Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

software cheats

Old
software cheats - Thu Nov 24, 2011, 11:33 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
BronzeStar
pokerstars need to stamp out the software cheats,i have seen this myself and could not beleive it,people using advanced poker calculaters that can even predict 3 of the 5 outs in the middle hmmm,software that tells u what peoples skills are and how they play,software that shows your mucks,how you suppose to play against that? so the next time your aces get called by 57 and you get donked report that player hes/shes probably using cheat software.this is the truth and probably post will be removed,opinions please

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 11:53 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
ignorance is bliss....

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 01:57 PM
(#3)
I feel your pain, Maxjojo. I honestly do.

I have read that Pokerstars has a "friendly" list of these programs they allow to run alongside their software. I am sure they are always testing such programs/software they are aware of to insure that they are legit and staying within Pokerstars set of rules/standards of not giving the person using them an over whelming edge over other players on their site. On the other hand I honestly believe there are programs out there that are being tested and successfully ran alongside Pokerstars software that can not be detected or will ever be detected for that matter. It is human nature to want the definitive edge when it comes to competition/playing with others. If there is a way to get the upper hand someone will eventually figure it out.
The amount of money and time that Pokerstars and other sites must spend to insure their site is completely secure/fair at all times has to be astronomical and a logistical nightmare, but in the long run both are just an expense of doing business to insure their clients are getting the very best and most secure site they can provide. But like I had mentioned already they will never ever in this lifetime be able to detect every single program that someone is working on or completed and are using successfully to gain that edge over others.
For them to totally ban each and every one of these programs in my mind would make it 100 times worse than you are thinking it is now.
Technology has come so far and fast over the years that if we are going to compete with players that use these programs to gain that edge, we must keep an open mind and be willing to use them also.

Like the old saying goes "Can't beat'em, Join'em" and hope that everything is on the up and up when we do finally do join'em.
Companies that want to stand the test of time will create a solid image of what we want to always believe to be honest and up standing, it only makes sense to do that if they/we want to succeed. Look at what happened in the United States with the financial Institutes, so many people believed everything was okay and running on a solid foundation and trust worthy, but we all know that was so far from the truth.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 02:04 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
If you think this mythical software is available, by all means, feel free to start using it yourself.

Here's the link that will tell you what software is and is not allowed. http://www.pokerstars.net/poker/room/terms/prohibited/

In online and live poker, at the showdown, if your opponent flips over the winning hand and you choose to muck your hand, the opponent can ask to see your cards. The way to do this online is by hitting the hand re-player in the top left corner of your table. You can do this as well. It's the ONLY way to see mucked cards.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 02:18 PM
(#5)
Are you honestly trying to make me believe in the ever going world of technology that some computer programmer/kid with a hell of a lot of computer experience with way to much time on their hands and is greedy enough and keeping it well disguised and to themselves and just messes around for the hell of it hasn't come up with something that will beat the house at their own game and is successfully doing it day in and day out without being detected?..if this is the case and with the utmost respect to your opinion, you my friend are extremely blinded by your own ignorance.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 02:29 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dertymcgerty View Post
Are you honestly trying to make me believe in the ever going world of technology that some computer programmer/kid with a hell of a lot of computer experience with way to much time on their hands and is greedy enough and keeping it well disguised and to themselves and just messes around for the hell of it hasn't come up with something that will beat the house at their own game and is successfully doing it day in and day out without being detected?..if this is the case and with the utmost respect to your opinion, you my friend are extremely blinded by your own ignorance.

lots of academic research has been done into developing poker bots and AI players, look it up on google, seriously. The conclusion... The amount of time and work it would take to program a a bot that could consistently win, AND not be detected by pokerstars (they have systems looking for players that behave like bots) would be much better spent simply learning and playing poker yourself.
I.e. anyone with enough time on their hands to program a winning bot, would earn more money by just using their time to play poker themselves..

Take off your tin foil hat..

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 02:41 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
I'm saying that if someone had created software to crack PokerStars and become a "super user" with the ability to see everyone's cards and know what the board would be before it was dealt and blah and blah and blah. Yes. I am saying that has not happened.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 03:07 PM
(#8)
Thank you for being so concerned with my choice of head wear, Tomcrockpot.

With over 7 billion people on this planet and growing each and every second we breathe, someone somewhere HAS spent the time and IS successfully doing this undetected right under the noses of the best security that money can buy.

Curiosity and the needing the answer's to the "what if'" question's in life are what drives some people on this planet to do some really amazing things with their spare time even if they do not intend to financially gain from their endeavor's

Derty

Last edited by dertymcgerty; Thu Nov 24, 2011 at 03:23 PM..

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 03:30 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
Quote:

Curiosity and the needing the answer's to the "what if'" question's in life are what drives some people on this planet to do some really amazing things with their spare time even if they do not intend to financially gain from their endeavor's

Derty

I second that but you will find it is frowned upon here. Not so much Pokerstars but PSO seems to come down hard on it.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 03:38 PM
(#10)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Bots are a reality and a real problem. They are showing up on all poker sites, even Pokerstars.

Cheats that know what cards are coming.... nope. Pokerstars has a lot of security in place and it is very unlikely that anyone can predict exactly what the next card will be. You would probably need to be a world class group of hackers just to attempt it, and no doubt would be discovered in a short time anyways.

Yes though, there is software that does the math for you and organizes known information into easily interpreted 'heads up display' data.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 03:58 PM
(#11)
Quote:

Derty
What if I cross the street and a car hits me, so I better not cross the street
What if I die tomorrow, might as well spend all my money today
What if I lose all my money at poker, might as well never play the game
Some people are known to be paranoid and will never amount to much in life. Those people can't take chances and everything is negative around them

We can all imagine the worst, cheaters, bots, etc, but if you like the game, you'll enjoy playing it and if you suspect something wrong, you then report it to support and then continue enjoying the game.

There will always be people trying to find ways to screw people over, neighbor, friend, government. So what are you going to do? live in your mother's basement just because of "what if"

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 04:09 PM
(#12)
Deleted user
The paranoia stamp and tinfoil hat comments are mostly attempts to get people to be silent.
Its a stance one takes when they want to feel superior.

A open discussion never hurt any one,problem is when your on the unpopular side things can be a bit rough. You going to have people question your character because they think it is cool or want to fit in. Classic example is Germany WWII! Think we all wonder how people stood by as these acts where being
done.
Its never a easy ride being one that questions logic,human by nature have a tribal thinking.
So when you threaten the structure it causes issues.

Not endorsing your post,just think that we need more of a community that accepts other kinds of thought.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 04:16 PM
(#13)
Maxjojo and dertymcgerty welcome to the forum.

As to the possibility of software cheats that can predict the cards that are going to come,or hack into the system to see other players hole cards (BTW derty,MC is 100% correct in his post,on a mucked hand at the river ANYONE can see the mucked cards if they care to,no additional software program needed...) or the just the randomness of the shuffle on Pokerstars,which the two of you are calling into question in other posts,all I can say its this...

A. I hope to be able to play at the tables with the two of you sometime in the near future when US players are able to play on here for $ again.

B. I hope you are still fixated on extraneous factors and boogeymen which you can't control,and quite frankly you're using as mental/emotional "crutches" instead of working to improve YOUR decisions at the table.

Because A and B add up to...

C. Good for me,bad for you.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 04:25 PM
(#14)
Deleted user
Moxie you feel in with the group,so sad.
Guess you not responding to my pm should have been my clue.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 04:29 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post

A open discussion never hurt any one
Nope, it never has...

But it CAN get boring after a while.

Blah...blah...blah...

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 04:34 PM
(#16)
Quote:
The paranoia stamp and tinfoil hat comments are mostly attempts to get people to be silent.
Its a stance one takes when they want to feel superior.

A open discussion never hurt any one,problem is when your on the unpopular side things can be a bit rough. You going to have people question your character because they think it is cool or want to fit in. Classic example is Germany WWII! Think we all wonder how people stood by as these acts where being
done.
Its never a easy ride being one that questions logic,human by nature have a tribal thinking.
So when you threaten the structure it causes issues.

Not endorsing your post,just think that we need more of a community that accepts other kinds of thought.

When you want the other side of the argument to parse THEIR words when responding with how they truly feel about the people that come in here with accusations of the site being rigged or whatever then I'm sorry cookies but you're doing EXACTLY what you're accusing them of doing---trying to squelch expression. Can't have it both ways.

BTW I'm not forum digging savvy enough to find the thread but I distinctly remember you yourself responding to a "the site is rigged" post once with this reply---"HH or GTFO". Now do you think you were encouraging that player to keep being active in the forum with that response?

As far as the mods deleting posts that raise these issues,no I'm not cool with that either. Agree with you 100% IF that's the only thing in the posts that led to their removal. We don't know for sure that there wasn't an issue with bad language however and if that's the case then they should be deleted. But for raising an uncomfortable issue? No,not ever IMO.

And I'm not going to dignify the comparison,no matter how loosely,of Pokerstars with **** Germany (or the conclusion that the German people were aware of what was REALLY being done to the people that were loaded onto those trains...) with anymore of a response than this...

...are you effing kidding?

Come on dude,seriously. That's way out of bounds.

Now I'm off to the Harbaugh Bowl to watch something that's TRULY rigged--the NFL. (Have you seen some of the officiating this year? Think these guys day job is wearing sunglasses on a street corner selling pencils. )

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 04:42 PM
(#17)
Quote:
Moxie you feel in with the group,so sad.
Guess you not responding to my pm should have been my clue.

Ok I don't need a group to inform my opinion that anyone thinking that the site is rigged is just doing themselves a disservice. But if that's what they want to go with then hey, the more of them the merrier I say. Just makes it all the easier for the rest of us and I'll take any edge I can get.

As to the last PM you sent me I didn't see where a response was expected. Not like you posed a question or anything and I'm cool with what you had to say in it and where I disagree with you I had already expressed that to you. No need to re-hash it.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 04:56 PM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post
Nope, it never has...

But it CAN get boring after a while.

Blah...blah...blah...
After reading this comment, and most particularly the "blah blah blah" from someone who is supposed encourage others and to set a good example, I have to say I have lost a lot of respect for what this forum is really here to accomplish.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 05:37 PM
(#19)
Since: Sep 2010
Derty,

Looks like you'll be in the Premier League in December. When it exposes your leaks, you could do worse than look to the writings of JDean.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 06:49 PM
(#20)
Since: Jan 2011
I think the 'PokerStars is rigged' rant is a little different from questioning the sites (any sites) ability to defend against software cheating.

Anyone believing that any software/site is unhackable is as deluded as the 'rigged' posse.

I would think (hope) PokerStars is fighting a constant battle with such problems. Hope their winning the war, but for sure they're losing some battles.

And, no I'm not blaming hackers for my hideous loses

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com