Old
Sat Dec 10, 2011, 12:18 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
pokerstar671, still just seeing pt 1 ... hopefully it didn't go 'pouf' out in cyber space?

Will check back later to see if it's posted.

GL with MOTW!!

Old
Sat Dec 10, 2011, 02:49 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
**Wk #4 REQUIREMENTS MET**

(There is no rule against using an older blog post)

Old
Mon Dec 12, 2011, 04:02 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Hi!

Applications for week #5 are now open.

Please indicate by posting on your thread some time this week that you want to take part in week #5 (assuming you do not win week #3 that is! )

3) Try to keep the links to your Week #5 blog and forum post submission near the top of your Face Book and Twitter pages.

Good Luck!

-JDean

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com