Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Pre-flop play

Old
Pre-flop play - Sat Nov 26, 2011, 10:55 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
Got pocket 6s in late position with 1 limper, raise to 8 cents, ss raises all-in to 41 cents i believe, would u call this?

Holdem Manager says this is a +EV call

Last edited by XxTiberxX; Sat Nov 26, 2011 at 12:05 PM..

Old
Sat Nov 26, 2011, 12:06 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
you're at best in a race and could easily be dominated. If it were me, I'm folding and finding a better spot.

Old
Sat Nov 26, 2011, 01:04 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Well, this is read-dependent. You need to call 33¢ to win 52¢, so you're getting about 1.6 to 1 odds, or you need to win about 40% to be +EV. What's his range here? If he's pushing 20% you're about 47% to win, so def. +EV there. If he's pushing 15% you're still in good shape with 45%. If he's pushing 10% you're still +EV with about 41% equity. That's a range of [88+ A9s+ AQo+ KQo K9s+ QTs+ JTs]. So if he's pushing a range like that it is a good call. Any tighter and it's a fold. Any looser and it's a call. BUT a lot of people have different ranges, not just a "top x% range", they may be pushing any pair and any AQo+ (with no regard to suitedness) or something else. Or they may be super tight and only pushing [88+ KQ+], against which you're about 37% Once you start getting pairs lower than 66 in his range, it's a definite call, on this depth of money. This doesn't mean you should be calling all-ins with 66 preflop all the time, but under 20 BBs effective, it's often a good call.

Old
Sat Nov 26, 2011, 03:33 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
guys sitting short on a cash table and shoving 20bb I'm generally calling with a pair, but it's close... ori summed it up well.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com