Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Need Advice!!!

Old
Need Advice!!! - Thu Nov 24, 2011, 02:56 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
Currently Rank 271 as the last post from the Open Leagues.

I think it's safe now to earn ticket for the Premier League next month, am i right?

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 03:25 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PINOY_HITMAN View Post
Currently Rank 271 as the last post from the Open Leagues.

I think it's safe now to earn ticket for the Premier League next month, am i right?
Hi PINOY_HITMAN,

'Premier Skill League Ticket' will be awarded to the following league participants:

Top 800 finishers* in the Premier Skill League
Top 500 finishers* in the Open Skill League
Top 200 finishers** in the Premier Skill League Qualifier

As long as you can maintain a rank of 500th or below in the Open League, you'll have a green light in to the Premier League!

Also be sure to have a minimum of 20 VPPS to qualify for the Premier League 20VPP monthly prizes or for an even bigger prize 150VPPS for the 150VPP monthly prize pool!

Please visit this link
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/league

GL at the tables,
CannonLee

Last edited by CannonLee; Thu Nov 24, 2011 at 03:29 PM..

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 03:33 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
Sounds like you want 50 people to tell you to go for it!

Just watch the standings to guage after a day of no play.

Im not sure if they have implemented the "turning down permier ticket" option yet,but people lately seem to be suprised that they get a ticket. So personally I think your safe but that dont mean much.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 05:30 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Sounds like you want 50 people to tell you to go for it!
Not really, i give it a shot few months back just to fell out of top 500 in the last few days with 150VPP and worse i thought i really got it because i received the ticket by mistakes and they took it back. with my current ranking it's too risky trying to improve on standing to get few more bucks and i'm afraid to repeat the same mistake i made before.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 05:32 PM
(#5)
Thanks CannonLee and ISeeCookies

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 05:37 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
you could always register play zero hands. get 6- 12 points each time.

grade b

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 06:00 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
you could always register play zero hands. get 6- 12 points each time.

grade b
it's true in early stage but see the results below

PokerSchool Open Skill League No Limit 10000 2185 -2.17 1878.35 1876.18

May once you reached 1800 points you need to be on top 20% to earn points and also it depends how strong the field.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 06:53 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
Just keep an eye on the leaderboard Hitman,Check it on the second last day and see how far you have dropped in the standings, and decide whether you need a few more points to get in the Premier League next month.

MY GUESS is that you only need to place in about the top 550-575 to move up due to the fact that some players will not have 20vpp's.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 06:58 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brkn80 View Post
Just keep an eye on the leaderboard Hitman,Check it on the second last day and see how far you have dropped in the standings, and decide whether you need a few more points to get in the Premier League next month.

MY GUESS is that you only need to place in about the top 550-575 to move up due to the fact that some players will not have 20vpp's.
Thanks brkn80

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 10:35 PM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brkn80 View Post

In actual fact it may well be nearer 650-700 as a considerable number of people either can't afford (or choose not) to get the required vpps. I went up in September finishing 753rd.

Old
Thu Nov 24, 2011, 10:42 PM
(#11)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Welcome back Pinoy, where ya been?

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 02:12 AM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
Welcome back Pinoy, where ya been?
Thanks roomik17, been busy grinding the micro with less success, LOL.

Now i'm trying the Open League and hope i made it this time.

How's everyone here???

I guess need some more reading on PSO Library to improve my game. LOL.

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 08:42 AM
(#13)
Since: Sep 2011
HITMAN just to clear out, if you register and time out every turn you get into the top1400 easily. Always netting you some points, its just the temptation to play good cards that doesnt get you that far.

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 09:15 AM
(#14)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Just dont shove Q6 off and you will be ok

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 11:35 AM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
Just dont shove Q6 off and you will be ok
You still don't forget that damn move of mine.

It's suited now, LOL

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 11:45 AM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTiberxX View Post
HITMAN just to clear out, if you register and time out every turn you get into the top1400 easily. Always netting you some points, its just the temptation to play good cards that doesnt get you that far.
Your right but you need to run the PSO with other tables to resist the temptation but if i'm around 25% or 2500 players left or single digit -ve points sure i'll play any monster pocket because +ve out weight the -ve once you double or triple your chips a sure 30+ points just playing your BB.

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 12:28 PM
(#17)
Update: Current Rank is 355. I noticed that i'm going down at the average of 5 position per session with 6 session per day it's 30 position per day. At the current rate i don't need to play a single session to made to the Top 500. But need to check it on last day to make sure.

Good Luck all and hope to see you in Premiere League next month.

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 12:48 PM
(#18)
Since: Jul 2010
Good luck Hitman, glad to see ya' here again.

We have no way of knowing what the cut-off may be for Open League participants to be qualified for the Premier League. But if the last months are any indication, I believe we had a member make it to the Premier with a finish in the 700's just last month. If someone searched, I'm sure the number was quite higher for qualifying finishes.
Like I said, this is past months. It should get harder and harder to qualify each month, but we'll have to see.
Best o' luck in your decision.

Old
Mon Nov 28, 2011, 02:06 PM
(#19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Good luck Hitman, glad to see ya' here again.

We have no way of knowing what the cut-off may be for Open League participants to be qualified for the Premier League. But if the last months are any indication, I believe we had a member make it to the Premier with a finish in the 700's just last month. If someone searched, I'm sure the number was quite higher for qualifying finishes.
Like I said, this is past months. It should get harder and harder to qualify each month, but we'll have to see.
Best o' luck in your decision.
Thanks Dan.
I'm glad to be back with so many lessons need to read and watch to improve my game.
Training videos is of great help to make good decision in certain situations.

Old
Update!!! - Fri Dec 02, 2011, 05:35 PM
(#20)
Update:

PokerSchool Skill League -- Premier League Ticket Awarded!

Hi PINOY_HITMAN,

Congratulations on earning your ticket to this month's Premier Skill League. The ticket is required for entry to the Premier Skill League tournaments.

Wish me Luck!!!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com