Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

It has almost been one year...

Old
It has almost been one year... - Sat Nov 26, 2011, 08:25 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
... Since we lost a fellow PSO Skill League Member, gs.rockman.

The last few days, I've spent a great deal of time sifting through the forum to get up to speed with all the "happenings" and as I put it to another member have had just about all I can stand and that I feel like my soul has been sucked out of me.

Then tonight something made me revisit a past post of mine, one that was the start to a new found relationship, the PM was from effsea just letting me know that he thought what I wrote was kind and beautiful... if I remember right. So I suppose I went back to revisit it as I thought about how I met effsea to see what it was that I wrote. I wanted to remember what it was that moved him enough to send me a PM about it...

When I pulled it up... I was then reminded of how our community of PSO Skill League members pulled together and all pretty much had the same tone to each of our condolences. We were so heartfelt and so centered on how much class gs.rockman showed and every encounter we each had with him was appreciated for the way he carried himself at the tables and how he made us feel. What each of us wrote actually meant so much to his family that all of our posts were buried with gs.rockman... so a little piece of each member that had something to say is resting with him today.

In looking at the forum posts today, it seems many of our members may have forgotten what it is that at the end of the day makes us continue to come back here and do whatever it is each of us do when we get here...

As a reminder, here is a link to the thread that I am speaking of: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...highlight=dash

If you take the time to review the seven pages written to the family and friend that shared with us how we'd become important to gs.rockman, you will be reminded of some really great contributors that once frequented the forum that sadly, from what I can tell we don't see all too often, if ever anymore. My goodness, how I miss so many of them so very much and wonder where they are and how they are.

For my friends that I probably bug too often like Moxie, iseecookies, and perhaps a few others... I will say to you what I have said to them many times when I send PMs their way and realize that I am writing a darn novel... when this happens I will always ask myself as if I am in the audience so to speak... "... and my points is???"...

... thankfully, I think I have one this time...

My point is...

... probably best summed up in they way my dad brought me up... in quotes... the first that comes to mind is...

"Better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" (Can't help but think in writing this, if I should be reminded of this myself right now.)

"Opinions are like a ss holes, everybody has one... nobody needs another one." (I realize this is a forum and opinions are also points of view that we share to learn and grow from one another... however, when one is not open to realizing that what they are trying to force down others throats as truth... things get a bit touchy and tempers flair.)

"Perception is reality" (This is a crazy fact about everything in life and unfortunately perceptions we have on any given thing are often so far from reality it is just sick. Nonetheless many of us never step back and take the time to ever let this possibility occur to us.)

"None of us is as smart as all of us" (This one is actually from the best mentor and boss I've ever had that sadly also has passed on and I only pray to meet up with him again someday.)

"If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." (Honestly, if it isn't constructive or meant to help others better their game, their mood, their overall well-being... I am not sure there's really much room for it here in the forum, take it to a PM and hash it out there. Not too much positive ever comes from degrading other players no matter how ridiculous you might find their posts may be... again, perception is reality and sometimes they just don't know any better and that is the point... at least I believe the point of this forum is in place to help teach others another perspective of the game, the attitudes, the line of thinking that keeps them from being able to consistently raise the bar in their game and go from the point they are at to a player that is able to show they've consistently made their game one that has a positive ROI and has shown responsible BR Management, that is always a student of the game looking to what many of us dream about one day finding themselves winning that life changing pot... at least I think many of us dream of this... I can't imagine taking all this abuse otherwise! lol jk)

And to sum up what it is I am trying to say...

"Do unto others as you'd have done to you" (When you're getting ready to post something, it is worth asking yourself... if I were in the other guys shoes... would I want to get a response like the one I am about to send? In the end, if anything you'll be helping to lead by example and help by being a part of the solution vs a part of the problem. If you're about to send off something in response to a careless and/or disrespectful post... it is also a good idea to ask if it is really worth stooping down to that level, again... is it really that important...?)

"Two wrongs don't make a right"

... oh and one more, "When you're right, that's all you are..."

I am disappointed when I look back at the hours upon hours I've spent reading the posts to find that I haven't been able to take away much in terms of learning more about bettering my game.

It is my hope that in the spirit of the holiday season that has come upon us so quickly that we re-invent ourselves for the coming New Year and that each member of this forum gives what I've written some thought and might appreciate the message I am trying to express...

To all of you may you have a safe and happy holiday season. Good luck to all out there while you're grinding it out at the tables and to those of you that are our teachers and have given us your insights and advice... I'd like to thank you for all that you have done and continue to do to help us all become better players.... hopefully in this coming year we continue to see this as well as see us all help each other become better people in the process.

Michelle

Last edited by chelle867; Sat Nov 26, 2011 at 09:50 AM.. Reason: fixed broken link & wording that read differently than I intended

Old
Sat Nov 26, 2011, 08:49 AM
(#2)
Beautiful post Michelle and so very true.

As humans we way too often fail to appreciate the past but in reality we are the sum of our past thoughts and deeds. Many thanks for reminding me about that.

Joe

Old
Sat Nov 26, 2011, 09:11 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2011
Very nice post, sadly I havent been here for a year and I dont know a different situation as it now is.

But let it be true, this is the second post I see you post in the past 3 months. This means you havent contributed much to the learning curve as well.

Part of the problem, part of the solution.

ps. your link to the older topic is not working.

Old
Sat Nov 26, 2011, 09:32 AM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTiberxX View Post
Very nice post, sadly I havent been here for a year and I dont know a different situation as it now is.

But let it be true, this is the second post I see you post in the past 3 months. This means you havent contributed much to the learning curve as well.

I will be looking forward to the next time you lose your mind and start a new thread to get the attention that you are so desperately seeking to justify the reasons why you lose so much.

On the other hand you do contribute to this forum on a somewhat haphazardness way, more so to just whine and complain and to seek free advice that in my mind will never sink into your thick skull in the long run, you my friend are a serious tilter and it entertains me to no avail, keep it up!

Old
Sat Nov 26, 2011, 09:33 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTiberxX View Post

I feel that in terms of helping others learn how to better their game, I am not the best teacher as I am so green. I haven't been playing long enough nor am I a solid enough player to be able to give advice just yet in this area... so I am very much a student at best. I promise when I am confident enough that I feel I have something valuable to add to the table, I will... until then I come here to learn. Hope that made sense?

Thank you for letting me know about the link... hopefully this will work? If not, would some of the guru's help me out and let me know what I might have done wrong and how to do it so that the link works? Thanks so much!!!

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...highlight=dash

Old
Sat Nov 26, 2011, 09:45 AM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
Back at ya Chelle. Great post. You may need work on you poker chops (not as much as YOU think however...) but you have the people chops down just fine.

And Tiber? Maybe refer back to quote number 1 in Chelle's post.

Just sayin'.

Old
Sat Nov 26, 2011, 09:55 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Back at ya Chelle. Great post. You may need work on you poker chops (not as much as YOU think however...) but you have the people chops down just fine.

And Tiber? Maybe refer back to quote number 1 in Chelle's post.

Just sayin'.

Thank you Moxie, I can never remind you enough times how much I appreciate all of your coaching and patience with me that you've had this past year. If not for all that you've taught me... those poker chops might as well have been pork chops... lol

You are the best my friend! I thank you for you so very much!

Michelle

Old
Sat Nov 26, 2011, 11:49 AM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
Thanks Michelle for a great post.
Thanks for being such a nice person here. And after being heads up with you in the tank, I agree with Mox, you're game is coming along quite nicely.

Thanks for bringing back a touching moment.

Old
Sat Nov 26, 2011, 11:59 AM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dertymcgerty View Post
I will be looking forward to the next time you lose your mind and start a new thread to get the attention that you are so desperately seeking to justify the reasons why you lose so much.

On the other hand you do contribute to this forum on a somewhat haphazardness way, more so to just whine and complain and to seek free advice that in my mind will never sink into your thick skull in the long run, you my friend are a serious tilter and it entertains me to no avail, keep it up!
Hehe thanks for the great advice, i've been learning a totally different game style the past 2 days and I finally start to enjoy it again, and off course im in the minus because of the big suckouts but because I enjoy playing I dont care as much anymore

As for the guy that gave me the quote, everyone already knows I am, and I dont mind 1 bit

Old
Sun Nov 27, 2011, 03:27 PM
(#10)
It's true, two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

I think Chelle is correct in her assertion and to her post I would only add one thing. Alaways speak as if you were talking to someone for real.

Too often in forums and chats, people will try to hide behind their anonymity. They will say things that they would never say face to face. Always keep in mind that a real person with personal feelings is on the other side of the monitor and use the same amount of decorum you would use if you could see them through the screen.

Old
Sun Nov 27, 2011, 03:31 PM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Oak View Post

Too often in forums and chats, people will try to hide behind their anonymity. They will say things that they would never say face to face. Always keep in mind that a real person with personal feelings is on the other side of the monitor and use the same amount of decorum you would use if you could see them through the screen.
+1

Old
Sun Nov 27, 2011, 05:06 PM
(#12)
Nice post

Old
Sun Nov 27, 2011, 06:08 PM
(#13)
Thank you for your post and i agree. i have not been here a long time, but i see it to. this should be a community but its not (in my opionion). there is however a community core and that is what makes me come back here.

today i played for the first time with some guys ive seen in training and it was great!
sure they wanted all of my chips but they gave great advice to

and for what its worth, when i post a hand review i would like your advice to

gl at the tables

Old
Sun Nov 27, 2011, 06:15 PM
(#14)
Since: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelle867 View Post
... Since we lost a fellow PSO Skill League Member, gs.rockman.

The last few days, I've spent a great deal of time sifting through the forum to get up to speed with all the "happenings" and as I put it to another member have had just about all I can stand and that I feel like my soul has been sucked out of me.

Then tonight something made me revisit a past post of mine, one that was the start to a new found relationship, the PM was from effsea just letting me know that he thought what I wrote was kind and beautiful... if I remember right. So I suppose I went back to revisit it as I thought about how I met effsea to see what it was that I wrote. I wanted to remember what it was that moved him enough to send me a PM about it...

When I pulled it up... I was then reminded of how our community of PSO Skill League members pulled together and all pretty much had the same tone to each of our condolences. We were so heartfelt and so centered on how much class gs.rockman showed and every encounter we each had with him was appreciated for the way he carried himself at the tables and how he made us feel. What each of us wrote actually meant so much to his family that all of our posts were buried with gs.rockman... so a little piece of each member that had something to say is resting with him today.

In looking at the forum posts today, it seems many of our members may have forgotten what it is that at the end of the day makes us continue to come back here and do whatever it is each of us do when we get here...

As a reminder, here is a link to the thread that I am speaking of: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...highlight=dash

If you take the time to review the seven pages written to the family and friend that shared with us how we'd become important to gs.rockman, you will be reminded of some really great contributors that once frequented the forum that sadly, from what I can tell we don't see all too often, if ever anymore. My goodness, how I miss so many of them so very much and wonder where they are and how they are.

For my friends that I probably bug too often like Moxie, iseecookies, and perhaps a few others... I will say to you what I have said to them many times when I send PMs their way and realize that I am writing a darn novel... when this happens I will always ask myself as if I am in the audience so to speak... "... and my points is???"...

... thankfully, I think I have one this time...

My point is...

... probably best summed up in they way my dad brought me up... in quotes... the first that comes to mind is...

"Better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" (Can't help but think in writing this, if I should be reminded of this myself right now.)

"Opinions are like a ss holes, everybody has one... nobody needs another one." (I realize this is a forum and opinions are also points of view that we share to learn and grow from one another... however, when one is not open to realizing that what they are trying to force down others throats as truth... things get a bit touchy and tempers flair.)

"Perception is reality" (This is a crazy fact about everything in life and unfortunately perceptions we have on any given thing are often so far from reality it is just sick. Nonetheless many of us never step back and take the time to ever let this possibility occur to us.)

"None of us is as smart as all of us" (This one is actually from the best mentor and boss I've ever had that sadly also has passed on and I only pray to meet up with him again someday.)

"If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." (Honestly, if it isn't constructive or meant to help others better their game, their mood, their overall well-being... I am not sure there's really much room for it here in the forum, take it to a PM and hash it out there. Not too much positive ever comes from degrading other players no matter how ridiculous you might find their posts may be... again, perception is reality and sometimes they just don't know any better and that is the point... at least I believe the point of this forum is in place to help teach others another perspective of the game, the attitudes, the line of thinking that keeps them from being able to consistently raise the bar in their game and go from the point they are at to a player that is able to show they've consistently made their game one that has a positive ROI and has shown responsible BR Management, that is always a student of the game looking to what many of us dream about one day finding themselves winning that life changing pot... at least I think many of us dream of this... I can't imagine taking all this abuse otherwise! lol jk)

And to sum up what it is I am trying to say...

"Do unto others as you'd have done to you" (When you're getting ready to post something, it is worth asking yourself... if I were in the other guys shoes... would I want to get a response like the one I am about to send? In the end, if anything you'll be helping to lead by example and help by being a part of the solution vs a part of the problem. If you're about to send off something in response to a careless and/or disrespectful post... it is also a good idea to ask if it is really worth stooping down to that level, again... is it really that important...?)

"Two wrongs don't make a right"

... oh and one more, "When you're right, that's all you are..."

I am disappointed when I look back at the hours upon hours I've spent reading the posts to find that I haven't been able to take away much in terms of learning more about bettering my game.

It is my hope that in the spirit of the holiday season that has come upon us so quickly that we re-invent ourselves for the coming New Year and that each member of this forum gives what I've written some thought and might appreciate the message I am trying to express...

To all of you may you have a safe and happy holiday season. Good luck to all out there while you're grinding it out at the tables and to those of you that are our teachers and have given us your insights and advice... I'd like to thank you for all that you have done and continue to do to help us all become better players.... hopefully in this coming year we continue to see this as well as see us all help each other become better people in the process.

Michelle
nice post chelle and nice to see you still hear at the pso hope to see back in the league 1 day with all the us players till then look after youre self.

Old
Thumbs up
Michelle - Sun Nov 27, 2011, 06:22 PM
(#15)
I just wanna give you a big hug right now,,,

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com