Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Buy-ins for premier league tourneys

View Poll Results: Would you like to see a buy-in for the premier league tourneys?
Yes 3 42.86%
No 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old
Buy-ins for premier league tourneys - Thu Nov 24, 2011, 03:33 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
SilverStar
I am requesting that all premier league tourneys be buyin tourneys. Even if its $0.50 cents.

There are too many freeroll trolls shipping every hand and winning on luck alone and taking out many skilled players who are there to fine tune their game or learn proper poker strategy.

Some guy shipping every hand will not teach anyone anything and its time to weed out these freeroll trolls looking to just screw up the whole tournament because,

A) They don't care.
B) There's no risk involved.
C) Have no intentions of learning anything.

Having a free-roll such as this just invites this sort of player and there are so many in this league who got lucky in the open league to make it into the premier league.

My first thought was to withdraw their ticket form them but that wouldnt be fair to those learning and making mistakes so....

The only other option would be to make these buyin tourneys as well.

Those that do well not only win points but also more than $2.50 for a first place victory.

I am posting this topic because I have talked to many people in the league who think this is a great idea and would love to play for more than points each tourney and still have a crack at the leaderboard prizepool as well.

If you agree, please post a yes or no and maybe support will institute a buyin amount for these tourneys to make then even more exciting in addition to eliminating the trolls who dont care about it. On a plus side it would make each tourney more like a real multitable tourney through having buyins as well as a bigger prizepool for each one.

Thanks for reading.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com