Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

well this sucked !

Old
well this sucked ! - Thu Nov 24, 2011, 08:04 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
BronzeStar

My reason for shipping them in a raiser and 2 callers, if i ship and get the opp that raised to call im happy with that the 2 callers showed weakness from my point of view and if they all fold im happy to pick up the pot, then the opp shows aces im like wtf? why flat call with aces with still players to act behind you?i think he played them aces really bad even though he won the hand if he had put a proper raise in i would of just folded my jacks, why didn't i reraise well theres a raiser and 2 callers i felt like i would of had to put a good size bet in and if any over cards hit the flop im just throwing chips away, why didnt i just flat call because i had pocket jacks and felt like this was just a set mining play and there not a small pocket pair they had more value than that.
Is my thinking correct here or have i gone from nit to maniac?

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 08:20 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2011
sure throw your 60 BB in here with pocket jacks, its not a top hand, you should of just called the 150 in my opinion

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 08:25 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
SilverStar
I would three bet too, but I wouldn't put 100+ bbs in.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 08:33 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
but then your playing JJ as if u were playing 55 how can that be good equity theres only 3 hands that can be beating you pef qq kk aa the 5x raiser was a spazz as shown with his call the 2 callers behind him why flat call? i put them on AQ AJ TT 99 and so on flat calling aces after a raise and a caller was just nuts how could i read that.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 08:38 AM
(#5)
Quite frankly i didn't bother that jibber jabber you put under the hand because first 2 lines made my head hurt.

Raise to 800, fold to reraise. Simple as that

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 08:47 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
jibber jabber how can u say that im giving you all the info i can for help in my play why bother reply to me if u cant be bothered to read why i did what i did!!!!!!!

Think i can do without your advise in future in 39 not some kid u can bully

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 08:53 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPest72 View Post
jibber jabber how can u say that im giving you all the info i can for help in my play why bother reply to me if u cant be bothered to read why i did what i did!!!!!!!

Think i can do without your advise in future in 39 not some kid u can bully
Nope, you don't provide usefull info there but some complaining and whining. According to fundamental theorem of poker he played his hand perfectly (he really couldn't play it better in any way).
I also gave you a solid advice right there.

Aa for me "bullying" you, apparently I can (even though that was never my intention).

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 08:59 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
complaining and whining dude i am not. all the info i posted was to take u through my thinking during the play how is that not usefull? then to post jibber jabber is just bad manners is this how u make new forum members feel welcome?

your quote from yesterday Knowing difference between bad play and bad beat is whole different matter though.

Its like u have a stick or your arse what was my reply thanks
We call that to belittle someone

Last edited by PokerPest72; Thu Nov 24, 2011 at 09:09 AM..

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 09:02 AM
(#9)
3 hands better then you not quite.

AA KK QQ beat you
AK AQ KQ makes it a coinflip

thats already 6.

AJ KJ QJ could be risky as well.
TT 99 88 77 66 55 44 33 22 only need 1 card to beat you.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 09:15 AM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPest72 View Post
complaining and whining dude i am not. all the info i posted was to take u through my thinking during the play how is that not usefull? then to post jibber jabber is just bad manners is this how u make new forum members feel welcome?

your quote from yesterday Knowing difference between bad play and bad beat is whole different matter though.

Its like u have a stick or your arse what was my reply thanks
We call that to belittle someone
I never claimed to be a nice guy, but the guy who is giving solid and good advice. It's your choice whether you get a horrible advice, but with a pat on the back or good one but with a spanking.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 09:21 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTiberxX View Post
3 hands better then you not quite.

AA KK QQ beat you
AK AQ KQ makes it a coinflip

thats already 6.

AJ KJ QJ could be risky as well.
TT 99 88 77 66 55 44 33 22 only need 1 card to beat you.
not really m8 even vs AK equity is about 56% vs 44% not quiet a flip

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 09:32 AM
(#12)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
hey pest this is the newer improved Puciek, If you think this is bad treatment read his older posts lol, and you may hate the messenger, but dont hate the message... its usually bang on

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 10:08 AM
(#13)
BronzeStar
lol roomik and thanks for the info m8

And another win in a sng while i was typing in here to him so he,s brought me some luck
i will buy him a virtual beer see if i can win him over lol

Last edited by PokerPest72; Thu Nov 24, 2011 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: update

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 10:25 AM
(#14)
56 vs 44 is a coin flip for me lol

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 10:37 AM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Quote:
56 vs 44 is a coin flip for me lol
Lol m8 im not quiet sure perhaps, perhaps not we would have to ask one of the maths guys to me i would say around 52% vs 48% is a coin flip but perhaps 56% vs 44% is close enough to be classed as a flip, but if i was gonna win the hand 56 times outa 100 hundred vs AK then im just edging it as a small favourite.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 10:40 AM
(#16)
sure any pair vs 2 overcards is a small favorite because its already a made hand.

56 to 44 is like a 1.22 to 1 or something, not big of a difference if you put it in small numbers

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 10:53 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Quote:
sure any pair vs 2 overcards is a small favorite because its already a made hand.

56 to 44 is like a 1.22 to 1 or something, not big of a difference if you put it in small numbers

Wow i have never looked at it that way, and when u put it into small numbers like that dude your alot more advanced than me lol, Thanks for showing me something new.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 12:17 PM
(#18)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
100% correct

That's a great example of why you want to isolate having only one opponent. If there are more in the hand, the worse your odds will be.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com