Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Vendettas

Old
Vendettas - Thu Nov 24, 2011, 01:08 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
This is for public record as well as to speak on mod behavior.

I have been raising a issue about the weekly promo from the start and I even contacted a mod who I believe to be the head of this promo and was ignored,or otherwise brushed off coldly.

I warned that their would be issue picking Effsea in the first week and how it would look to the forum.
As usual my words fell on deaf ears or eyes in this case and this mod picked his friend as the one to unroll the promo. Lets remember that this is my opinion as I would never be able to prove this.

I spoke out against this to make sure that other members saw what was going on and to force
the promo to be more fair for the next players to win. Nothing wrong with Effsea winning its just a bad idea to start with him when the forum is looking like a ole boys club.This pushes away any new members or people that have run ins with these individuals like myself.

So yesterday I was contacted by a mod and he quoted one of my opinions and said in a threatening tone that it stops now! The read in between the lines would be that I would be banned if I kept talking about the issue. So to protect myself from farther threats I turned off private message.

Lets remember here that the person telling me that I have voiced my opinion enough is also the same mod that spams the forum with promos. So how is it that my opinion is seen as spam and his multiple posts on a promo are not? Why is it that I speak my mind that a mod or two are soon to follow telling me I dont know what I am talking about and I am way off base!

I feel there is something deeply wrong in the core of PSO if this behavior is going to continue.
To kill a members voice is wrong,to protect yourselfs from the scrutiny is also wrong and worst is the old boys club feel of this forum.

I can post links that show some of these mods have been together for a long time and I am supposed to come to them if I have a issue? Please..

I applied to be a mod to keep things in check,but was handed a very cold email containing one sentence. I see mods selected because they are from different time zones and yet they offered the forum nothing before this.So I do see it as a slap in the face of not only me but those that want things to run fairly.

If you feel like giving me the hammer after reading this,by all means do your worst.
I wont be the last to speak on this issue and it wont end here in PSO!

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 01:29 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 01:54 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
I dont see the problem here as u can only win this once. If he dont win it now then i know for sure he deserves to at a later date. Good luck to everyone else this week.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 02:05 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
No offense but this is not a post just about the promo.
Its about the conduct of the mods that are in charge of the promo and the mods themselves.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 08:58 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
Quote:
This is for public record as well as to speak on mod behavior.

I have been raising a issue about the weekly promo from the start and I even contacted a mod who I believe to be the head of this promo and was ignored,or otherwise brushed off coldly.
For any Problems at PSO in the Forum, with a Mod or Promo you should Private Message TOO2COO or PSOGefallener and we will look in to any concerns you may have

Quote:
I warned that their would be issue picking Effsea in the first week and how it would look to the forum.
As usual my words fell on deaf ears or eyes in this case and this mod picked his friend as the one to unroll the promo. Lets remember that this is my opinion as I would never be able to prove this.
This Promo has a scoring Platform, and not 1 Mod can make the call on who wins it.

Quote:
I spoke out against this to make sure that other members saw what was going on and to force
the promo to be more fair for the next players to win. Nothing wrong with Effsea winning its just a bad idea to start with him when the forum is looking like a ole boys club.This pushes away any new members or people that have run ins with these individuals like myself.
The Best Member for Week 1 won, Based on the scoring, Didn't matter if he was New or Old that is not part of the scoring

Quote:
So yesterday I was contacted by a mod and he quoted one of my opinions and said in a threatening tone that it stops now! The read in between the lines would be that I would be banned if I kept talking about the issue. So to protect myself from farther threats I turned off private message.
At no time was anything sent to you Threatening , you can try and spin it any way you want but it was simple and to the point. If you would like to continue on this subject it will need to be done thru PM.

Quote:
Lets remember here that the person telling me that I have voiced my opinion enough is also the same mod that spams the forum with promos. So how is it that my opinion is seen as spam and his multiple posts on a promo are not? Why is it that I speak my mind that a mod or two are soon to follow telling me I dont know what I am talking about and I am way off base!
We do not spam the forum, the Promos we post on is part of the Job we have and there for will be posted as they should be..

Quote:
I feel there is something deeply wrong in the core of PSO if this behavior is going to continue.
To kill a members voice is wrong,to protect yourselfs from the scrutiny is also wrong and worst is the old boys club feel of this forum.
PSO is growing every day and will continue to as we enter 2012, as for the Old Boy club there is always going to be Groups in the forum as long as the follow the rules there is no problem..

Quote:
I can post links that show some of these mods have been together for a long time and I am supposed to come to them if I have a issue? Please..
There only 4 of us who have been Mods for a long time Joe and I from the start, Eric from early Last year and Flophitter from last spring, Everyone else on the team is New to the Mod team and we will be posting the full team Very soon..As for having an Issue at PSO that is what we are here for, To help you with any issues you may have

Quote:
I applied to be a mod to keep things in check,but was handed a very cold email containing one sentence. I see mods selected because they are from different time zones and yet they offered the forum nothing before this.So I do see it as a slap in the face of not only me but those that want things to run fairly.
As for this you can always reapply in the future, as were always looking to add to the Team

Quote:
If you feel like giving me the hammer after reading this,by all means do your worst.
I wont be the last to speak on this issue and it wont end here in PSO!
We wish you the best at the tables and in life if you have any questions feel free to PM me

Brian

Last edited by TOO2COO; Thu Nov 24, 2011 at 09:03 PM..

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 09:27 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
No twisting of words,I guess it will have to be your word squashing mine for now.
Not sure how I can read your pm any other way!

Pso is growing sure freerolls always attract people,Im talking about the forum.
Just going through the new member posts I see two not found on the first page.

I click latest posts and the first 5 pages are promo ads,so me speaking on a topic more than once should be acceptable if this is acceptable.That is my point and is in reference to your pm.

Speaking to any mod has lost its taste for me through pm. Knowing that plotting is going on against me in the mod forum is enough to just say enough. Knowing some one that has been playing nice with me all this time is wanting my head the most is really unsettling.

Im just making this post for future reference for any one wondering why I have vanished.

Enough said, I will play nice now that I have a new way of getting my points across.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 09:44 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
how many mods are there now? sometimes the mod posts outnumber the regs...

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 11:38 PM
(#8)
There are enough mods to support significant growth of this forum. As has been posted multiple times a full list will be posted when the team is completely set and trained.

The goal of the administrators is to grow this site. All actions they are taking are with that goal in immediate view. This will not be an easy task while US players are not allowed to fully partake of Pokerstars offerings but they have signed on to the goal nevertheless.

Making the community more attractive is a large part of the growth strategy. The Member of the Week promotion is just one piece of that puzzle. Although the scoring algorithm will never be made public you will have to trust me that is highly objective and not subjective. It is not subject to the whims of the judges.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 11:42 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
isnt this the scoring algorithm?

Scoring
Our PokerSchool Community Coordinator and Moderators will review all applicants on the following criteria:
Content Strength 40% - Strong posts make a strong impact; make sure your posts are full of valid detail. Cut out sections that are not required, padding content will not score extra points.
Style of Post 10% - Good content must be easy to understand and fun to read but not too fun, keep your eye on the goal, try to stay on the correct path.
Views & Replies 50% - If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound? This is the same with great posts; others must read your posts so make sure you point friends and family to your in the right direction.
All sections will be scored as Great, Good, and Other. Overall scores will not be shared within the community only the winners score will be given

or has it changed from what is on the player of the week page?

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 12:01 AM
(#10)
Hey Gumshoe,

I like you.
I like your take on poker.
As for the mods, promotions and other things PSO............
This is not your forum and you do not get to decide things.
It is what it is.
Stick to poker, please.
Please.

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 02:10 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
how many mods are there now? sometimes the mod posts outnumber the regs...
There are 200 mods, 37 Canadians, 25 assorted Europeans, 2 Asians, and 142 US folks posting in the forum. I counted. Seriously, I was wayyyy bored.

As a side-note, 123 of the mods are from the US.

My numbers might be slightly off...

But there is only ONE ROOMIK!

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 05:19 AM
(#12)
Since: Sep 2011
In my oppinion the older members gonna be members of the week before the new players.

90% of the old players know what they are talking about and explaining everything, the new players ask questions and so are no eligable to win the member of the week.

The old players contributed soooo much more like Effsea, thats why i think they deserve the member of the week much more then everyone else does.

For now its a fun thing but in a week or 10 nobody will be interested anymore and the newer players will get a shot at it.

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 08:02 AM
(#13)
Quote:
isnt this the scoring algorithm?

Scoring
Our PokerSchool Community Coordinator and Moderators will review all applicants on the following criteria:
Content Strength 40% - Strong posts make a strong impact; make sure your posts are full of valid detail. Cut out sections that are not required, padding content will not score extra points.
Style of Post 10% - Good content must be easy to understand and fun to read but not too fun, keep your eye on the goal, try to stay on the correct path.
Views & Replies 50% - If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound? This is the same with great posts; others must read your posts so make sure you point friends and family to your in the right direction.
All sections will be scored as Great, Good, and Other. Overall scores will not be shared within the community only the winners score will be given

or has it changed from what is on the player of the week page?
I'd say its more of an outline than an algorithm.

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 09:12 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
as clear as mud, but as usual everything will be made clear at a future yet undetermined date.. on another note, what is the criteria for becoming a mod? some have as little as 30 posts in the forum

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 09:33 AM
(#15)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
as clear as mud, but as usual everything will be made clear at a future yet undetermined date.. on another note, what is the criteria for becoming a mod? some have as little as 30 posts in the forum
I've no idea what the actual criteria are, but I would imagine you need:

a love of poker,
experience and a good knowledge of the game,
familiarity with the full breadth of stuff here at the PSO site,
a positive and helpful attitude,
an awful lot of patience,
a pretty thick skin to take the abuse that seems to go regularly in their direction.

I know I wouldn't qualify, I don't think it would really appeal to me, and I can only thank them for the help, guidance and advice they have given me in my short time here.

For my money, (oh wait, this is all free) all the staff here are much appreciated.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 09:54 AM
(#16)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
I've no idea what the actual criteria are, but I would imagine you need:

a love of poker,
experience and a good knowledge of the game,
familiarity with the full breadth of stuff here at the PSO site,
a positive and helpful attitude,
an awful lot of patience,
a pretty thick skin to take the abuse that seems to go regularly in their direction.

I know I wouldn't qualify, I don't think it would really appeal to me, and I can only thank them for the help, guidance and advice they have given me in my short time here.

For my money, (oh wait, this is all free) all the staff here are much appreciated.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

hiccup

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com