Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

convince me

Old
convince me - Fri Nov 25, 2011, 08:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
BronzeStar
omg cant beleive it nothing seems right with pokerstars,keep losing yet im miles a head,my hands just wont hold up touney after tourney losing on aa,ak etc practically the nuts on the flop and done by the river always 2 players hit please i feel like im going mad with it,i have the winning hand but lose, massive percent in my favour yet not holding up

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 08:39 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
I have supported giving you a voice but you are starting to spam the forum and not give any thing to support your claims.

Show us something of substance that proves you are right and we can look at it with you.

Old
omg - Fri Nov 25, 2011, 08:49 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
general discussion section? yes or no,no spamming asking a questionking ppl to give me incite why im losing wen percentage in my favour,

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 08:54 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
asking the same question with 0 proof over and over is spamming

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 08:55 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
Its called variance.

Your not going to win with AA or KK every time and when you do hit a up swing just look back at this time as a hiccup. Are these bad beats coming in the Open league or somewhere else?

General discussion is the forum,you are correct.

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 08:56 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
Have you heard of pokerstove?

Go check that out and punch some hands into it and it will show you some percentages for big hands. That should really help you answer this question.

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 09:00 PM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxjojo View Post
omg cant beleive it nothing seems right with pokerstars,keep losing yet im miles a head,my hands just wont hold up touney after tourney losing on aa,ak etc practically the nuts on the flop and done by the river always 2 players hit please i feel like im going mad with it,i have the winning hand but lose, massive percent in my favour yet not holding up
I'm with isse,

This has been discussed at length. Please read all of the following before continuing to post on this subject.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28...dition-255990/

Also if you have hand histories demonstrating your statistically impossible results go ahead and post them. People will respond a lot more positively to evidence than they will baseless claims of "I'm a really really good player but I keep losing, the site is rigged"

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 09:02 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
I have supported giving you a voice but you are starting to spam the forum and not give any thing to support your claims.

Show us something of substance that proves you are right and we can look at it with you.

+1

Maxjojo you need to post some HH's or load them into the replayer and post them in the Hand Analysis section or the Bad Beat one. Please don't post hands in the Analysis section just for the purpose of a gripe on a bad beat. That's not what that section is intended for,it's more about hands you have a question about your line and if there was an alternate way to play,possibly more optimally.

Just coming in here to complain that your hands are getting beat isn't helping you in anyway except for the possible cathartic aspects.

Also understand that in looking at your stats on OPR if you're going to devote all your plays to MTT's and deeper field SNG's like you are (those 180 runner SNG's that you're playing)...well you HAVE to learn to wrap your head around the FACT that the stats you are currently hanging up are good,even very good. You have a 3rd in a big field event and a couple other fairly deep runs as well. The ITM% is solid enough for this selection of plays and your ROI is excellent. If you can't cope with the beats that you ARE going to take,over and over again--guaranteed,when playing these games then you have an emotional tilt problem that you need to address RIGHT NOW.

Variance in these type of games is huge and it is constant. One very big finish in 100 plays is running HOT when playing these big fields and if proper BR management is being adhered to it's more than enough. Because the payoff is so big in relation to the buy-in.

Think about that 3rd place finish you had,I bet it went something like this...

1. All or nearly all of your premium hands (AA,KK,QQ,AKs,AKo and AQs) held.

2. You won probably 65-75% of your flips and races.

3. YOU were the one to lay a couple of bad beats on other players and hit some more standard suckouts when behind as well.

None of this makes you a luckbox or means that you didn't play very good poker in that tournament. What it means is that no matter how well you play to run that deep in a field that size it's almost always going to be contingent on running that well. The difference between a good player and a mediocre player (or worse) is how many times you can consistently put yourself in a position to get lucky. And how much you are capable of capitalizing on it when those opportunities present themselves.

At the end of the day we ALL need the cards to come at some point for our really big victories. Being able to stay in the game and accumulate some chips when the aren't coming is what's key to being there for when they do. And many times the cards simply are NOT going to let you do well. Many more times than not in fact. Focus on what you CAN control,that's your decisions.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Fri Nov 25, 2011 at 09:08 PM..

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 09:03 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
We all go through patches,so I understand the frustration.

Old
discussion - Fri Nov 25, 2011, 09:11 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
didnt mean this to become a out of control discussion sry,happening in tourneys wen im doing so well close to money places,came 3rd in a 5ker,top 100 in 16k and 20k,7th in 180ppl sit and go i can play but today been ....well not gd bad beats every time

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 09:17 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
The only way to beat variance is volume, read some of the threads on another popular site, specifically the $2 180 man thread where proven winners lose 4-500 games in a row...these are guys that are making 10k a month playing just these. Not one of these guys say its rigged. They just load up another 30 games and go

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 09:19 PM
(#12)
Deleted user
Something you will notice is that weekends and Fridays tend to bring out more recreational players.
Some games I do poorly on during the weekend.

You still have a small amount of tourneys to gauge your situation off of.

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 09:33 PM
(#13)
Quote:
didnt mean this to become a out of control discussion sry,happening in tourneys wen im doing so well close to money places,came 3rd in a 5ker,top 100 in 16k and 20k,7th in 180ppl sit and go i can play but today been ....well not gd bad beats every time

Like I said in my earlier post that's how it's going to go in these,lots of misses and a few hits and if you're good a home run every now and again. You're playing field sizes that are going to have HUGE swings. The uptick is take a look at the 3rd you had and what the payout was in relation to where you are buy-in wise. For what you won in that tourney in relations to your current average buy-in level you won 182 buy-ins. That's a lot of cover,knowing that you could hypothetically finish out of the money 182 straight times and break even.

Here's a suggestion of another way to go that may be of help to you. Take a look at some of the smaller field SNG's---the single table ones,or even the 18,27,45 and 90 man ones. All have considerably less variance than what you're solely relying on now game-wise due to the smaller fields. Another benefit is that you will see many more bubbles and final tables in them so you can hone your skills in those situations. You can try to see if you can hang up more consistent results in these and use them as a way to supplement your buy-ins for the bigger tournies.

Maybe take an evening to look around at what's available,watch a few tables on the ones that you think may be a good fit for you to get a feel for the game and then read some tips on how to play them for maximum results. There will also be a lot of info in the video vault as far as these games go. Taking a gander at the types of challenges that are running in the Blogs,Challenges and Achievements section may be something for you to consider as well.

Bottom line if you take the time to ask in a way that we can help there are plenty of people here more than willing to do so. It IS a community in that respect. And there is tons of information that you can access on your own as well.

Good luck moving forward.

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Fri Nov 25, 2011 at 09:37 PM..

Old
aa - Fri Nov 25, 2011, 10:15 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
again i just lose on aa to 22 omg saved my hand history off it and will post it wen i find where it saved

Old
Fri Nov 25, 2011, 10:33 PM
(#15)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Dear maxjojo,

I think noone could convince you as you have decided that the site hates you.

Remember just because you are paranoid does not mean that they are not out to get you.

If you think the site is rigged in some way just to annoy you then the honest answer is don't play here.

Grade b

Old
Sat Nov 26, 2011, 12:28 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar
I know I posted the reference for you in another thread about the Group One and Group Two study I did over several months. My suggestion, read the thread. This time, accept the challenge to record your results.

If your results are that dramatically different, perhaps you're too aggressive. Consider play money games as an experimental ground where you can practice the opposite of what you do. For example, if you shove pocket aces and pocket kings all-in pre flop in the league and money games, slow play them in the play money. You might find out the problem isn't the cards, it may well be how you play those hands.

As I remember the training videos, pocket aces will win 85% when you are one-on-one. Those odds drop with every additional player who calls. So when you shove those cards all-in pre flop, you think that is the right call. However, the league games and in lower stake games will have several players calling with ATC. Instead of you having your pocket rockets shinning in all their glory, they are facing a gang bang with three or four donkeys. That is near even odds of you coming in short.

Again, human nature is working against you, and you are letting it jerk you around like a hooked fish. You get pocket aces, you go all-in, and you get busted. Bet you remember every card and every bet in that hand. Now reverse that play. You play pocket aces, you go all-in, and you win. Bet you cannot remember when that last happened.

And don't say "it never happens." You do, and you are lying to yourself. Or you're doing something even worse, deluding yourself into believing it. If you do the challenge as I outlned in the forum, you'll learn those hands do better than you think. Right now, you are wizzing in your beer and drinking it. Stop crying and get the facts.

It took three months of work recording my hands to convince me that the cards are coming in close to the odds. Now you just mentioned blowing rockets to ducks. Welcome to poker. There is not one player here that hasn't experienced the same thing.

Perhaps the biggest problem is your blindness. You see pocket aces and that is gold. Part of that problem is this school. Instead of telling you the odds of winning, it should emphasize the odds of loosing. When the deal is random, and there is even a 2% chance of falling short, it can happen. For the third and final time, take my challenge and get those numbers in front of you. It just might get you to stop crying long enough to find a way of improving.

Old
Sat Nov 26, 2011, 01:25 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Quote:
again i just lose on aa to 22 omg saved my hand history off it and will post it wen i find where it saved
Welcome to playing poker. If you can't handle being beat by a lesser pocket pair when the board is finished, you need to either quit right now or start listening to the advice others are giving you.

HOLD 'EM IS NOT A TWO CARD GAME. Please, re-read my ALL-CAPS and get that into your head.

p.s. I still want some proof that you've played millions of hands.

Old
Sat Nov 26, 2011, 08:21 AM
(#18)
BronzeStar
A lot of people here are responding with the virtual carrot. They are explaining the reality of poker to you as gently as possible. Like it or not, poker is a game of chance. If it were pure skill, we could quit right after the flop since the strongest hand must win. All have tried explaining the meaning of the word varience.

You're not listening. You keep moaning and groaning. You ignore the suggestions offered by some of the more successful members. You overlook hand histories. You haven't tried any of the training sessions.

Time to introduce the virtual Marine Drill Instructor. Time to give you a kick in the (censored). The game of poker is not something you just waltz into and expect success. It take work. Take the time to examine your game. Too lazy? There is software like PT3 and HM that will collect the data and point you in the right direction. But the bottom line is, to improve, you have to work on finding where your game needs improvement.

Old
please people - Sat Nov 26, 2011, 09:24 AM
(#19)
BronzeStar
in my posts i must stress not once did i say that pokerstars rigs its games!so all those un helpfull people who are saying about rigged please dont post its just getting more confusing,i have read the advice of some good replies and taking note,i know all about variance etc,isnt this poker school or no offence slag of the loosers who cant understand why for 2-3 days keep losing when percentage in there favour? again i soon need to reload money as again my winning hands just getting crushed! so please im entitled to moan and groan

Old
Sat Nov 26, 2011, 09:56 AM
(#20)
Quote:
in my posts i must stress not once did i say that pokerstars rigs its games!so all those un helpfull people who are saying about rigged please dont post its just getting more confusing,i have read the advice of some good replies and taking note,i know all about variance etc,isnt this poker school or no offence slag of the loosers who cant understand why for 2-3 days keep losing when percentage in there favour? again i soon need to reload money as again my winning hands just getting crushed! so please im entitled to moan and groan

OK yeah you and anyone else is perfectly entitled to moan and groan to your hearts content. But you will be catching the biggest bink in poker history if you get another player to sympathize with you,simply because they are taking they're beats to.

Be constructive and let people try to help you. Post some HH's. Avail yourself of the great learning tools here.

To that end something in this post caught my eye that I'm going to PM you about so keep an eye out.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com