Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

i,m finally making the right folds

Old
i,m finally making the right folds - Thu Nov 24, 2011, 11:58 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
BronzeStar

in a cash game b4 i joined this site this would of been an instant call for me, i,m ignoring the river

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 12:24 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Way to small c-bet, one of the easiest folds of KK OTF.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 12:28 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puciek View Post
Way to small c-bet, one of the easiest folds of KK OTF.
what kind of c bet should i of placed in that situation if u dont mind putting me right Puciek, i kept it small with it being 3 way pot

Thanks in advance

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 12:33 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
he wont mind putting you right at all lol

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 12:39 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I agree that I'd have made a larger c-bet. Probably a pot-sized bet. With the opp's raise and re-raise, it's an easy fold.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 12:40 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
he wont mind putting you right at all lol
Lol roomik..

it might look like an easy fold to u guys but i used to get married to big pocket pairs in cash games, for sure i would of called this a couple of weeks ago, thats why my bankroll had a built in yoyo

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 12:43 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Thanks JWK noted and it wont happen again.Next time i raise it proper

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 01:20 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
Well I agree about the cbet,you dont always need to lead out in these spots.

Have to remember that some players fold to weak bets sensing strength and others see it as weakness. Those same players tend to see strong bets in opposite order.
If you can figure out reads on them and I find this takes at least 40 hands,for me any ways.

If you running a tracker of some sort take a peak at their aggression and fold to cbet percentages.
A low aggression and high cbet fold percentage are a good spot to bet. If they call you can check it down due to their rarely calling anything post flop unless they had a good piece.

If you want to bet strong as a cbet try 75%-110% of the pot.
I only use 110% when I am facing a real drooler and he cant read bet sizing.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 03:39 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
well the manzan guy was making my hud glow up like a christmas tree so i guess i got lucky there being as he actually had a hand this time.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com