Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

What tilt's you?

Old
What tilt's you? - Fri Nov 25, 2011, 01:54 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi folks,

I was watching a player whom (I suspected) had more than one account. This villain would raise the pot with any two cards and of course hitting (what seemed) 80% of the time. He would comment on how great a play he made each time he won the pot. I so wanted to make a comment on how easy it was to raise or go all-in when he had more than one account. Unfortunately, I could not as the “observer chat was not available.”

Since my heart attack in June I have been on a non-tilt program…But I must admit this R-Soul got my goat big time! Funny thing is I was not even at his table. Just the fact that I could not say anything made my blood pressure rise dramatically. After a few hours I can now laugh at myself… How about you?

Cheers.

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 02:28 AM
(#2)
Deleted user
Your health is the most important thing,railing these yahoos is only going to cause you discomfort.

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 02:38 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st Mate 08 View Post
Hi folks,

I was watching a player whom (I suspected) had more than one account. This villain would raise the pot with any two cards and of course hitting (what seemed) 80% of the time. He would comment on how great a play he made each time he won the pot. I so wanted to make a comment on how easy it was to raise or go all-in when he had more than one account. Unfortunately, I could not as the “observer chat was not available.”

Since my heart attack in June I have been on a non-tilt program…But I must admit this R-Soul got my goat big time! Funny thing is I was not even at his table. Just the fact that I could not say anything made my blood pressure rise dramatically. After a few hours I can now laugh at myself… How about you?

Cheers.
Tilt? Hmmm....

Piss me off?

The arses that consistantly type in Donk ect. when they lose a hand. Those pieces of crap do entice me to return chat. Such as, " The only donk here is you, you are just too damn stupid to know it"

They burn my butt. Not sure about "Tilt" though.

Dale

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 03:38 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2011
I tilt when my PFR shove loses on the river, hell i dont even care if they beat me on the flop, but why always the river.

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 08:14 AM
(#5)
At the poker table you should try to identify your tilt factors and work to eliminate them. They are leaks. While I seldom tilt at my opponent's mistakes and subsequent good fortune, I still tilt at my own mistakes. I need to learn to treat these as just another learning opportunity but I still let them get under my skin.

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 09:32 AM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2011
As I told my wifey this morning when the tv we wanted (black friday sale) was sold out 2 minutes after the doors were open, "it's out of our control. Ranting and getting all pissed about it, doesn't affect anyone but you. You just gotta cut it the eff loose. You'll be ALOT better off for it." There ya go ...poker mirroring life again.. my .02

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 10:02 AM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2011
seems to be losing a bit then trying to get it back, goes downhill from there

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 11:15 AM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
At the poker table you should try to identify your tilt factors and work to eliminate them. They are leaks. While I seldom tilt at my opponent's mistakes and subsequent good fortune, I still tilt at my own mistakes. I need to learn to treat these as just another learning opportunity but I still let them get under my skin.
+1
Couldn't have said it better myself and it fits me 100% of the time too. I've learned not to tilt from others plays nor lucky boards... but when I totally screw up a hand it can happen. When they make a bad play and get lucky, I may yell something at the screen or just shake my head live... but it won't affect my play at all anymore, like it did when I first started (and that's not easy to learn, trust me on it).

Now... if I notice something that I can do to tilt an opp (use time, play a certain way with my bets, etc)... I'll take FULL advantage of it.

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 11:34 AM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Guys that think they play à good hand after they suck out and then start bragging can and do irritate me but i curse 1or 2 times take à deep breath and just go on. Or quit for that day if it are to Many fools in à row!

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 12:45 PM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
nothing tilts me
ok even I get pissed off , there is a reason that grinders and pros steadily turn a profit with graphs climbing upward at 40 degrees slopes. It is because they have a process and they use a certain style and pattern of play. Once you define a pattern and framework of play it greatly eliminates tilt and builds profit.

Last edited by XXChris123; Fri Nov 25, 2011 at 12:47 PM..

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 01:25 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
Tilt is always present in my thinking and for me to say it isnt would be ignoring a issue that could become a serious leak down the road.

Think you and I have had this conversation in the past Chris about tilt.To lazy to go searching.

Its my belief that we all have tilt and when you are not playing your A game you are tilting.
At least that is how I look at it.

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 07:46 PM
(#12)
Since: Jul 2011
I have to agree with XXChris123; my goal is to play tilt free poker.

This means understanding that sometimes 88 beats KK and sometimes PS will do everything in its power to ensure that I don't win the hand.

It means learning to ignore comments posted by other players and observers and it means understanding the motivations that drive other players to play the way they do.

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 07:54 PM
(#13)
Since: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77wopke77 View Post
Guys that think they play à good hand after they suck out and then start bragging can and do irritate me but i curse 1or 2 times take à deep breath and just go on. Or quit for that day if it are to Many fools in à row!
Congratulate them, let them think they are great, they will keep calling your bets when they don't have the drawing odds and you will be better off in the long run.
These guys are a big source of $$ for us, the last thing we want is them realising their mistakes.

Just don't try and bluff them.

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 11:38 PM
(#14)
Since: Jul 2010
Someone once did a feature on TV about the seven deadly sins of poker, and one of them was don't EVER educate the donkeys. Just smile to yourself, say nice hand, and nail them the next time.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com